PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Tim Farr in GNC Round 2?

pbell75
03-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Just curious as to what happend to Farr to cause the DNF down in Florida and the second poor showing in a row.

seatec
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Probably just working out some bugs.

03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
i believe he broke his axle..:( musta been a durablow..:o

gimp419
03-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Farr broke and axle in the first moto, after a poor holeshot and the second moto I didn't really pay much attention, I think he was in the middle of the pack. Honda better step it up cause Farr's bike looked no where near as fast as Gust's Team Suzuki ride! Speaking of Suzuki, Gust ran away from the entire pack, including Jones, I mean at one time he had a 14 second lead! :eek2:

rydes400ex
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
It was an rpm

pbell75
03-09-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree the Honda/Farr team needs to step it up, two races down and no podiums! Farr had a crappy Pro Production season last year on the z400, hopefully he hasn't lost his touch. Honda and Farr need to make us all proud, cus there are a ton of blue machines out there and I'm sick of hearing about them. Gust got one for the Lone Suzuki in the class and we need Farr to get one for the Lone Honda.

mxdave28
03-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by pbell75
I agree the Honda/Farr team needs to step it up, two races down and no podiums! Farr had a crappy Pro Production season last year on the z400, hopefully he hasn't lost his touch. Honda and Farr need to make us all proud, cus there are a ton of blue machines out there and I'm sick of hearing about them. Gust got one for the Lone Suzuki in the class and we need Farr to get one for the Lone Honda.

Umm not to be an *** over this but, did you pay attention to anything last year?:confused: "Farr had a crappy Pro Production season last year on the z400" Umm dude,he took 2nd place in every pro production race last year with the exception of 2 and those he placed 1st. :rolleyes: Mr. Farr hasent lost his touch, he is on a completely new machine which has its problems give it time my brotha:D and as for being the only honda out there....question i have is...isnt doug eichner runnin the new 450r now also?

pbell75
03-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Eicher and Hale are both on 450r's, but Hale isn't yet at the Farr, Gust, Jones level. Eicher has never been anything more then a west cost 4-stroke god, he and Hale both need more seat time before they can compete. Last year Farr's performance was nothing like it was two years ago. He placed well, but if all the riders were in Pro Production, and that was the only clas, in my opinion he would have done very poorly.

jb500ex
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
honda placed all their eggs in one basket and now they have too pay. the bike is doing nothing in gncc's or gnc's

pbell75
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
The honda had a podium in Florida behind Bill Balance this past weekend - not bad for a new bike.

Johnny_G
03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by pbell75
The honda had a podium in Florida behind Bill Balance this past weekend - not bad for a new bike.

No honda was on the podium In FLA , only Mike Houston is riding the new TRX 450, and he was doing just as well on his 400ex, as he is the new 450.

Also Jathan Seal has 2 top ten overall's on the TRX 450.

Not trying to slam honda, but there bike is nowhere near the level of the Yamaha, when the roll off the end of the assembly line!!!!!!!!!

pbell75
03-09-2004, 04:01 PM
you're right I was thinking of Pro AM in Georgia, I got Seal confused and thought he was in Pro - my bad. The Honda is a great bike, weather or not it will beat a YFZ has yet to be seen. You guys forget that the YFZ has been out for much longer and has had many more secrets revealed than the TRX. You Yamaha guys get all excited over the smallest things! If there were 100 Hondas and 1 Yamaha, I'd bet a Honda would probably win (ever been to Vegas, odds) As I said before, Gust stepped it up and won one for Suzuki, I great feat in and of itself. If you guys think that the Honda is a second rate machine, get your shots in now, cus I can assure you it is not and will be on the podium for many years to come

jb500ex
03-09-2004, 05:37 PM
it just took too long to get it out. and i think they should have helped out more riders. yamaha has helped alot more riders and it is paying off. and too johnny c chad duvall did better on his 500ex, so don't give us the yfz is the new sliced bread. and yes i know he finished second this weekend but where is he overall

Pappy
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
it's called racing.

anyone have a towel handy:confused:

03-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Flame suit on....:devil:

Even though there's only about a dozen new honda's in the GNCC's I've yet to see one on the side of the trail...:o

I know Andy Lagzdins dad tried to leave their yammi in GA and offered to sell it to me cheap.:eek:

Look for a Honda 450R on the Pro line in NC because Andy's headaches with the new yammi are over I believe..:cool: His dad was absolutely livid after the race in GA regaurding Andy's finishes and problems with the YFZ450..

I think they are sweet quads and Bryan Cooks is the best lookin quad in the GNCC series. If I had the cash layin around I'd own one in a heart beat. I'd also like to have a new honda. I know when I'm on the line at a GNCC it's a sea of new yammi's and I'm like, Man honda really did drop the ball..:( But it's still early and 5 new honda's show up at every race..:D I'd say by the summer brake it'll be an even field of honda's and yammi's. Next year will be the true test of honda against yamaha in the GNCC series..

I'm not anti yamaha i'm just callin it the way i see it..:) Heck i might even be buyin the future wife a wolverine...:cool:

400exBro
03-09-2004, 06:16 PM
as someone stated honda did put all their eggs in one basket and that was their only mistake...
they should have also offered rides to Bill Balance or Chad Duvall for GNCC and JJ for GNC as well as Tim Farr...

JJ is a young guy and is still super fast,,, were tim is starting to get on the older side of his years (No offense Tim is still one of the faster guys out there consider he placed 1st in qualifying)... Maybe honda will offer more supported rides next year??

Also big shouts out to James Banks 113 on a yfz 450 placing 2nd in 265A , I race with him up here in Ontario Canada super nice guy and fast... I hope he does well this year in both the nationals state side as well as here in Canada

gncc571
03-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I know when I'm on the line at a GNCC it's a sea of new yammi's and I'm like, Man honda really did drop the ball..:( But it's still early and 5 new honda's show up at every race..:D I'd say by the summer brake it'll be an even field of honda's and yammi's. Next year will be the true test of honda against yamaha in the GNCC series..

Ive noticed that theres as many Hondas, if not more, as there's Yamahas in the stock class.

Mine don't seem to be bothering me any!
plus 600 bucks from Honda don't hurt either

tprender
03-09-2004, 06:21 PM
From what I have told and read in the mag's, the Yam is much better in stock form. If you do alot of mod's on the Honda it will run dead even with the Yam. At the last 6 hr race, a Honda took the overall and also won the "A" class. Both of the machines were very heavy moded out.
If you have every watched Gust at a GNC race, when he get's the lead he will walk away from the rest of the field. Gust and Jones are the 2 fastest on the MX track.
Like Rico said give the Honda some time and you will see some good results later in the year.