PDA

View Full Version : 400EX or other

03-05-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm looking at buying a 400EX but I don't no how they go in the dunes. I live in Coos Bay and I would like a quad that will keep up with my friends raptors. But I will need it to perform good in the woods because I will be moving to Washington in a Year or so.
But I also feel like if I buy a 400EX, Honda will come out with there new quad two months later and that would suck! The problem is what ever quad I buy, I will end up putting around $10,000 in it. Please help! GREAT SITE!

THANKS!

WyoDuner
03-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Well, if you have $10 grand to spend like you say then it doesn't really matter what you buy does it? With that much money you could make almost anything work the way you want.

rhandw69
03-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Wish i had 10gs to spend.
Not to be to partial here, but i have no problems with my ex in the sand. I wont jump on here and claim to have the fastest and that i can spank all the raptors, but i can go pretty much anyplace any other bike can go. In the woods, the ex will maneuver much easier and faster through the trails. True!!
I have just put a few mods on my bike and i can have fun all day long with whoever is on what. Besides unless you are actually on a drag strip in the sand or a comp hill,,,,you wont be too concerned about top speed anyways. I understand that we all want the fastest and getting left in the dust is definetly no fun. But i think with a few mods to the EX, you will be more than surprissed at how you run with the others. Or how they may run with you!! The Raptors are fast, that much is true,,,so are the Banshees, and so is anything else you dump money into it.
Good luck.

JOEX
03-06-2002, 09:39 PM
I'm fairly new to the quad scene (about 9 months) but I have read ALOT both before and since then and I have an open mind about different brands.

From what I have read it seems that some models have their strengths in certain areas i.e. Banshees, ds650's are the best in the dunes, the 250r is the best on the mx track, Raptor at top speed etc. The 400ex does all of these very well and can be easily modded to excel at any.

There is also the Cannondale and Suzuki z400 to consider, which have yet to prove themselves.

And like WyoDuner said, if you have $10K to spend it really doesn't matter what you buy. But Honda has the reliability behind it and large selection of parts available.

Whatever you buy, there will always be something better coming out around the corner.

Good luck

Joe