PDA

View Full Version : The Day has Come !!!!!

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Well looks like I'm only a few days away from surgery . If everything goes as planned I'll be under the knife Wednesday morning at 9:30 AM . Doctor has my scheduled for 3 hours in the OR . :confused: They say its a pretty big operation and I'll end up being in the hospital for 6 to 9 days . I wont be able to work for about 6 weeks either . Guess I'm gunna have to bring a whole bunch of magazines and go through them all and pick out what parts I'm gunna throw on the quad . I'll prolly also be on here for most of the 6 weeks since I wont be able to do much . Wont be too bad , Only about 100 stitches up my stomach :macho . Anyways , just wanted to let ya guys know incase you might wonder where I'm at . Wish me luck .......

03-08-2004, 02:41 PM
good luck!

Toadz400
03-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I must've missed something, what are you having surgery for?:confused:

Hope everything goes well, get better soon:cool:

ReconRider25
03-08-2004, 04:45 PM
whats the surgery for? my dad had surgery on his knee before.....had to take out a piece of bone that was floating there since he was a kid and they had to grind off all these burrs on the bones. took him like 1/2 year to get walking right again.....good luck.:macho

Atreyu
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
whats the surgery for? my dad had surgery on his knee before.....had to take out a piece of bone that was floating there since he was a kid and they had to grind off all these burrs on the bones. took him like 1/2 year to get walking right again.....good luck.:macho

My girlfreind just had knee surgery like that..:( Quick recovery though.

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Good luck buddy. Let us know how you're doing when you can. ;)

MOFO
03-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I remember you posting about this before...

good luck and I hope all goes well!!!

Admin
03-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I will be praying for your speedy recovery:)

blondie69
03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow, hope u get well soon!

BTW, I'm gonna ask the same question as everyone else..why u goin under the knife?:confused:

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Wow, hope u get well soon!

BTW, I'm gonna ask the same question as everyone else..why u goin under the knife?:confused:

They have to remove part of his intestine, if I remember correctly.

TORO1968
03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I hope your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery!

Hey, you're gonna need to have your "as requested" super hot nurse rig up a DVD player in the hospital room so you can watch the whole Huevos series! :D

-Jordan

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
As LtandRaptorider said , I have to have my large intestine removed because of a previous run in with a stick that decided to go through me a couple years back . The doctors thought that they would only have to remove the section that had scar tissue , but last week I was called in and told that it is to my benefit that they remove all of the large intestine . I was feeling really good up until November this past year and i started getting cramping to a point where I couldn't get out of bed . This isn't a surgery that I'm thrilled about having as I usually like to try and keep all my organs :p but if it makes me feel better than I have been for the last few months , I'm all for it . Ill keep ya guys posted on how I'm doing once I get back and maybe post a picture of what over 100 stitches looks like . LOL :blah:

310Rduner
03-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
They have to remove part of his intestine, if I remember correctly.

:confused: I thought it was a sex change operation?:huh

:blah:

Seriously though, good luck with it man and get well soon. I'm sure by day 3 of recovery you'll have a laptop with wireless internet so you can hop on exr's.:macho

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
I hope your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery!

Hey, you're gonna need to have your "as requested" super hot nurse rig up a DVD player in the hospital room so you can watch the whole Huevos series! :D

-Jordan I'm working on that one . LOL . Funny thing is , the last time i was in the hospital for a month and I had this really hot nurse that had just came out of University and she hit on me and flirted with me all the time . When I left the hospital she cried and even gave me her phone number . Nothing like being 17 and having a 23 year old wanting you , even after she sees you at your worst . And trust me I was at my worst with just a few minutes to live . Damn branches ..... seems that your body doesn't like landing on them when it's comming down from about 15 feet up . One word to say how it felt ..... SHOCK !!!!

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
:confused: I thought it was a sex change operation?:huh

:blah:

Seriously though, good luck with it man and get well soon. I'm sure by day 3 of recovery you'll have a laptop with wireless internet so you can hop on exr's.:macho I asked the Doctor if he could take a couple inches off and lighten the load up a little bit ... told him that its hard on the arm when I have to go for a leak .... he advised me that if he were me , he wouldnt even think about it :devil:

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm working on that one . LOL . Funny thing is , the last time i was in the hospital for a month and I had this really hot nurse that had just came out of University and she hit on me and flirted with me all the time . When I left the hospital she cried and even gave me her phone number . Nothing like being 17 and having a 23 year old wanting you , even after she sees you at your worst . And trust me I was at my worst with just a few minutes to live . Damn branches ..... seems that your body doesn't like landing on them when it's comming down from about 15 feet up . One word to say how it felt ..... SHOCK !!!!

Well, don't keep us in suspense! How did it go with the hot nurse?? :p

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 06:26 PM
It went pretty good actually . We hung out alot , then she was offered a job out in California . She said she was gunan go out there for a few years , make some good money to pay off University , then come back up north . Hopefully I'll see her again . When i was in the hospital , my dad used to bug me all the time .... he'd be like " Hey why dont you pick her up and bring her home so I can check her out more " Id be like " Dad should I bring her home for you or for me ?" Mom wasn't too impressed with Dad over that . LOL

Bobbs07
03-08-2004, 06:27 PM
It went pretty good actually . We hung out alot , then she was offered a job out in California . She said she was gunan go out there for a few years , make some good money to pay off University , then come back up north . Hopefully I'll see her again . When i was in the hospital , my dad used to bug me all the time .... he'd be like " Hey why dont you pick her up and bring her home so I can check her out more " Id be like " Dad should I bring her home for you or for me ?" Mom wasn't too impressed with Dad over that . LOL

Hope you recover quick.:macho

if you dont mind me askin, how old are you?

JOEX
03-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Good luck man;) keep working the nurses:macho :D

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 06:33 PM

No, women don't seem to have a sense of humor about that stuff!

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm going to be turning 21 on the 18th of this month . Sucks cuz I'll probably still be in the hospital for my Bday . My parents already gave me my Bday card and gift also . Got a pretty sweet work lift for my YFZ . Now I can wheel it around the garage and not have to lift and throw it around . I'm going on 3 years now that I havent celebrated my Bday on the exact date . Last year i was sick as hell and the year before something had came up . This year I'm in the hospital . Wait till next year ... I'll have to make up for the 3 years Ive missed . :p

rollie
03-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I will be praying for your speedy recovery:)

^^^^^^^^:)

Quad18star
03-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the support guys . I'm sure everything is gunna work out well . Only chitty part about it all , is that I wont be able to make the first Provincial race up here in Canada . I'm gunna have about 6 weeks to spend $$ on the YFZ and get it ready for the season . Doctor also told me he might put me on a steroid to help me recover quicker ..... hmmm me and steroids ... maybe I'll work out for a month straight and see what happens . :D

TheX1992
03-08-2004, 08:11 PM
good luck and best wishes!

heres a rule of thumb:

hot nurses - make them give you a sponge bath
ugly nurses - make them change your bedpans

MIKE400EX
03-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Good luck Quad18star!

Disaster
03-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Good luck bro i go in for tounsils soon not as big of surgery though hope all goes well..

Quad18star
03-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Well Im back after being in the hospital for 10 days now .... I feel like I've been hit by a Mack Truck and Run over a few times . My whole left side is a nice purple/yellow/green colour . I have over 100 stitches , and I've lost about 15 pounds . That resulting just from the surgery . During that time , I was able to manage to reach for something on a desk and pull a muscle under my rib cage , have my stitches open up once , have stitches put in without freezing ( about 20 of them) , require 3 pints of blood , and have my breath count go down as low as 4 breaths per minute ( average person takes about 16-20 per minute) .

In all the surgery was a success , I wont be able to do any lifting of over 20 lbs for about 6 weeks . I wouldn't have been able to make it through it all without my family , friends and my bestfriend ( my exgirlfriend) . She stood through it all with me . Shows you just how much a friendship is important in a relationship .

Well since i wont be able to ride for a while , it's time to do work to the YFZ .... I got almost 2 Thoughsand dollars to spend ( amazing how much you can save in a short period of time and thanks to income tax returns) . I think I'm gunna buy a new set of wheels and rims . I'm thinking of HiPer beadlocks with MXR's on the rear and front . Also I'm thinking about a CT exhaust ( got lots of reading done during 10 days) . What do you guys think??

QuadJunkies
03-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Good luck buddy. Let us know how you're doing when you can. ;) ;)

sly400ex
03-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Sounds like the surgery was purdy hairy!!!:eek2: Glad to hear you're doing well though, just follow the doc's orders and take it easy.:)

LTandRaptorider
03-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. :D Take it easy and let things heal up right. keep us updated. Take care.

Quad18star
04-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Alright .... this operation thing got rediculous .... I came home for a day , then got sent back to the hospital for another 2 weeks . I spent almost a month in hospital and I've lost over 30 lbs . This BLOWS . I wont be able to ride for about 8 weeks , no lifting over 20 lbs for 6 weeks . Ive never realized how much I enjoyed food and how much freedom I ahd before the surgery . Hopefully I can stay out of the hospitals and recover well. Just wanted to give a quick update.

LTandRaptorider
04-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Alright .... this operation thing got rediculous .... I came home for a day , then got sent back to the hospital for another 2 weeks . I spent almost a month in hospital and I've lost over 30 lbs . This BLOWS . I wont be able to ride for about 8 weeks , no lifting over 20 lbs for 6 weeks . Ive never realized how much I enjoyed food and how much freedom I ahd before the surgery . Hopefully I can stay out of the hospitals and recover well. Just wanted to give a quick update.

Thanks for the update... hope things go better for you, keep your chin up! ;) You healing up ok now? How long will you be on a restricted diet? I guess you'll always be on one to some extent. Good luck, drop in here for some cheering up! :D

bansheerider_13
04-03-2004, 10:03 AM
i hope everything is working out alright for you and best of lucky to a speey recovery and did ya pick up any hot nurses this time

Quad18star
04-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Ya im sort of on a restrictive diet , like no peels , anything with seeds , and peanuts and stuff . Other than that I can eat almost anything . Everything healed up good and I got a couple nice scars , no more stitches . Only thing I got is 2 tubes going into my stomach cuz I had 2 absesses and they needed to drain them but those are comming out on Tuesday. As much as it sucked stairing at the walls for 3 weeks , it wasn't too bad cuz all my nurses were fairly young , most just comming out of University so they were like 20 to 25 years old . Mostly hot ones also . Put a smile on my face for sure :D

02Yellow400
04-03-2004, 10:30 AM
I bet those tubes comming out of your stomach really got them hot and bothered...lol

Good luck with the recovery

lol
04-03-2004, 04:35 PM
ahhh, nothin like hot nurses:p

04-03-2004, 05:55 PM
good luck with the recovery:)