PDA

View Full Version : RPM meter?

Wayne64SS
03-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey guys I an new here and I just bought my first quad. I bought a brand new 03 300ex. It was a leftover at the dealer so i got a good deal on it. I absolutely love it and i think its perfect for me. I am 21 and I weight about 135. I am 5' 10". I think i picked the right quad to start with? Any opinions? My main question was that i wanted some way to keep track of the hours the motor is running and watch the RPMs while it runs. Is there anything like this out there on the market. Thanks Guys and sorry for the long *** post.

Peace,
Wayne.

beak7707
03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Not sure on the hour meter, I'm sure somebody makes one. But yes I agree the 300ex is a good all around bike and an excellent starter bike. I've owned one or been around one every since i started riding, they have always treated me good. Good luck with it, and keep reading post you'll learn quick.

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
Hey guys I an new here and I just bought my first quad. I bought a brand new 03 300ex. It was a leftover at the dealer so i got a good deal on it. I absolutely love it and i think its perfect for me. I am 21 and I weight about 135. I am 5' 10". I think i picked the right quad to start with? Any opinions? My main question was that i wanted some way to keep track of the hours the motor is running and watch the RPMs while it runs. Is there anything like this out there on the market. Thanks Guys and sorry for the long *** post.

Peace,
Wayne.

yea dude, its called a "tachomador" just search that on a parts seller and c what ya find

TRX310R Rider
03-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I don't know anything that could do both of those or anything really inperticular that would keep track of your running hours. However you could pick up a GPS or something that will do a lot of stuff. It will tell your speed, location, the time and length of your ride and all kinds of good stuff. Then about your RPM's which is called a tachometer, well you can get those easily. They have digital and regular tachs like in a car. You can get those which will also record speed and many things like that. I am not sure of a GPS or anything like that, that will keep your hours. Haha if you can't find something just put a watch on your bike and write it down. I'm sure there is something and if there is someone on here will be able to help you. I hope this helped a little. Congrats on the new bike, maybe get some pictures up for us and also welcome to EXriders...Later

Wayne64SS
03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by duncanracing400
yea dude, its called a "tachomador" just search that on a parts seller and c what ya find

yea dude its actually called a tachometer. but i knew that already cause i have worked on cars for years. my real question was to find somethign that did both, thus changing the name from tachometer to something else! Thanks though.

CoorsMan
03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey u can use a Tiny Tach. u can buy them through
Northern Tools.com They are in the small engine area of catalog.

Coorsman

Wayne64SS
03-08-2004, 09:46 PM
i am gonan check it out right now thanks man

2004TRX450R
03-09-2004, 03:49 AM
Check out Trail Tech. They have a pretty sweet computer that will log miles and will even tell you when it is time to service your machine. They are comming out with a new one that has a tach on it too. Should be out in 2-3 weeks I guess. I thought I was getting one last night but the guy told me that they weren't done yet. So I just got the very first set of bars and clamps for the new 450R. He said they weren't really ready yet because he was haveinging 450R engraved in them and mine doesn't have it yet. But I didn't care if it was in it or not so I just took them.

Wayne64SS
03-09-2004, 04:57 AM
dude thanks for the tip i almost bought that lasst night and figured id wait for one with a tach! Cant wait till they come out with a tach on em!

Towlieee
03-09-2004, 06:16 AM
Watch out for them tiny tachs..

I got one for my go cart, but ended up using on my friends 300ex.. However it shows double the rpm.. Not to mention theres about a 2-4 second delay between when it shows the real rpm...

Hour meter on it works great tho.. Just wish the tach actually worked good

Wayne64SS
03-09-2004, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the tip I was looking at both the tiny tach and the Trail Tech but now I will def go with the Trail Tech!