PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise

Pro400
03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I have had my 400ex for almost 6 weeks now and today i went to ride with some of my friend and my 400 wouldnt start the lighs worked but a small round box by the battery made and anoying clicking noise when i push started it started and ran good i am going to the Honda dealer tommaro do you have any suggestions

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
when you hit the button is made like a zzzzzzz noise right.It is like a little round cylinder and if you touched it you would feel it vibrate?well if that is it all you got is a dead battery..had the same problem

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 07:00 PM
i cant believe u asked that, ive never heard any1 say something that rediculous, y in the world do u have a quad when u dont even know how it works, what u hear is it proly goes like this............. Rarrr.. rrraaarrr.......rrraaar.... CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLIKCY CLICKY clink, your battery is dead, just charge it and your fine, DONT GO TO THE DEALERS AND TELL THEM THIS CAUSE ULL MAKE YOUR SELF SOUND LIKE A DUMB BUTT, save yourself a lot of trouble and just charge it, if u dont have a charger, the push start it and let it run for a good 30 minutes and it will be fine.

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by duncanracing400
i cant believe u asked that, ive never heard any1 say something that rediculous, y in the world do u have a quad when u dont even know how it works, what u hear is it proly goes like this............. Rarrr.. rrraaarrr.......rrraaar.... CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY CLIKCY CLICKY clink, your battery is dead, just charge it and your fine, DONT GO TO THE DEALERS AND TELL THEM THIS CAUSE ULL MAKE YOUR SELF SOUND LIKE A DUMB BUTT, save yourself a lot of trouble and just charge it, if u dont have a charger, the push start it and let it run for a good 30 minutes and it will be fine.

:eek2: chillout bro,maybe he bought that quad used and really didn't know alot about that....he is a ameatuer(sp)idk if he is though...but he never expierenced that before and just wanted to know what is was chillout....:o

03-08-2004, 07:07 PM
jeez bro calm. Before charging go out to ur quad and check the battery connections. Wiggle them and see if that helps. Put it in neutral and try to start it while messin with the cables.

Pro400
03-08-2004, 07:12 PM
First of all ducanracing400 I ask the question hear because i wanted a second opion of what thought was aready wrong i dont like smart ***** like you dont treat people whith respect who just bought the four wheeler and are still learing how to fix it. people like you should not be on this web site. Just rember you were a beginer once to jerk. thank you other members who can not be an ***** about every little thing, thanx

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Pro400
First of all ducanracing400 I ask the question hear because i wanted a second opion of what thought was aready wrong i dont like smart ***** like you dont treat people whith respect who just bought the four wheeler and are still learing how to fix it. people like you should not be on this web site. Just rember you were a beginer once to jerk. thank you other members who can not be an ***** about every little thing, thanx

coughMEcough:D ...lol j/k just charge your battery and after you charge it and if you can remeber just take the negative wire off the battery so it won't drain it out as much....i have to do that now and it get annoying but its either that or can't ride cause your battery is charging

If you need any other help shoot me a PM ill see what i can do bro....

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 07:23 PM
my bad man, but every thing just sounded weird, i just didnt know y u didnt know that because u have 2002 400ex
Procircut exhaust
fcr carb
elka triple rates front
rear stock shock revalved by elka
razors all around
yellow powder coated frame
tag t2 handle bars
and i just thought u knew a lot, im sorry, u have more on yours then mine, so i was confused, my bad bro, your right, im sorry

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by duncanracing400
my bad man, but every thing just sounded weird, i just didnt know y u didnt know that because u have 2002 400ex
Procircut exhaust
fcr carb
elka triple rates front
rear stock shock revalved by elka
razors all around
yellow powder coated frame
tag t2 handle bars
and i just thought u knew a lot, im sorry, u have more on yours then mine, so i was confused, my bad bro, your right, im sorry

:)

03-08-2004, 07:30 PM
this is funny.:blah:

Pro400
03-08-2004, 07:51 PM
No prob Duncanracing400 i bought the fourwheeler with all the aftermarket stuff on it i just dont like people being stuped for no reson. thanks evey one

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 08:06 PM
haha, ok, this is goin to sound dumb, but, are u goin to take it up there tommorow to make sure that is what it is, or have u already got it fixed?

Pro400
03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
no, man i was going to get oil and an filter and new grips thats all i just wanted to know if i needed to get any thing else wal i was there.

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
not that i can think of cause ur a lucky mofo with them elka's, but when u get them grips DONT FORGET THE GRIP GLUE lol, what do u mean anything else? depends what and how big ur dealer is. but pm if u cant think of any thing else because THERES ALWAYS little things u can find and get for ur quad

03-08-2004, 08:38 PM
screw that grip glue use just a little bit and wire those puppies on there they aint goin no where.

Pro400
03-08-2004, 08:40 PM
i will probbly just wire them on i hate when the grips fall off.

jrobbie4499
03-09-2004, 03:52 AM
exactly how do you wire your grips on? I don't understand this process.

Pro400
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
All you need to do to wire grips on is get thin wire and make a lope aroud the grip close to the inside of the grip grap the two ends of the wire and twist the ends with pliers and cut off the axcess. thats it and if you do this you grips will not fall off