PDA

View Full Version : ahhhh...

rider250ex
03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
well tonight i finally got to looking at my 250r after it broke again. i bought it a little while ago and about 15 minutes into my first ride the clutch went and a key pin shattered...well i brought it back to the guy and he was real nice and fixxed it for me...so i took it out riding again and about 10 mins into that ride i went through some whoops in 4th and the tie rod end came lose adn fell out so i went ova the bars in 4th...i got a new bolt for that in and 10 mins i was back out riding. well about 2 hours later oil started spilling from my motor so i looked at it and the base gasket was ripped to shreads...so i ordered one and had some trouble gettin it but i finally got it and went to go put it in tonight when i noticed something odd....a bolt must have came lose inside the engine and shot into the case because there is the head of a bolt and a hex head hole through my case right below where it says oil check and right about the check bolt...its about a 14mm bolt...:mad: :mad: :mad: ahhh...this quad is startin to PI$$ me off....

rider250ex
03-08-2004, 08:03 PM
anyone have any cases for sale?

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by rider250ex
anyone have any cases for sale?

Dayum dude, you're having some bad luck! Check over at ebay for R parts.

SGA
03-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Just starting to piss you off??

rider250ex
03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
lol. ya im a lil passed pissed off. but its all part of riding. and by they way i jsut looked at it again...its right above where it says oil check...gotta stip it down tomorrow and see what it needs :grr:

lil400exman
03-09-2004, 08:15 AM
the bolt coming loose on the right side is common. Sometimes if you want to fix it til you find a nice set of cases use some JB-weld on there. I have learned that on the bolt coming through the case you need to put red-loctite on and torque er down! sorry to hear about your problems. While shes apart though look and see if anything else is worn etc. cause after 16 years of abuse something is bound to give out. So check it out and smash the gas. also come over to if you want to know anythung about the R i mean anything just post it or search it man!:devil: BTW welcome to the R club! the best ATV on the planet and ever made!:macho