PDA

View Full Version : boots advatage>?

cabex
03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
i was thinkin about picking up a set Tech 6 boots, but i wana know what the real advatages of wearing boots are?

thanks

also how good of quality are these boots? are they worth the 230

TRX310R Rider
03-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh, definately definately definately get boots. To me there is really no debate on having boots or not. I can't even ride without my boots. I only ride sand to so I don't have the problems of rocks and everything but boots are just a no brainer in my opinion. A lot of people ride with work boots and some with regular shoes. Boots protect your shins, ankles, feet, toes etc. I say go with boots no matter what...Later

hondarider2006
03-08-2004, 09:49 PM
along with all of that, they add a lot of ankle support, so if you land hard your ankle will have less of a chance of blowing out:)

Cal440exRider
03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
I have a pair of Tech 6's. They are very comfortable (though the tech 8's are more comfortable) and provide tons of protection. Like TRX310R said
boots are just a no brainer in my opinion

LazeR
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
i love my tech 6's! Probably saved me from a broken ankle to when my quad went on top of me and the peg went right into my ankle and had the weight of the quad all on my ankle! Just a nice lil bruise and some soreness walking LOL i bet if i wouldn't of had boots on it would of been alot worse!

cabex
03-09-2004, 07:42 AM
so are there any advatages that the Tech 6s have over a less expensive pair of boots?

Doibugu2
03-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by cabex
so are there any advatages that the Tech 6s have over a less expensive pair of boots?

I personally don't have Tech 6's. But you never hear anyone complain about A-stars.

Remember you will be wearing your boots for several hours, soaked with mud and water. You want your feet to be comfortable. Boots are a great investment.

Got Roost?
03-09-2004, 03:29 PM
ALWAYS WEAR BOOTS! Just an example. One of my friends landed from a jump and didn't quite get his foot back on the peg. Looked like someone used an ice cream scooper on his shin! 8" by 2" gash and a sliver of bone missing! I always wear my boots after seeing that.

I have some tech 6 boots and IMO they are worth the $$.

MotoX3
03-09-2004, 03:39 PM
I was wearin tennis shoes jumping a little jump in our backyard....cased it hard and my foot came off the peg...my big toe went completely under my foot....looked gross and hurt really bad....Moral:always wear boots!(btw i have ARC coronas and there really cheap and work!)

quadrcr161
03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
they saved me from a broken leg. had to race a friends quad i have never rode before because mine blew the tranny out. he busted his rear fenders the weekend before and didnt get his new set in time, i was doing the first uphill double at london Ky and landed crooked and cased it, my left leg was under teh axle and drug up to the launch of the next jump where i could pull my leg out from under it. i kept going but when i landed on the down hill double after that, my left leg gave out and swelled up in the boot. i though it was messed up but i could put pressure on it a few hours later. no teling what would have happened if i didnt have them on.

a tip, if you have leather boots, rub them down with saddle soap a lot, it will help them break in. you will want to try to have them broken in as much as you can before you ride.

JDiablo
03-09-2004, 04:14 PM
you will have to get used to shifting tho,you will have to lift your leg up because of all the ankle support you won't be able to use your ankle anymore just to shift...i still have to try and ride with it....anybody know a good way to break in boots besides wearing them?

pure insanity
03-09-2004, 08:22 PM
i just bought a new pair of boots after having riden in work boots all my life. i found it extremley difficult to shift. matter of fact im thinking of modifying the shift lever so its got a peg above and below your footso you dont have to rely quite as much on your ankle.
as for breaking them in, i was told by an older fellow that wears cowboy boots like most people wear tennis shoes, to soak them in water as in fill them up and put them in the bathtub overnight. dump them out and wear them till they dry out.
i dont know if this would work or not but i aint trying it, however if you ride around your house often for short periods of time, you might could do this and help speed up the time to break them in. ive also heard saddle soap works well. i like that idea much better.

JDiablo
03-09-2004, 08:26 PM
what is saddle soap?and how in the world are your boots going to dry when your wearing them?:confused:

redrunner
03-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Get the boots!

ledofthezep
03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I got Thor T30's. Got them when I got my dirtbike so I didn't get the ones with the ATV sole. They're still a bit stiff. At the dunes I usually just wear docs unless I plan on getting stupid...I need to start wearing them more, at least to get my moneys worth. The only thing that sucks is when I ride my banshee with them the plastic melts on the headers.:mad:

PHIL_B54
03-11-2004, 06:37 AM
ive only rode with my new boots a couple of times, and i cant feel when im shifting. im hoping it will get better when they break in- or i will get used to it. im also having a problem with the ATV sole i got on mine, it grips to well. like when i pivot my leg around to get my toe around the shifter, the sole will get caught on the peg

i will just have to get used to them, cause i you should were them

brandonpeake
03-11-2004, 08:08 AM
put your boots on a wear them around walking in them is the best way to break them in and just pick them up and bend them with your hands so you are bending the toe of the boot upwards from the bottom

also i got some thor boots for like $85 but they are not no A-stars if u can afford them get them, also get ATV bootsd not mx boots, the boots i have are slick on the bottom if u get ATV boots they have tread

zephead400ex
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
I am wanting some boots to go with my new pants and jersey.:D Any more suggestions? I will not spend a load of money on something that I will not wear very often, but I want something that is reliable and durable.

Ideas?

ledofthezep
03-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Ideas?

You could just double or tripple up on your socks & try my tech8's if ya want.:D

Bad Habit
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I am wanting some boots to go with my new pants and jersey.:D Any more suggestions? I will not spend a load of money on something that I will not wear very often, but I want something that is reliable and durable.

Ideas?

I was thinking along the same lines as you a couple years ago. I had always seen how cheap you could buy a pair of Oneil Elements, but everyone told me they were like wearing ski boots. I got a pair of the Oneil M840(??) for $129. It only took about 1 season of riding to get them broke in really good. Now, I am uncomfortable riding in anything other than these boots. They just recently dropped that model for a new one so you might be able to find them on clearance from one of the mail order places pretty cheap.

Just a thought.