PDA

View Full Version : trees suck

Out_Sider
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
i was trail riding the other day...and i had just got my new nerf bars on.. and i was goin pretty fast in the trail..and i slide sideways and smacked right into a tree with my new nerfs..and it bent my nerf in a lil bit, and bent my peg.. i'll have to be a lil more careful about trail riding, lol

SadisticShee
03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes trees do suck

dabkrk45
03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
what kind of nerf bars do you have?

pbarr86
03-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Hope you were able to straighten them out.

That's why I won't put nerfs on mine, most of the time it's trail rides and the nerfs would just get in the way.

exrider505
03-19-2004, 07:17 AM
I know what you mean, last week I came around a turn wide open in 4th it was a bigger turn then I thought and I was starting to drift off the trail so I down shifted when I did the rear end swung around and my back left tire became paralell with a tree then hit it. My ex rolled over and threw me off, I got lucky all I had was a few scratches and my quad was fine.

ScrnNmsSUCK
03-19-2004, 08:24 AM
i went out trail blazing one weekend with atreyu. He ran over a tree and it cut his gas line on his trailblazer. So he did the only thing he could do, he went back and cr@ped on the tree...true story. Luckly one of our friends had a quad and was able to tow him back. THe only thing bad about that was that it was a quadrunner160......that thing was pullin huge wheelies tryin to tow the tb.

LAFAYELLOW400
03-20-2004, 09:15 AM
TELL ME ABOUT IT! I WAS RIDING AT THE BADLANDS IN INDIANA,
AND WE WERE TRAIL RIDING WHEN OUT OF KNOW WHERE A
100 YEAR OLD OAK TREE JUMPED IN FRONT OF ME. FORTUNATLY
,FOR MY QUAD, MY BODY TOOK THE BRUNT OF THE IMPACT. I
ENDED UP CRACKING TWO RIBS, THANK GOD I WAS WEARING
A CHEST PROTECTOR IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE. ANYWAY 5
WEEKS LATER AND IM STILL A LITTLE SORE.

lol
03-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by SadisticShee
Yes trees do suck

:o

TORO1968
03-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by LAFAYELLOW400
TELL ME ABOUT IT! I WAS RIDING AT THE BADLANDS IN INDIANA,
AND WE WERE TRAIL RIDING WHEN OUT OF KNOW WHERE A
100 YEAR OLD OAK TREE JUMPED IN FRONT OF ME. FORTUNATLY
,FOR MY QUAD, MY BODY TOOK THE BRUNT OF THE IMPACT. I
ENDED UP CRACKING TWO RIBS, THANK GOD I WAS WEARING
A CHEST PROTECTOR IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE. ANYWAY 5
WEEKS LATER AND IM STILL A LITTLE SORE.

Hey fellow Lafayette rider! You have a PM... :D

trouble661
03-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I hit a tree sideways. my nerf bars were smashed into the 400ex with my foot in the middle.my foot was crushed,broke a few bones in my foot . its been about 3 weeks ago and still have another 3 or 4weeks to recover.

goldfish
04-17-2004, 08:44 PM
have you guys seen that video of that kid on the green dirtbike who goes over the jump in the woods and falls off, his bike nails a tree. Luckily he fell off or else he would of nailed it too!

Acidburn
04-19-2004, 06:32 AM
nope never seen it, got the link? but im with ya brotha trees do suck, i was riding a trail and i was flying threw there and took a turn and was being a smart ***** and slid the back end around and it went to far and i hit a tree and bent my brand new dg front bumber had to take it off .

250rmike
04-20-2004, 08:40 PM
well i have had my fare share of incidents with trees mainly with my old blaster just learning to ride but one time i was following some friends through trails that i didnt know and we all went through a little mud/stream and some how i managed to find the only stump in the whole stream and almost went over the bars and bent my dg bumper and on top of that i the bumper got stuck on top of the stump and i couldnt get of i had to wait till my friends turned around and noticed i was gone and came back for me. took all three of us to get it off

LethalCVBz
04-22-2004, 08:03 PM
I hit my tree doin about 50-55 mph. And it sucked :blah:

wwclea01
04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
smacked a tree with my right wheel last weekend pretty fast. sent me in a barrel roll. I didnt get hurt but it pretzeled my tie rod.

chad cavagnaro
04-30-2004, 04:38 PM
were i ride, i have seen a few memorials : crosses with flowers
around them, so i definately try to stay away from them!!!
i was in a hare scamble about 3-4 weeks ago and one bent my brand new a/c stadium front bumper and i completely broke it off trying to fix it. i was like#*!#*&#*&@!!!! cost 50 bocks to have it re welded, now its a 200.00 bumper that is prolly gunna get bent again!! shiot! :grr: :mad: