PDA

View Full Version : E-start on a TRX90?

Gasman
03-08-2004, 09:13 AM
I've seen kits to pit electric start on older ATC's (Goki rings a bell), can something like this be done on a TRX90? My son has this summer and, barring a growth spurt, next summer on his, but starting it gives us both fits. I need to get the jetting sorted out so it doesn't take 100 pulls to cold-start it, but even warm his noodle arms have a tough time pulling it. Is it possible?

I like the post about the Ricky Stator mod and headlights. That's a definite possibility too....

KILLER EX
03-08-2004, 08:18 PM
i have not seen anything about the e-start on the trx90.your jetting or something must be way off because my engine has a pipe , k+n filter and box mods with no jetting yet and it starts 1st pull when it is 0 degrees out and been sitting for 4 months.i cant stress how easy this thing starts!my buddy has a 1997 trx90 that is well used and it starts just as easy as our 2002 does. for the ricky stator light kit it kicks @ss!! they do a perfect job on the entire kit!! they should include a flywheel puller in the kit. i had one so i was lucky.

ROBBSRACING
03-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I dont know of any elec start kits for the trx 90 either.
However having worked on a million of them there is one common problem with starting these things especially cold that is often overlooked. The valve clearance will close up as the valve wears into the valve seat. I would suggest having the valves adjusted. That may be the cause of your hard starting problem. Typically they are very easy starting machines.

quadfamily
03-08-2004, 09:57 PM
the pilot jet is probably clogged