PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Wear Your Helmets

sparks400
03-08-2004, 12:05 AM
right now one of my best friends is in the hospital with a hole in his head, it looks like some1 shot him with a .44 magnum that came out the back of his head, and tons of road rash he was doin a wheelie at the blocks down here with his helmet on but not straped and he hit the grab bar on his z400 and he hit so hard that his back tires werent on the ground, and it sling shot him off, and he flew about 50ft hit the ground helmet flew off and he bounced off the ground and flew another 45ft while the bike was rollin anf flyin in the air, there was a puddle of blood on the ground, so far what i kno he has a fractured skull, fractured bones around his eye, broken coler bone, road rash, my mom,my other 2 friends, my dad and i have blood all over our riding clothes and plus the ppl that were helpin us, he was air lifted out of there, and while the cop was helpin us there was another crash on the same street just 3miles down, that guy died because of internil bleeding, he as throwin up blood. all im tryin to say is i almost lost one of my best friends, just wear and buckle ur helmets, dont matter if ur just riding it down ur road still do it.

Honda4trax250x
03-08-2004, 05:13 AM
wow, that sucks, tell him to feel better real quick

03-08-2004, 05:35 AM
i dot ever buckle up my helmet..I wear some goggles though that tighten them down..

cool 300ex
03-08-2004, 06:40 AM
OK i alwaysd do anyways.

redrunner
03-08-2004, 07:04 AM
If you don't strap your helmet you may as well not wear one, that's how stupid that is, period!
:eek2:

biker
03-08-2004, 07:06 AM
why would you wear a helmet and not strap it:huh

pbarr86
03-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, hope he pulls through.

The whole helmet issue is stupid to me, if you don't wear it and you get hurt because you weren't wearing it I have NO sympathy. Natures way of taking out the dumb ones I guess.

shamisc
03-08-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by pbarr86

The whole helmet issue is stupid to me, if you don't wear it and you get hurt because you weren't wearing it I have NO sympathy. Natures way of taking out the dumb ones I guess.

Well Said!!;)

03-08-2004, 02:01 PM
i think i learned that 2 months ago. i have to strap my helmet or it will fy off cause its a bit too big

sparks400
03-09-2004, 08:20 PM
im soo happy i talked to my friend that crashed, ewll i found out tday that the doc said to his father that he didnt kno if he was gonna make it, but he is, hes doin gr8, that just took the world off my shoulders, i wsa talkin to this girl that knows him in class today anfd the techer started to yell at me and i look over at her and she sees me in tears, then she goes whats wrong, i go my f'in friend was almost killed yesturday, and shee shut up for the rest of the hour, well just wanted to let u guys kno that hes doin good but still in bad shape

03-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I am really sorry to hear about that man, my friends hardly ever wear helemts when they are just ridin from there house to the neghibors i will tell them to but they prolly wont listen till they read this fourm

sparks400
03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
bro have them read this forum, trust me i almost lost my best friend, my friends dad which was a paramedic was shaken his head to me, and after 35 yeards doin that stuff u kno what ur talkin about, just evryone wear the right stuff when u go riding, it dont matter if ur on ur street riding alays wear ur stuff, he woldnt be nearly as bad as he is if he didnt have chest protector, helmet straped, riding and jersey.

EXerHonda400
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I totally agree with wearing helmets. I crashed last October and thankfully i was wearing my helmet and i walked away with some semi severe road rash from rolling down the road and a broken right collar bone that heeled incorrectly. When i got out of the hospital i looked at my helmet and there was nice size chunk taken out of it were my temple would have met the pavement if i wasn't wearing it. So i am very thankfull to even be alive posting on this thread. I hit something on the shoulder of the road and it knocked my hand off and i lost my ballance and fell off when i was shifting into 3rd so i wasn't going terribly fast. Anyway, Definetly were your helmet even if it's not a state law, someday you will thank it.

sparks400
03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by EXerHonda400
I totally agree with wearing helmets. I crashed last October and thankfully i was wearing my helmet and i walked away with some semi severe road rash from rolling down the road and a broken right collar bone that heeled incorrectly. When i got out of the hospital i looked at my helmet and there was nice size chunk taken out of it were my temple would have met the pavement if i wasn't wearing it. So i am very thankfull to even be alive posting on this thread. I hit something on the shoulder of the road and it knocked my hand off and i lost my ballance and fell off when i was shifting into 3rd so i wasn't going terribly fast. Anyway, Definetly were your helmet even if it's not a state law, someday you will thank it.
he broke the right one to, thanks u for postin

Disaster
03-09-2004, 09:52 PM

What he said...

xr50layke
03-10-2004, 07:05 AM
stupid hurts

seatec
03-10-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm telling you, If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be screaming all day.

HondaRancherES
03-10-2004, 07:51 AM
I agree. Stupid hurts

Rescueme
03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
If its strapped on its a helmet, if its not, its just a hat.:huh

roostin_dale
03-10-2004, 07:54 PM

agreed

sparks400
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
hey everyone my friend is out of icu and hes walkin talkin and the only thing that hurts is his shoulder

tyson300ex
03-10-2004, 08:56 PM
does he need to have surgery or anything? I crashed a year ago today, well a guy on a dirtbike jumped a hill and landed on me, I broke my cheek in 3 places, my eyebrow, eye socket, and collarbone, but what was the scariest was the blood clot I had in my right temple, I was in ICU for three days until the blood clot dissolved

sparks400
03-10-2004, 09:01 PM
he doesnt need surgery as far as i kno, i hope not

hondarider2006
03-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear that about your best friend, glad to hear that he is going to make it though!! I have learned the hard way also by not strapping my helmet and wreaking and it flying off. Costed me a ambulance ride and a trip to the emergency room....Mine wasn't half as bad as your friends though, I only have 5 stappeles in my head....