PDA

View Full Version : Going from a 250R to a 400ex

seven
03-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Any advice on cornering a 400ex versus a 250R? I have always been on 2-strokes so I am having a hard time finding the key on making a 400ex corner faster. I have all the good stuff up front but I have not sent my rear shock into TCS yet for a re-build. I am trying to corner it like my R and it doesnt work that great. Best way I have found so far is just drive around it instead of using the clutch to get the tires spinning. Any Advice??

ReconRider25
03-07-2004, 08:25 PM
how big a turn? i just lean, kick it over with me butt while i gas it. thats on tight and fast turns though. on bigger ones i just lean and steady throttle so it dosent loose traction.....or just punch the trottle if i wanna go sideways.

seven
03-07-2004, 08:33 PM
The 400 just doesnt have enough go to get the tires spinning to berm around. Keep in mind that when I am cornering i am still going plenty fast. On my R I could hit a corner as fast as the tires would let me with no problems. Maybe I just need more motor. I am still stock in the motor department. I just bought my 400 last week and have been swapping parts over from my 250r. I think I am just used to more power. I had a ported 310 motor in my R. I should have my rear shock sent off to TCS within a couple of weeks. I already have +3 longtravel front end and +2 axle.

4TraxRider
03-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Tap your front brakes while in the middle of a caorner, it'll pitch your backend out without much effort.