PDA

View Full Version : predator break-in period ?'s

Dill Pickle
03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
do I got this right?

after 1 hour of use or 1 full tank of gas, change the oil and the oil filter.

then after i do this its pretty much broke in, so i can start pickin up the speed gradually, right??

Pred_rider
03-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Pretty much when I broke my pred in just like your saying it that’s how it goes. Also remember not too run her at wide open throttle till that first hr or 1st gas tank just give her time you know take it ez.

BigThumper33
03-08-2004, 01:00 AM
There are many different theories and opinions on break in procedures.

I personally use a very aggressive break in, and it works very well for me.

I've read up on some information that says that the honing edges on your cylinder only last a short while and that to get the best ring seal you need to aggressively break in the quad.

It has worked very well for me, and I've never had a problem from it. I've rebuilt my engine several times with new upgrades and each time I've simply let the quad warm up and then I take it out and run it through the gears hard. After 15 minutes or so I take it back in and change the oil. Done after that.

Braff1
03-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Been running wfo since I brought it home. The most important thing is to change the oil and filter after the 1 hr break in period. The engine picks up a lot of metal shavings from the honing and assembly.

QuadJunkies
03-08-2004, 11:23 AM
TONS of shavings!! whatever you do..... due what they say and be reliougous about your oil changes!!! I cant tell you how many people I know who DONT and now wish they had:( also, USE THAT CLUTCH! I dont care what anyone says, this had alot to do with some that are finding chunks breaking off in there gears! I have a local freind that just had this happen last week,we ALWAYS use ours and when it got torn down to put mods on, not one flaw in ours still and its been raced virtually since the day it came home......;) (after break in period) Do what your manual says . I go by the book on the basics