PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change..

Towlieee
03-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Hello all new to these forums and atv riding..

I personally dont have a atv but my friend just got a 300ex with some stuff, fmf pipe, knn filter, .20 over bore.

I have a hour meter on it.. Hes only had it a couple weeks, and we haven't changed the oil yet. However I read on here people say to change oil every 10-20 hours.. However thats almost daily.. everyother day at the rate we ride it.. We ride usually 4-5 hours on weekdays and 5-10 on weekends..

what type of oil do we need? how often should we change it?

Knips178
03-08-2004, 12:44 PM
If it has ever had synthetic oil run through it you should continue using synthetic. If not, then use Honda GN4 oil. And change your oil filter at the same time. how often you change your oil depends also on how you ride. If your racing, you should change it very often (after each race) or if your really getting on the engine and reving it out you should change the oil often. But if your just doing light trail and yard riding, I would probably change it every 40 hours. Cause it can nickel and dime you if your changing oil every two days.

03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Knips178
If it has ever had synthetic oil run through it you should continue using synthetic. If not, then use Honda GN4 oil. And change your oil filter at the same time. how often you change your oil depends also on how you ride. If your racing, you should change it very often (after each race) or if your really getting on the engine and reving it out you should change the oil often. But if your just doing light trail and yard riding, I would probably change it every 40 hours. Cause it can nickel and dime you if your changing oil every two days.

yup wut he said

03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
some people on here will change their oil after every like 5 hours & thats not even letting the oil break in & stuff....I change mine around every 30 hours & I use 15w-50 mobile 1 synthetic red cap...this stuff is gr8 & lasts forever ;)