PDA

View Full Version : Ques?

PArider13
03-08-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm looking at a 2000 Honda 400ex. All of my friends are telling me not to get one cause they are slow. Can you guys give me a list of parts that I can get to show them that the 400ex isnt slow. and to show them that there wrong. Thanks PArider13

Honda4trax250x
03-08-2004, 08:08 PM
no offense but ur friends are idiots, a 400ex is not slow, go buy one, and be very happy beating their crappy quads

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Although I kid rider11x about his 400ex felling like a garden tractor compared to my Raptor, they aren't that slow and handle real well. He put a CT pipe on his, and said it made a big difference. My Raptor has lots of power, but would probably take the 400 over it because of the superior handling. Now my LT is a different story... ;)

PArider13
03-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah some people tell me there mean as hell. but the people that have 2-strokes and that race them say "Oh man i can smoke them like nothing". Well i just want something to trail ride on, and that i can open up and just rip. Do you guys know of any mods that will boost hp and better my top and bottom end?

Gillbilly
03-08-2004, 08:53 PM
I have a 2000ex and can keep up pretty well with most quads I run up against.I run a DMC 2k exhaust,jetted and a k&n filter everything else is stock.I think a big plus is regular maint.,most people dont keep up on little things and put to much into mods.

Cal440exRider
03-08-2004, 10:28 PM
I have a 2000ex and can keep up pretty well with most quads I run up against
2000ex??? :eek2: Man you must be able to keep up. hahahaha

PArider13
03-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Can someone give me a list of parts that will better increase my hp. and give me more bottom and mid-range power. thanks

wilkin250r
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
A big-bore kit helps, as well as a high-compression piston. If you go too high on the compression, you can't run pump gas and you'll be stuck buying race gas.

An aftermarket pipe should probably be your first modification, followed with a big bore and high-compression piston. If you are looking for bottom and mid-range power, the stock camshaft is probably ok, but if you have the cash you can get an aftermarket camshaft at the same time as the big-bore/piston kit.

Research the camshaft carefully, because the peak horsepower "Racing" cam will indeed give you the most power, but it has terrible low-end performance. Make sure to get a cam that is designed for your specific riding style.

As for brand names, just pick your flavor.