PDA

View Full Version : how wonderful wb is....

hondarider2006
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Well tonight I was tightening up the nets on my nerf bars, and happend to look over and see TWO more cracks in my wb pipe....The cracks are that "new" supporting bracket they put on there. IMO wb products are cheap...and I won't reccomend them to anyone anymore. I know just about everyone and their brother has a wb e-series....and if you are considering buying one, stay away from it. If you are looking for one..and want it cheap, $190 shipped and you can have mine. I'll get the cracks welded, so its all good. The pipe is like 8(maybe) months old, and I don't see why in the hell its cracks so much. All I know is that I want to get rid of this pethetic thing, and get an HMF.

JOEX
03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
I know you've had alot of problems with your silencer, maybe you got a lemon? I haven't had any problems with mine that I didn't cause;)

chrisc
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I have had mine over a year and it still is in great shape and I am very very happy with it and the hp gains. i would buy another one, tomorrow!!!!!

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
damn again...lol man you told me you had so many problems with that thing....lol and another two cracks in it...you prob got a lemon

northeast400
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Just get the HMF and be done with it:macho

250EXpwns
03-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Well my friend's wb e-series had a big hole in it but that's from dragging on a wheelie. lmao:D

250rider
03-08-2004, 08:03 PM
i have had my white bro e series for over 2 years now and i bought it used off someone who had it for 4 years, the things looks brand new, i put all new rivets in it and it still is in great shape, no cracks or nothing, i like white brother products and see nothing wrong with them. i think that u just have a lemon, sorry to hear about it.

redroost85
03-08-2004, 09:01 PM
It's just my humble opinion, but I think WB products are way overrated. I know how popular they are and that everyone and their mother has an E series or an R-4.....but me I'm just not seeing it. hondarider's case is just one small example of this I think. I stay away from WB like I stay away from DG. But, who knows I could be wrong.;)

03-08-2004, 09:10 PM
My entire weld came off my WB slip on. The kid down the street put a triple weld on it and it has held for several months now. I have heard a lot of stories about broken welds. Even WB started putting gussets on their pipes. What more evidence do you need? Of course they have weld problems!:eek2:

hondarider2006
03-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by golfman400ex
My entire weld came off my WB slip on. The kid down the street put a triple weld on it and it has held for several months now. I have heard a lot of stories about broken welds. Even WB started putting gussets on their pipes. What more evidence do you need? Of course they have weld problems!:eek2:

Yeah and them gussets don't do **** eaither...I have the new version of this pipe, and its not any better than the old one. I wish I would have knowen about this site before I purchased it for $290 from my dealer:eek2: Hey I guess live and learn...we all make mistakes and I know this is one that I have made. My friend down the road has the e-series and I loved the way it sounded, and the way his bike ran, so when I got my 400 I wanted one sooo bad, now I want to sell it soooo bad. Maybe cold weather has somthing to do with it:huh All I know is that I will never buy another one...I must have got a lemon, b/c this thing has cracked like crazy:(

03-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Take heart hondarider, ride the crap out of your bike and beat that pipe to death. Weld it until it won't weld any more. Then go out and buy what ever pipe you want because it's not how many toys you have, it is how many you wear out!:macho

hondarider2006
03-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by golfman400ex
Take heart hondarider, ride the crap out of your bike and beat that pipe to death. Weld it until it won't weld any more. Then go out and buy what ever pipe you want because it's not how many toys you have, it is how many you wear out!:macho

I think I will take your advise:p

03-09-2004, 06:25 AM
I've been reading problems on WB silencers for 3 years now. I guess when you buy the most popular and fastest produced silencer your gonna have a few problems..

brandonpeake
03-09-2004, 07:35 AM
the thing that gets me is WB seems to make a nice powercurve and hp numbers from their pipes. but they sell crap the cdi box for example, but ive known alot of people with raptor pies and no problems and some 400ex slipons and no problems, have u contactd WB yet? i would and let them know about it , it would be best to call u might get a new pipe , that u could sell and get an HMF ?! its a thought

mustang
03-09-2004, 09:24 AM
you paid $260 :eek2: you got taken!

F-16Guy
03-09-2004, 09:26 AM
It's a fairly common problem with their e-series pipes (on the 400ex, anyway). If you take it to someone that's good with a mig welder and have them beef up the welds on the lower mount and around where the tailpipe meets the silencer body, you won't have any more problems. I also cut off the portion of solid upper mount that goes through the sub-frame with a hacksaw and reinstalled the rubber mount. It took a little tweaking, but now both mounts are rubber insulated. I have always felt that the solid, metal-to-metal top mount subjected the pipe to a lot more vibration. I wouldn't think that it would cost more than $25 to have the welds beefed up; that's much cheaper than a new pipe.

hondarider2006
03-09-2004, 11:07 AM
It has already been welded once....and its going to the welder again here soon. I found a guy that did it for free....but I am thinking about puting some more brackets on it. Yes I paid $290 for the pipe....Haven't bought anything from that crappy dealer sense...Like I said earlier, Live and learn......:(

airheadedduner
03-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I think it is only a problem with the s-bend. My pro meg has been beaten to death and none of the mounts are cracked. One is bent though. There is a tiny crack on the stinger next to the silencer, I don't count that as WB's fault though.

hondarider2006
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
For all of you who haven't seen this picture before....this is were my pipe cracked the fist time and has already been welded. Now it has 2 more cracks....one right in the middle support bracket, and another on the left bracket on the bottom.

A4StrokeGuy
03-09-2004, 11:50 AM
i had my WB e-series slip on for around 6 months and the stupid thing cracked right in half where the pipe goes into the silencer, WB wouldn't do ***** for me so i bought a real pipe, an LRD:)

hondarider2006
03-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy
i had my WB e-series slip on for around 6 months and the stupid thing cracked right in half where the pipe goes into the silencer, WB wouldn't do ***** for me so i bought a real pipe, an LRD:)

If I had the $, I would of had a real pipe a long time ago;)

chrisc
03-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I paid 175.00 with a jet kit new in the box

hondarider2006
03-09-2004, 12:15 PM
AK rates are much higher;)

muff
03-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy

make sure you keep the clamp between the header and muffler tight :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p789d482784dd1f51840029cbcc944ceb/fb0dbd3b.jpg

southwick sure can do some damage :eek2: the muffler busted off and then someone must have hit it
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p8419ffe8e302a223bcfb60c9a83e4ee2/fad5a8f1.jpg

JDiablo
03-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by muff
make sure you keep the clamp between the header and muffler tight :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p789d482784dd1f51840029cbcc944ceb/fb0dbd3b.jpg

southwick sure can do some damage :eek2: the muffler busted off and then someone must have hit it
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p8419ffe8e302a223bcfb60c9a83e4ee2/fad5a8f1.jpg

how are those supertrapp exhaust anyway i heard there practically the same as the big gun exhausts

muff
03-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
how are those supertrapp exhaust anyway i heard there practically the same as the big gun exhausts

the supertrapp I had was only a slip on, it had the internal discs so it was nothing like all of the big guns I have seen...the lrd is a lot more like the big gun I think