PDA

View Full Version : Pro circuit pipe or Dyno port

LT250Racer609
03-08-2004, 02:18 PM
ok...i have a Pro circuit pipe on my 89 LT and i love it, however...its just a mid pipe and it took alot of my top end away...i race MX and the mid power is awesome for what i do, but once i hit 5th down the straight aways where i need it most, the top end just sucks...i have messed with the sprockets to try to get this top end back...and it has worked a little...my gearing right now is a 13/41...and stock is 12/42....however, i came across a dyno port pipe for mine and i believe this pipe will give me more power then my pro circuit cause my dad and uncle run dyno port on their sleds...what pipe would you guys stay with???

Goat397
03-08-2004, 03:33 PM
dont go to the dyno port exaust if you want top end. my buddy has the 2 into 1 on his banshee and it tore his top end to shreds but really brought out the bottom and mid . it sounds sick but i can get annoying. i dont know if the power curves will be the same for your 250 but for the banshee it acually loses top end

LT250Racer609
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
yah i know about the dyno port 2 into 1 for a banshee...and i have read up on it...that 2 into 1 isnt suposed to be for top end on that banshee...only for strong low and mid range pull--if he kept it a twin piped banshee...he woulda had more top end...and less low and mid....i dont really know if i could compare the 2 into 1 on the banshee to my LT because were talkin a totally diff. setup...2 cylinders into 1 pipe...350 CC and then a 265 single cylinder...2 different performances

my uncle races an 87 lt250r heavily modded...ported, polished etc. and he runs dyno port....he said its the best pipe and pulls hard through every gear

Goat397
03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
so then the only way to tell is to ride your uncles and see if you like it

03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Goat397
so then the only way to tell is to ride your uncles and see if you like it

wow these noobs are gettin smarter and smarter. :blah: :blah: