PDA

View Full Version : 250r motor in a 300ex frame

Diedrich
03-07-2004, 09:57 PM
has anyone ever done this? i've been thinkin about doing it and was wondering how hard it would be..i've seen pics of em before and they look like it would be easy besides the pipe..any info would be helpful

outacontrol31
03-07-2004, 10:19 PM
it would have great power but handle like a stack of bricks, the motor is overkill for the bike, unless you gusset the crap out of the frame and have great suspension you will tear up the frame and yourself. also the wheel base would be way 2 short cause i got a 3oo and i put a +2 swingarm on is to help keep the front down, with an r motor the front would never touvh the ground. basically its a real bad idea, just invenst in a new fourstroke or even an old R frame if you have to

Diedrich
03-08-2004, 03:29 PM
why would it tear my frame up..the motor is counterbalanced..i plan on gettin a new swingarm

exatak199
03-08-2004, 05:12 PM
too muchhh p00wer:eek2:

outacontrol31
03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
if you jump at all even a stock motor in a stock frame will end up tearing up the frame. after a year of hard riding (with good suspension) i broke the following

both tabs that hold the swing arm pivot bolt on each side of the frame, that is a must on reinforcing no matter how you ride

the top shock mount for the back shock needs to be reinforced all over the place cuss i broke that hole area apart, and lastly above the front shock mounts on the 2 mane frame pieces going up to the gas tank area nead reinforcing cause they were cracked on mine on 3 sides,

even an extended swingarm wont be enough for that much power. just trust me its not worth taking on. to much time to poor of results

Diedrich
03-09-2004, 09:34 PM
yeah i wasnt set on doing this just had an offer on a trade for a 250r motor and i've seen em in 300 frames so i thought i would ask