PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Farse???????

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I just got this email & have heard before that there were some like this going around that were just tryin to get your Ebay info what do you think???

eBay Notification

Dear sandvig4@juno.com eBay User,

After fraud complaints from the eBay members, the eBay Inc. had developed a security program against the fraudulend attempts of accounts thefts. For that we have to securise all the members informations by updating and checking the registrated informations. Please update your information by completing the form so we can check your account validity and your identity :

Update eBay Account Information
Enter Your Checking Account Information

eBay Email Address
eBay Email Password
eBay User ID
eBay Password

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Regards,Safeharbor Department

eBay, Inc.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Ralph
03-08-2004, 07:32 PM
dont do it its a scam

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
dont do it its a scam

Thats what I was thinking!!! thanks;)

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Thats what I was thinking!!! thanks;)

yeah Kym, it's a scam. these bastids have been sending these e-mails out for awhile. They get your info, create another account and put a YFZ on ebay for sale for $3,000... :mad:

MOFO
03-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Yep, everyone is correct... its a scam.

you'll never receive e-mails saying you should fill out/update a form with your password and user ID for ANY service on the internet...not just ebay.

HondaMan222
03-08-2004, 09:38 PM
ya it is, they sent us one and it was a virus, and we had to dump the whole computer and start over

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan222
ya it is, they sent us one and it was a virus, and we had to dump the whole computer and start over

:eek: :mad: THAT SUCKS!!!!

I pretty much figured it was I had seen something like that before in one of the forums damn people can't they find anything better to do!!!!!:grr:

Cal440exRider
03-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah I would probably say it is a fake email.
Here is some info from eBay to find out if it is or not.
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial/

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-08-2004, 10:25 PM
delete it and if it is ebay with some serious news they will get a-hold of you

HondaMan222
03-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
can't they find anything better to do!!!!!:grr:

no, there just jealous, beacuse they probley don't ride. we were playing with a scamer that had a DS on e-bay for a buy in now of $3000 (brand new) and asked him to tell us that he is a real person, and "e-bay" sent us a letter saying he was, so turned around and forward it to e-bay, with in 5 min. they wote back saying we did not send thism i mean the guy put a lot of work in make ing that letter with all the ebay logos and links. plus if you find a buy in now that is a new one and it seems to good to be true, it probley is

Disaster
03-08-2004, 11:33 PM
The bad part is all this is only going to get worse I think ebay is trying to stop it but nothing seems to be working....