PDA

View Full Version : Sad songs...

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 07:26 PM
I was burning some CDs... Evanescence "My Immortal" has to be one of the saddest songs I've heard in awhile... :( I put in Godsmack CD Faceless to pick me back up! Anyone else have songs they find to be sad? The Staind CD, Break The Cycle, while I really like it, can be very depressing...

Bad Habit
03-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Not really sad, but I think "F Her Gently" by Tenacious D is a really heart-felt, sensative song.

:devil:

Guy400
03-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Eric Clapton- "Tears in Heaven"
Nazareth- "Love Hurts"
REM- "Everybody Hurts"
The Verve Pipe- "The Freshman"
Radiohead- "Creep"

...and in my estimation, the saddest song ever is Mazzy Star's "Fade into You".

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I was burning some CDs... Evanescence "My Immortal" has to be one of the saddest songs I've heard in awhile... :( I put in Godsmack CD Faceless to pick me back up! Anyone else have songs they find to be sad? The Staind CD, Break The Cycle, while I really like it, can be very depressing...

OMG I must be getting OLD OLD OLD i THINK I've HEARD of God Smack but thats about it, hmmmm maybe I better start leaving the computer alone & start listening to some music besides country & classic rock LMAO!!!

250EXking
03-08-2004, 07:38 PM
hold on- by good charolette

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OMG I must be getting OLD OLD OLD i THINK I've HEARD of God Smack but thats about it, hmmmm maybe I better start leaving the computer alone & start listening to some music besides country & classic rock LMAO!!!

hey, I'm older than you! I think racing against young kids keeps me young and with the latest music. But I still hate rap!! :grr:

And guy400, I forgot about Clapton's Tears in Heaven... very sad. Didn't he write that in honor of his kid that died? Hate hearing about bad things with kids. A buddy at work, his 5 year old grand daughter, looks like she has bone cancer... :(

outacontrol31
03-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Man this is depressing:( , i won my race last weekend:D there thats a bit better

roostin_dale
03-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking

I agree with that

and "F**K IT" by Eamon

blondie69
03-08-2004, 07:52 PM

Totally agree. I don't like good charlotte...but the lyrics get to me in that song, as well with
"Perfect" - Simple Plan
Don't like them either, but again..they lyrics get to me
1st time I heard both of em...I cried:confused: :(
*turns on perfect on stereo* *sniff sniff* ....:(

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol31
Man this is depressing:( , i won my race last weekend:D there thats a bit better

Congrats! you're right, that's better! ;) I think I'll put in a CD I have with Robin Williams doing an impersonation of Donald Duck getting a bj... :eek2:

tricky17
03-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Pearl Jam- Black

TheX1992
03-08-2004, 08:04 PM
shinedown - 45

not really a sad song but its about their friend that killed himself. hence 'starin down the barrel of a 45'

cheetah
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
I don't like anything else he sings, but "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard.

blondie69
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
I don't like anything else he sings, but "Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard.

Doesn't "The Who" have the orignal copyrights to that song? Limp Bizkit jus did a cover of it? I'm not sure. But either/or, I still like the song:) ...Easy chit on guitar, learned it fast;) :rolleyes:

lil400exman
03-08-2004, 08:22 PM
um eric clapton the levy is dry........thats a sad song also the song by sublime about cops and miami riots........also remember by disturbed most of crannberries song are too!:(

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Garth Brooks - The Dance
Good Charlotte - Hold On
New Evanessence
Edwin McCain - I'll Be

Songs to lift you up after breaking up with a girl

Eamon - F**k it
Anything with a hard beat to it .

SGA
03-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Man, this threads about toget me down!
Whats that song about shes a fly, and he pulls off her wings, and kills himself when the police come?
Is the name of the song "The Fly"?

JOEX
03-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Sheryl Crow: The First Cut Is The Deepest :(

Tommy 17
03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
the all time worst sad song... the one u hear at every funeral....

GARTH BROOKS - THE DANCE!!!!

another song is diamond rio - what might have been

03-08-2004, 08:55 PM
blink-182-adams song
i may not listen to them now but i used to like them and its sorta good song to reflect on

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Man, this threads about toget me down!
Whats that song about shes a fly, and he pulls off her wings, and kills himself when the police come?
Is the name of the song "The Fly"?

I feel bad now for starting this thread! I promise tomorrow, I'll start of thread of the happiest songs! ;)

SGA
03-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I feel bad now for starting this thread! I promise tomorrow, I'll start of thread of the happiest songs! ;)
Thats all right, I was kidding.
Remember, you have to feel sadness to know what happiness is about.

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SGA
.....Remember, you have to feel sadness to know what happiness is about.
Very true, but sometimes when you're in the deep wallows of sadness it is difficult to find happiness.

PHIL_B54
03-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Thats all right, I was kidding.
Remember, you have to feel sadness to know what happiness is about.

hey, you stole that from southpark

butters says something like....if i feel this bad now it lets me know that i must have felt real good before, and i will again.

wallflowers - one headlight
pearljam - nothing man
pearljam - betterman
johnny cash - hurt

SGA
03-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
hey, you stole that from southpark
I knew that before southpark even came on TV.

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:43 PM
OH CHIT!
Guess what song came on when I just clicked on this thread again:eek2:

EERIE:eek2:

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Hmmm, I sense a mojo is upon you.:D
Can't go anywhere but up;)

SGA
03-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
OH CHIT!
Guess what song came on when I just clicked on this thread again:eek2:

EERIE:eek2:
Whats that noise! Twilite Zone music?:eek2:

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:51 PM
HEY! Where'd da MOJO Go?

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm phrequen' now!:eek2:

SGA
03-08-2004, 09:54 PM
HEY! Where'd da MOJO Go?
I deleted by mistake:(
Oh well, At least we have Twilite Zone music left. something needs to drown out the voices.:D

JOEX
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
SGA:

Satan
Gone
Awry

:eek2: :devil: :blah:

Narly R
03-08-2004, 09:56 PM
*cough cough postwhore cough cough* j/k Joe j/k!;) :blah:

I feel like ridding to get HAPPY now!:) I dont really listen to sad music, cause it makes me depressed, and I am sad enough a sit is. But I have herd some sad songs, but have no idea who they were. :confused:

I think i have herd some of the ones people listen though...

Toadz400
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
johnny cash - hurt

the song Hurt that Johnny Cash did is originally by NIN, that has to be one of the best songs ever, I like it better by NIN since it's at a slower, more sad pace...

As soon as I clicked on this thread, The Verve Pipe - Freshman started playing...that was kinda weird:huh

A lot of these songs you people have listed I've heard and are pretty damn sad, the sad thing is I can relate to a lot of sad songs, especially Hurt and Hold On.

SGA
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Thems fighting words buddy:mad:

JOEX
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM
LOL! Thanks SGA:) ;)

Narly R
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Does anyone REALLY wanna ride after they listen to a good song? I mean i listen to that, and I WANNA ride, and get all pumped up, and its like I can acually get better at ridding after thinking about it soo much....:huh Its helps though.:cool:

SGA
03-08-2004, 10:12 PM
LOL! Thanks SGA:) ;)
Anytime JOEX;)

Sorry to get off topic here, back to the thread.
I learned never- ever listen to sad country songs when you're heartbroken. Them songs will take your heart, throw it on the floor and stomp that sucker flat.
Course they also make you want to drown your sorrows in beer, I guess that aint to bad of a thing.:macho

Michael18
03-08-2004, 10:45 PM
The song that Pearl Jam remade i think it is called last kiss. i wouldnt swear that is what it is called but it is a real sad song.

Chef
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Destiny's Child-Brown Eyes.......I can't even listen to the beginning notes of that song...but theres kind of a meaning to that song to me. :(

Max400
03-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Led Zeppelin "All of My Love" it's about his son that died:(

#2 is Mott the Hoople "rest in peace"

LazeR
03-09-2004, 01:13 AM
The song by pearl jam - the last kiss if that is the song i am thinking of, its the one where he talks about his daughter dieing ? that is a very sad song :(

blondie69
03-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
the all time worst sad song... the one u hear at every funeral....

GARTH BROOKS - THE DANCE!!!!

another song is diamond rio - what might have been

oh oh oh...Tommy, u made me think of another song...I saw the video and watched it & I got all teary eyed! (it's country...extremely rare to see me switchin threw the t.v stations and for me to stop at CMT, country music television) but "I Believe" - Diamond Rio.
Their like the only country band I don't mind.

ny300exrider
03-09-2004, 04:53 AM
yea man that evanescance song kills me for some reason lol

Atreyu
03-09-2004, 05:15 AM

That's the most pathetic song in the world. I hate good charlotte.

LTandRaptorider
03-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Can't go anywhere but up;)

Just when I think that, I find a new low... :(

But remember... what goes down, must come up! :D

I always wondered what SGA stood for... :eek2:

Bobbs07
03-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu
That's the most pathetic song in the world. I hate good charlotte.

I just downloaded it, i dont like it at all.

Someone said behind blue eyes by limp bizkit. That song is awesome. I used to listen to it 24/7. I dont think that song is sad, it gets me pumped. And i used to listen to alot of staind.

PHIL_B54
03-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
The song by pearl jam - the last kiss if that is the song i am thinking of, its the one where he talks about his daughter dieing ? that is a very sad song :(

i thought it was his girlfriend... forgot that one. that one kills me. i have had dreams twice that were just like that song, i woke up all messed up.

03-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Devil went down in Georgia....:(

Pappy
03-09-2004, 09:03 AM
why in the world would you self toture yourself by listening to slow..sappy cry me the friggon blues songs:eek2:

if your feeling blue, throw on some iron maiden....crack open a bottle and feel bad the american redneck way:devil:

Samson
03-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello Walls - Willie Nelson

Hello walls, (Hello, hello.)How'd things go for you today?Don't you miss her.Since she up and walked away?And I'll bet you dread to spend another lonely night with me,But lonely walls, I'll keep you company.

Hello window, (Hello, hello.)Well, I see that you're still here.Aren't you lonely,Since our darlin disappeared? Well look here, is that a teardrop in the corner of your pane?Now don't you try to tell me that's it's rain.

She went away and left us all alone the way she planned.Guess we'll have to learn to get along without her if we can.

Hello ceiling, (Hello, hello.) I'm gonna stare at you a while.You know I can't sleep,So won't you bear with me a while? We gotta all stick together or else I'll lose my mind. I gotta feelin' she'll be gone a long, long time.

:( :( :( :( :( :p

Doibugu2
03-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Devil went down in Georgia....:(

That's one of my favorite songs. I only have 1 country cd and its some greatest hits which has that song on it.:D

bradley300
03-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by blondie69
Doesn't "The Who" have the orignal copyrights to that song? Limp Bizkit jus did a cover of it? I'm not sure. But either/or, I still like the song:) ...Easy chit on guitar, learned it fast;) :rolleyes:

yes, the no talent hack that isnt smart enuff to come up with anymore original material past his 2nd album coverd "behind blue eyes"

well, audioslave's "i am the highway" just came on, i think that one counts in this thread

the saddest most depressing song i have ever heard is "wish i felt nothing" by the wallflowers on the bringing down the horse album.

Lynrd Skynrds "write it in a song" is also sad

SGA
03-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
why in the world would you self toture yourself by listening to slow..sappy cry me the friggon blues songs:eek2:

if your feeling blue, throw on some iron maiden....crack open a bottle and feel bad the american redneck way:devil:
I agree Kenny, I dont have time for tearjerker movies or songs.

black box films
03-09-2004, 09:50 AM
The Acoustic version of "Down In a Hole" that Alice in Chains did on MTV Unplugged has to be one of the saddest songs I've ever heared. It's also one of Layne Staley's greatest preformances before he died.

-Bo

Quad18star
03-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Ive seen the Video to the song by Diamond Rio .... pretty good video . The Nickelback Video - Someday is pretty good at telling a story .

LTandRaptorider
03-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

I like to experience the full range of emotions... wear my heart on my sleeve... bang my head against the wall... I stop if there's a turtle crossing the road, risking life and limb to get it to safety... But don't worry, many a bottle are cracked open while doing all this! :D :devil:

Quad18star
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
They played Garth Brooks - The Dance at one of my friends funeral ... I swear there wasn't one dry eye out of all the 300 people that were there. Probably the time I fell in love with this song .

At another friends funeral they played Garth Brooks - Friends In Lower Places . That was another very touching song .

I can't really stand country music , but Garth Brooks has to be one of the most talented musicians out there .

03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by black box films
The Acoustic version of "Down In a Hole" that Alice in Chains did on MTV Unplugged has to be one of the saddest songs I've ever heared. It's also one of Layne Staley's greatest preformances before he died.

-Bo

that entire album is bad fugggin ***..

400exrider555
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
the ground folds acoustic--by senses fail

xr50layke
03-09-2004, 12:08 PM

good song, behind blue eyes by limp bizkit, murda murda murda by 2pac

250exGrrl
03-09-2004, 12:28 PM
AIC - "nutshell" ... my personal fav, and Lynard Skynard - "I need you"

javan
03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Bother - Stone sour
one of my favorites is, Rest in Pieces - Saliva

Tommy 17
03-09-2004, 01:13 PM
trapt - stories...

damn good song

cheetah
03-09-2004, 01:30 PM
It's country, but Brooks and Dunn "The Long Goodbye" always made me sad. Keith Urban's new song is pretty sad too. It's you'll think of me or something like that.