PDA

View Full Version : OK, head gasket thing.

Ex_Rider43
03-08-2004, 09:24 PM
ok guys heres the deal I want to knoe if my head gasket is blown or whats wrong with this damn motor.

i first heard some king of valve ticking but they were tighten up and Ive rode it for about 5-6 hours... so I opened the head cover to check if it was the cam and rockers again.. no they are A-1.. so I hit the search button to know what wrong and found out that many people are having problems with head gaskets.

I have a brand new wiseco 11:1 406cc piston and a cam so I want to know if it could be a leaking gasket... it makes a weird sound. I dont know if oil is leaking but when a gasket is blown it should leak oil no ?? I know that it makes a weird sound when you blow one. its the stock gasket by the way and everything is new in this motor.

what shold I do???

Aceman
03-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I've heard when you put in an aftermarket cam it makes the valves tick a lot louder than stock, this is normal.

44oEX
03-09-2004, 05:05 AM
I have a web cam and the vavles don't tick.

Check around the gasket ( head and cylinder ) to see if there is any oil or carbon ( black stuff ) around there if there is you need a new gasket. you could also check the head studs to see if the torque it good 33 ft/pd

Ex_Rider43
03-09-2004, 06:38 PM
the valves were loose like **** guys I think its the problem.

it seems like my valves are getting loose faster with a built motor also???

44oEX
03-10-2004, 08:24 AM
you probably just drive it harder.cause you have more power.