PDA

View Full Version : if they build it we will buy

250exrder
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
i think the 250ex is underrated, everyone thinks its such a bad quad cuz it doesnt go 65+ mph, if these aftermarket companies would manufacture more parts for the 250 sales would definately go up...u always see 250ex riders complaining about the low amount of power, more engine mods are needed for this well rounded atv, if they build it we will buy........ne one who agrees post ur thoughts

quadracer511
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
i totally agree with u on that id love it if they produced ,more aftermarket parts for the 250 its a great quad but it could be even better

Diedrich
03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
i think they should make more parts for the 250 and the 300ex..most of the companies only build parts for the bigger quads these days and i see as many small quads out as i do big ones

toby400ex
03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Diedrich
i think they should make more parts for the 250 and the 300ex..most of the companies only build parts for the bigger quads these days and i see as many small quads out as i do big ones What cant you get for the 300ex these days?

2k2-300exnj
03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
What cant you get for the 300ex these days?
my thoughts exactly on the main topic though the 250ex is not made to be a high performance atv and there are a lot of companys that make parts, FST makes a big bore, almost everyone makes a pipe, axles i have seen, i believe that u can use a front end off a different quad but i dont remember which one

250exrder
03-09-2004, 05:32 PM
i know its not made to be a highperformance quad, but how cool would it be to MAKE it into one...that would be a project id love to do if i had enuf money... i bet we could get one to do 65 if we had all the mods like...
fat boy pipe or ne others(full)

after market carb 36mm,

dyno jet kit,

k&n air filter

pow roll 20cc kit,

20" holeshots,

outerwears on ari filter,

works shox all the way around,

wheel spacers to increace stability and handeling,

lighter/stonger rims, a

lighter parts on the quad, such as ,stering stems ,handlebars ,wheels ,shifters and front bumpers and such.

I definetly think it would be a #1 contender in say trail races or sumthing...if ne one has any of these parts on thier 250ex show us ur pics!

250exrder
03-09-2004, 05:40 PM
http://www.duncanracing.com/cgi/inprintreturn.cgi?get=/misc/4wheelatvaction_apr03.pdf&ret=3

mint 250...u need adobe acrobat reader to see it

toby400ex
03-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 250exrder
i know its not made to be a highperformance quad, but how cool would it be to MAKE it into one...that would be a project id love to do if i had enuf money... i bet we could get one to do 65 if we had all the mods like...
fat boy pipe or ne others(full)

after market carb 36mm,

dyno jet kit,

k&n air filter

pow roll 20cc kit,

20" holeshots,

outerwears on ari filter,

works shox all the way around,

wheel spacers to increace stability and handeling,

lighter/stonger rims, a

lighter parts on the quad, such as ,stering stems ,handlebars ,wheels ,shifters and front bumpers and such.

I definetly think it would be a #1 contender in say trail races or sumthing...if ne one has any of these parts on thier 250ex show us ur pics! Nah, it would be the same top speed if not a bit lower because of the 20" holeshots.

beak7707
03-09-2004, 07:55 PM
One big problem for you 250ex riders is you cant change gearing any. It would be nice if you could change the gearing to get power where you wanted it. You guys are right to there are a lot of the 250's out there, and I'm sure somebody will see a chance to make some money off of them. I'd say some aftermarket parts will show up somwhere in the future.