PDA

View Full Version : DG xcelorater

400ex#18
03-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know how the DG xcelorater full exaust is? I used to have one 3 years ago, and only rode with it once before the quad was stolen. But how do they feel powerwize, or anything else?

400ex#18
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
anyone....???

Matt756
03-08-2004, 06:24 PM
i heard to stay away from DG

400ex#18
03-08-2004, 06:29 PM
but why? i know that their nerfs suck cause i have broke 3 pair of them, but what about threir exausts?

Matt756
03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
i heard the power gains arent that good and the quality sucks:confused:

hondarider2006
03-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Matt756
i heard the power gains arent that good and the quality sucks:confused:

Yup, I have heard the same things. I have only owned 1 dg product in my life, and it was a canister for my snowmachine. No power gains, just loud and lighter than stock.

400ex#18
03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
really? i didn't know about power gains, but i know that it looked pretty well made:confused: But then again that was 3 years ago, and i had it for a day! well i thinki might be getting one for a demo pipe to try out, and i will see how it is..

thanks for the input!

nikejoe
03-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I was going to get a DG pipe for my 400ex, mainly because I could get the full system for the price of anyone elses slip-on. Every time I talked about DG pipes I kept hearing bad things. I finally decided on a WB e-series slip-on and have been extremely happy with it. Just letting you know my experience. Several people bad mouthed DG pipes!!! I have their front bumper is all!!!:blah:

duncanracing400
03-08-2004, 07:17 PM
i have a wb pipe, and u said u got your quad stoll 3 years ago right? then u would know that pipes dont make that big of differance, just if u want it to sound pimp bro, if u want a real deep throaghty kinda sound, go for wb- it sounds better in low end, but if your goin to be screamin your quad and want a better top end sound, then go for big gun. and i would just buy the slip on. just w/e sound u want, wb =104db and bg=100db, but u just kinda have to do ur homework when finding out which pipe is best for u bro, and then u have to find a pipe that goes with your local decibal level 'if there is one' but if not, then just go all out and the only thing that is holding u back is money, but if money isnt a issue, then go all out. good luck bro

Cody_300ex
03-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Stay away from DG. my buddy had one and had little to no power gains. It was also covered in rust in about 4 months of trail riding. If it was me I would go witha HMF or Sparks.

400ex#18
03-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by duncanracing400
i have a wb pipe, and u said u got your quad stoll 3 years ago right? then u would know that pipes dont make that big of differance, just if u want it to sound pimp bro, if u want a real deep throaghty kinda sound, go for wb- it sounds better in low end, but if your goin to be screamin your quad and want a better top end sound, then go for big gun. and i would just buy the slip on. just w/e sound u want, wb =104db and bg=100db, but u just kinda have to do ur homework when finding out which pipe is best for u bro, and then u have to find a pipe that goes with your local decibal level 'if there is one' but if not, then just go all out and the only thing that is holding u back is money, but if money isnt a issue, then go all out. good luck bro

First off, i think you miss understood what i said. I asked how the pipe is? I really don't give 2 chits about sound. I wanted power. And as for what pipes the other person said, i have an HMF i just want something different. I am running a built motor, and it really can't have much more done. But oh yeah, and at the top of what you said, i got my pipe (dg xellorater), high comp. piston, axle shocks tires and rims, on this one day like 3 years ago, and i put them in/on, and went riding that day. the next day my quad was stolen. that is why i never got to know a difference in power compared to stock really.

gibson400ex
03-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 400ex#18
First off, i think you miss understood what i said. I asked how the pipe is? I really don't give 2 chits about sound. I wanted power. And as for what pipes the other person said, i have an HMF i just want something different. I am running a built motor, and it really can't have much more done. But oh yeah, and at the top of what you said, i got my pipe (dg xellorater), high comp. piston, axle shocks tires and rims, on this one day like 3 years ago, and i put them in/on, and went riding that day. the next day my quad was stolen. that is why i never got to know a difference in power compared to stock really.

i have heard also to stay away from DG.

Why not call up Robbs Racing, he now makes 4stroke and 2stroke atv pipe/silencer, i would go with his pipes/silencers, because he is only in New Hampshire

400ex#18
03-09-2004, 04:43 PM
i don't care where i am going to get it from. I just want to get something, and not HMF LRD WB. i want to get something i have not used before, and something that is not really used by many people

gibson400ex
03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 400ex#18
i don't care where i am going to get it from. I just want to get something, and not HMF LRD WB. i want to get something i have not used before, and something that is not really used by many people

i know i dont know more than 3 people who are going to use the Robbs Racing exhaust- all i know is a guy on a 450r so far.

400ex#18
03-09-2004, 05:42 PM
ok, thanks, but i really don't know about it.

rollie
03-09-2004, 05:45 PM
yeah me and two of my friends have DG nerfs and two out of the 3 of us have bent them!

next time im geting AC propegs!:D