PDA

View Full Version : Plastics scratched

exrider44
03-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Anyone know what can get out scratches on the plastics. My bike already got scratched bad where your legs are. Its all white already and I never had the problem with my 400ex. Any help would be great. Maybe something to bring back the color doesnt matter. It just stinks since its still a new bike.:(

04trx450R
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Mines scratched up pretty bad too, from riding in the woods.... I don't know how to get rid of thm, but I started waxing the plastics with meguires carnuba wax, it seems to help protect the plastics, stuff slides over them now instead of scratching it.

MX#9
03-09-2004, 06:23 AM
I was going to get the 16 mil clear to put on mine it that area and did not get around to it,what a mistake,4 rides later and it looks like it is a year old,bummer. The plastic seems very soft. Also if you wear tech 8 alpinestars,the second buckle up from the bottom will gouge your left rear fender pretty bad. My buckle was full of shredded plastic,I thought it was the kids play-doh!

kazpr
03-09-2004, 06:44 AM
Where can I get 16mil? Whatever that is :) Thanks

MX#9
03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
It is for covering your number plates. I always used it on my mx bikes to cover the number plates and protect them. Any dealer that sells mx stuff should have it or be able to get it for you. It comes in sheets and you just cut it to fit,wish I would have put it on.

330R PowerValve
03-09-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by kazpr
Where can I get 16mil? Whatever that is :) Thanks
check your PM

Honda
03-09-2004, 08:24 AM
I was going to get the 16 mil clear to put on mine it that area and did not get around to it,what a mistake,4 rides later and it looks like it is a year old,bummer. The plastic seems very soft. Also if you wear tech 8 alpinestars,the second buckle up from the bottom will gouge your left rear fender pretty bad. My buckle was full of shredded plastic,I thought it was the kids play-doh!

Me Too!!! Minus the part about the Kiddies playdoh!

:eek2:

2004TRX450R
03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by MX#9
I was going to get the 16 mil clear to put on mine it that area and did not get around to it,

I did!:devil: Didn't want it to get all messed up especially that black tank. So I put it on the sides of the tank, on the sides of the fenders where your legs rub and on the fronts of the back fenders. Works really good. I'm sure if you clan them up really good then put it over them they will look almost brand new again!:D :D

Honda
03-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Nah, I'm just going to run the piss out of her this year, then over winter I will put new Rear plastic and a tank on it, then the 16 mil.
Besides, I don't care what you do, one harescramble and the plastics finished either way. Unless you cover it all, like Bad Bill Ballance.

I tried picking up the 16 mil when I purchased my -R-, they was out, I had to order and it didn't come in until after my first romping on her, by that time the rear plastic was finished.

I ended up ordering the Factory Effex Clear Number back ground. have it now, unfortunatly me fenders be scratched already.

:grr:

spincr4hire
03-09-2004, 11:51 AM
try the colored number plate backgrounds, black or red would look good. clear would be fine if the plastic didn't have any rides on it. ALL colors show scratches bad, my silver Maier is just over a month old and already looks like shiz.

Matty24s
03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Anyone got any pics of this stuff on the bike?

Phillip
03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Get a can of pro prep it does wonders.!!!

exrider44
03-10-2004, 09:51 AM
The scratches I have arent where you would put number plates its right in the inside near the kick starter both sides. :(

spincr4hire
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by exrider44
The scratches I have arent where you would put number plates its right in the inside near the kick starter both sides. :(

We are talking about number plate sheets, its just a square sheet like 13" x 18", you can get any color, and cut to any shape you want to cover up high traffic areas.

exrider44
03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh I gotcha..Im a little slow.. hehe:devil:

exrider123
03-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
Anyone know what can get out scratches on the plastics. My bike already got scratched bad where your legs are. Its all white already and I never had the problem with my 400ex. Any help would be great. Maybe something to bring back the color doesnt matter. It just stinks since its still a new bike.:(

I had the same white spots my plastics looked horibble now my plastics look better than new.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=96269