PDA

View Full Version : Port'n'polish

EXDUNER127
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Can you get any gains just by porting and polishing your head, with a bigger carb and full exhaust and other bolt ons, or do you need the cam and piston for it to have any effect.

i want to do some mild gains for better performance for the sand drags coming in april and want to enter the 400cc and not get spanked.

or should i just do a cam and piston?

please help so i can get done asap! thanks

03-09-2004, 03:09 PM
ur best bet would be to get a 11:1 stock bore piston and a drop in cam p&p and a carb that would do what you want and keep u under 400cc.

03-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Port work is great with a cam but normally a cam really shines with a piston so I guess you'll need all the above to be really happy...:huh

I can say too much port work and a stock carb will result in power loss. The bigger the ports are the bigger the carb needs to be..:cool:

AAAirbooorn
03-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Port work is great with a cam but normally a cam really shines with a piston so I guess you'll need all the above to be really happy...:huh

I can say too much port work and a stock carb will result in power loss. The bigger the ports are the bigger the carb needs to be..:cool:

The more gas you suck up, right?

Diedrich
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
get ya a piston, cam, and exhaust first...thats what i would do

EXDUNER127
03-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the info, i guess I will start with the cam and piston.

Will a .080 over bore produce anything more compared to a std bore high comp piston?