PDA

View Full Version : 300EX / 250X Snorkel ???

schism_rhs
03-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I was just wondering, because I think I might want one of these.

Can you get a Snorkel for a 300EX / 250X like the ones designed for going through some nice amounts of water...I'd like to either buy one (preferabley) or make one. Does anyone know how makes them or where I could find some info on Making one.

I was thinking of setting it up so that the hose would come out just right up by the handlebars because I don't usually go under water any deeper than that.

any help would be appreciated.

Nate's96 300ex
03-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Hey, I have a snorkle that I bought off a guy and its pretty trick lookin but i am not 100% sure how u hook it up but im pretty sure all u do is put the hose to the box over the stock snorkle hose then mount the thing wherever. The design is that there is a little aluminum box with 2 hoses one that goes over the stock snorkle and another that will be your new snorkle and u can take off the hoses to make it longer or shorter. If you want it let me know

03-05-2002, 09:41 PM
If you take a close look at your airbox you will see that there is not a true snorkle type air intake. The air box mounts to the frame and your airbox gets its fresh air through the frame. The opening is where the two frame rails meet where the steering stem attaches just under your gas tank. You have to look hard under your tank to see the opening. Looks to me it will be very hard to make an extension to get the fresh air intake any higher than it already is. Hope this helps.