PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Well we finally went this weekend & got a digital video camera!! We've been using our POS 8 yr old one & it really sucked, just ask Quadjunkies LOL anyway we got a Sony Digital 8 handycam 700xdigital zoom & 20x optical it is last years model so we got a really good deal on it, it does alot more than we thought it would for the price, we actually looked @ a more expensive one but the guy said this one was better for the zoom & all that. It's got a USB cable to download w/ & no more using the VCR to view the tapes, now i'll even be able to put them on CD's!! I know that probably OLD news but when you've been using the crap we had it's pretty cool, plus we can digital pics w/ it, played w/ it a little last night it's seems pretty cool. I'll finally be able to download them to my website once I figure it out LOL So keep your eyes open for a racing video soon:D gonna go test it this weekend!!!

Disaster
03-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Is it this one....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826092146&skuId=5227854&type=product&productCategoryId=cat04015

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Disaster
Is it this one....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826092146&skuId=5227854&type=product&productCategoryId=cat04015

YEP:D

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I think that's the same one Paris Hilton used... :devil:

Let me know how you like it. I'm still using one of those old ones you rest on your shoulder... :o

QuadJunkies
03-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Cool!! I love mine but the tapes are spendy for ours! like 20.00 for three???:huh :eek2: and they fill up fast!!!!! I still havent figured out how to use mine to hook to the computer and do vids online yet:confused:

SGA
03-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I have the same camera, good choice. USB might be too slow to upload to ypur computer unless you have USB 2. I installed a firewire card in my computer to handle mine.
QJ, transfer your camcorder tapes over to VHS tapes so you can put new stuff on the camcorder tapes.

400exmom
03-08-2004, 11:59 AM
congrates kym! film them rugrats they grow quick:D ;)

happy filming chicy!!;)

QuadJunkies
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I have the same camera, good choice. USB might be too slow to upload to ypur computer unless you have USB 2. I installed a firewire card in my computer to handle mine.
QJ, transfer your camcorder tapes over to VHS tapes so you can put new stuff on the camcorder tapes. Id like to transfer them to CD really, I have that fear of the VCR chweing up my only copy of a race and then I would have copied over the original so I have them both......just in case..........;) I agree with ya ,really FireWire will speed things up I wa stold it could take FOREVER to transfer to computer without it........

fastbikes
03-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey, I could burn them onto a DVD for you, my DVD player is a burner. I have got all the races from this season on DVDs.

SGA
03-08-2004, 12:31 PM
What the real problem is the computer has to be fast enough to handle the incoming movie. My pentium3 500 W/256 ram could barely handle it and not at all set on high quality. The video was always kind of cheesy looking
My new computer can handle it. Athlon XP 2.0GHz with 512 ddr ram. 7200 rpm hard drive. Upping the ram soon.
The bottom line is you need a good computer to catch,edit and upload good clear videos.

SGA
03-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Also windows movie maker that came with my XP was kind of sorry, but the updated version from windows updates is really good and free to boot.

JLanphear
03-08-2004, 12:40 PM
yup, one word....well kinda two in one....FIREWIRE

QuadJunkies
03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Also windows movie maker that came with my XP was kind of sorry, but the updated version from windows updates is really good and free to boot. I just downloaded newer version, havent tried it yet though... I need to update a few things on my computer stiil(ive been procrastinating too much lately!):o low memory is getting low I need more Ram I have a Pent4 WinME sucks I need XP in a big way.All in time I guess..... FastBikes~~~ That would be VERY cool of you!!!!Thanks!

SGA
03-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, get rid of that Win ME you have. It had too many bugs.

MOFO
03-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Yeah, get rid of that Win ME you have. It had too many bugs.

...and thats being very nice about it. :D

Disaster
03-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Tell me how u like it was looking to buy this one....

Disaster
03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I was also looking at this one....

http://www.abesofmaine.com/viewproduct.asp?id=jvgrdv800

JOEX
03-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Are we gonna see some dirtymomma vids?:devil: :D :devil: J/P:p

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Are we gonna see some dirtymomma vids?:devil: :D :devil: J/P:p

Finally... they won't be on crappy VHS!! :blah:

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SGA
QJ, transfer your camcorder tapes over to VHS tapes so you can put new stuff on the camcorder tapes.

Thats a good idea to reuse the tapes I wanna put mine on VHS & CD's so that would work!!! Your like Iam Tina, I was putting pics on CD's today & was scared to death to delete them I was running back & forth between my laptop & the home one making sure they were on the discs LOL

Yeah we looked @ one of the USB cards for my computer cuz it's only a 1.1 USB & my burner is a high speed so the guy said to see how long it takes to load them & if it's too bad then I'll go get that, wasn't a bad price either $50 I think. I spent the afternoon burning all my pics onto CD's cuz my memory only had 4% left:eek: so hopefully that'll help, I probably wouldn't of even been able to load the program!! I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 but think I may need to up my memory one of these days though. I was gonna do some videoing today but worked in the yard instead & literally BLEW up my mower :eek2: I thought it sounded kinda funny LOL I'll be damned I was going along & all of a sudden BAM & it blew a rod right thru the engine :eek: :eek: good thing it was about 5yrs old & a hand me down LMAO

JOEX sorry no "Dirtymomma" vids ROFLMFAO that'd be a SCARY thing :blah:

LTandRaptorider
03-08-2004, 07:21 PM
[JOEX sorry no "Dirtymomma" vids ROFLMFAO that'd be a SCARY thing :blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

You let us be the judge of that! ;) :D

dirtmomma
03-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Finally... they won't be on crappy VHS!! :blah:

;) :o :devil: