PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi dunes?

milanoredej
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
I saw a thread on here the other day about a place somewhere in Mississippi that had mx tracks, dunes, drags, and alot of other stuff that was trying to expand and be open every day. I tried to search for it and can't find it. If someone could link me to that thread that would be great.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-21-2004, 11:21 PM
...Ditto :blah:

runnenwideopen
02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
I went with a few friends the other weekend. It is just west of wiggins Mississippi off of hwy 26. 250+ acres of nothing but sand dunes and water holes. Extreamly great place to ride. Far better than LA dunes by far. $20.00 per quad to ride per day. No glass and no swimming. The owners are ultra cool and appreciate all the business. Most people ride there on Sundays. They have a drag track (SAND) and it is really cool. I will try and find the number so you can call.

quailbuster
02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
There is a place in Sicily Island, LA that sounds like what you're talking about. Its Catahoula Recreation Area. It pretty cool if you're into sand drags. There are a few trails and a creek that you might be able to run a 4X4 in. The best part is the big hill at the front. Good for a day trip, not much more. Check them out at http://www.atvdirtbikerecreation.com/

JJONES660
03-23-2006, 10:21 AM
any numbers or addressess on the location of these dunes in wiggins? apparently im less than half hour from them...I LIVE off of hwy 26!

thanks
jason

CHEVYZ
03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Does anyone have any kind of site or extra info on the place? Sounds like my next trip. :D

250-R-250
03-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Does anyone have any kind of site or extra info on the place? Sounds like my next trip. :D

Ditto

JJONES660
03-23-2006, 10:30 PM
i was actually there today!

at least i found it with some rough directions...ive got a phone number somewhere...apparently its only open to riding on the weekends...but nevertheless its sand...

its not exactly dunes like im used to out west but it appears to be a good time for a day trip...
there is a store 9 miles east of I59...its on highway 26...take 26 east from 59 and at about 9 miles youll see a general store on the right side...make a right shortly after that and take that rode for a long ways!...i didnt get to clock it but stay on the main rode for a ways until you come to a stop sign...at this point i believe youve come to OLD MS 26...at least that is what my GPS said it was....you turn left and go a ways until you see a tree farm of sort with a long white fence...at the end of the tree farm i believe the road either bent on its own to the right or i turned right...dont remember i followed somebody... but your real close when you vear to the right...another few hundred feet down that road and you will see a sign on the left on the ground...small white sign that says sand something rather on it...there are phone numbers etc...the firechief i spoke too showed me the way and said that it was $20 a day on sat and sunday and that you put the money in the little white shack lookin thing on the left when you come in....i would guess you dont need paddles from what i saw...however if you wanna get in on the drags then youll want paddles....the sand is nice....and theres a decent bit of it...two groomed drag lanes...i cant wait till i get my paddels mailed down here....but for this weekend i think im gonna hit it up with the razrs just to go enjoy the day!...its been 3 months since ive been riding

jason

bayou boy
03-25-2006, 05:46 AM
that sounds like the place we went to last year...i know it closed after katrina...hopefully it is open again it was a nice place....they had a site www.sandatv.com

runnenwideopen
03-25-2006, 08:38 AM
It is open. I have been there in the past three months. The owner lives on the road right before you get to the pit. His name is John Diamond. There are normally more people in the pit on Sundays than Sat. It is $20.00 per atv Open at 9am sat and sun till ... No swimming and no glass bottles. Go to the Cement farm next to the pit to sign waver and pay $20.00.. I'll give a contact number in a bit. It is in my truck and I just woke up.

SatisTraction
12-09-2006, 11:58 AM
does anyone have a number or name for this place?

scuzz
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Shame on me for bumping this old thread, but I'll be there the week of Christmas and was wondering if anyone might be heading out there?

601-528-4284/601-928-8776

http://www.sandhillatv.com/

Joshbeasley
12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
some friends of mine have been down there and said it is fun. i live by paul b. johnson state park so i am not that far from it. i might get to go this weekend. i might hit some trails up too.
rock hill mx track is supposely opening back up soon, and rattlesnake bay will be open in january.
if anyones gets out this way give me a call 601-596-2883. i am about always up for a ride.

scuzz
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Going riding to Sand hill ATV some time next week. Friday maybe. I'll post here.

Joshbeasley
12-19-2008, 11:08 AM
i am not going to be able to go this weekend. i should be able to go next saturday. the pictures look like it might be a ok place to ride. i want to see if it compares to the other spot we found. are they open for riding next friday?

bayou boy
12-19-2008, 08:09 PM
may want to call to check usually just open weekends. the guy is pretty cool though he may open it. usually sundays are the best days there

slowleak
12-27-2008, 09:17 PM
i just got back from there. it was my first time and i rode without paddles, but it was awesome! the owners are cool as hell.

they will open at any time if you rent either a cabin or a rv spot, otherwise they are only opened fri sat sun.

as soon as my paddles jet kit and timing key come in im going back out there

scuzz
12-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Postwhoring my last trip out there:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mh8d-pd373w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mh8d-pd373w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

smr
01-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Postwhoring my last trip out there:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mh8d-pd373w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mh8d-pd373w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can't believe there is still people stupid enough to ride without helmets.

scuzz
01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by smr
I can't believe there is still people stupid enough to ride without helmets.

It's very common out there, and normally I do, I just didn't that time.

Count the helmets on the site:

http://www.sandhillatv.com

It's sad.

Like I said, I normally wear it:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/TRX700XX/100_7406.jpg

smr
01-05-2009, 10:35 AM
good to see you have one but you should really think twice about posting a video like that for kids and all the anti ATV groups to see.

scuzz
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
There are worse things for the kids to see on the Internet, and as far as the ani-atv groups are concerned, they can form a line to the left and wait to jump up my ***.

I was riding in a private park where helmets are not required in a state where helmets are not required for ATV's.

If they want to attack someone or something they can start off with what I mentioned before and then go to the state level. You don't even need a helmet to ride a motorcycle on the highway in Texas. You do in Louisiana and Mississippi though, but not while on an ATV.

Should people where helmet's? Yes.

Is it an important life safety device? Of course.

Move on.

Joshbeasley
01-05-2009, 02:19 PM
does this place have alot of good jumps? doesnt look that great from there photos. i have a secret spot that looks alot funner. i am going to get my four wheeler trailer this saturday so i can haul mine and my girlfriends now. thought about hitting it up.

scuzz
01-05-2009, 03:06 PM
There's a bunch of jumps, but it's mostly what you make of them. If you're thinking of some larger dunes with razobacks and whatnot you'll be disappointed. It's like a VERY large sand pit to play in.

bayou boy
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
big group going to sand hill this saturday

scuzz
01-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Check out the back climb on the large hill in the back, I made that. I'm sure after three weeks it's less of a climb and more of a road.

Also check out the climbs in the "section 4" swamp area that I made. You'll see some steep climbs through some trees.

Tell Jeff I said "hi" (Gary).

scuzz
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Gonna be heading there March 14th through the 23rd. (I'll be there visiting folks in the area, I won't be riding there that whole time)

Sand Hill ATV rocks!

scuzz
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Bump for the Mississippi folks...

Joshbeasley
03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
if you got time you will have to check out the sand pit we ride in. it is towards hattiesburg. i still havent been to sand hill. looking at going this weekend. got two sets of paddles i need to try out.

scuzz
03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I wish I still lived in Mississippi!