PDA

View Full Version : works triple rates with rez/burgard +2s

ny300exrider
03-07-2004, 05:49 PM
well after front tires, im going to start saving for a budget front end and i was wondering...are works tripple rate with rezzies as bad as people make them seem? im going to be doing some mx and sandpit riding but im not like a full-on racer. will the triprates be a good lower cost upgrade over stock but still hold up to some mx riding? also ive seen the nice price tag on the standard travel burgard +2s but ive also heard some shaky things about them as well. someone on z400central said there burgard/works frontend with brake lines was around 900 and thatd be perfect for me. what do you think about this setup for a budget mx rider.

thanks

ralph2
03-07-2004, 07:36 PM
i got my burgards used for 275, and i pc'ed em and there like new,,, and then i got used works front shocks with some rezzies for 300 and powdercoated the spirings and cleaned up the bodies and those also look like new. so i got my whole front end for less than 600:devil:

Greg Z
03-07-2004, 08:10 PM
yeah man it will be sweet but im not sure if it will lower your frontend like a ZPS would. Dunno i would save the extra money and get a ZPS front shocks (tcs/elka) or maybe works has a ZPS?

ny300exrider
03-07-2004, 08:18 PM
well i wouldnt really want a zps because id only have enough money for front end setup right now and itd be weird with a front zps and stock rear. hopefully i can find some deals like ralph2 did and have myself a nice setup

btw ralph2 do you have any pics of your setup to give me an idea? thanks man

ralph2
03-07-2004, 08:20 PM
its just about bein in the right place at the right time for the used stuff

it took me forever to find a pair of used front shocks that were setup for my weight, riding style, and not junk,,, and then within a month i found an amazing deal on a ultracross rear shock also set up for me,,, so i guess its just alot of luck ya need:eek2: :p

Toadz400
03-08-2004, 01:27 PM
People make Works out to be bad shocks, my 400ex came with triple rates w/rezzies and I love them, especially compared to stock. I've ridden Elkas and I don't notice much of a difference in handling/jumping, other than his was softer than mine because mine are set at 235 and I'm only 155lbs. If I were tight on money, I'd go with Works...but if I had like a couple grand laying around, I'd be getting the Custom Axis LT front end for $2k:blah:

redrunner
03-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Waiting on my +2+1's to come in, I will be running them with some used but just rebuilt (santo) works triples. I paid $200 for the shocks and got a great deal on the arms from The Quadshop. So for right around 600 for it all, plus streamlines.;)

JD400exrider
03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
If your not a full on MX racer that set up should be fine. I am running +1 burgards , Works tripple rates and streamline break lines. No complaints. When it is time to service get santo to put his kit in them and they will be even better. I am going to have him do my rear stock shock soon.

02Yellow400
03-08-2004, 09:52 PM
i have a 400 and i recently put +2 burgards on it with works triples. Got it all new off ebay for like 700 or 750 something like that. I do the same type of riding and it made such a huge difference over stock. Especially once i put that LSR axle in. You will be 100 percent happy with your purchase if you get all that stuff.

ny300exrider
03-09-2004, 04:57 AM
ok thanks alot for the info, ill be doing that setup unless i find some other used shocks for cheap but i think ill be going works/burgard, i can't wait:D

CTmxyfz
03-09-2004, 10:01 AM
i would try to get used burgards and try and wait to get a good deal. Try to find the extra what? 200 for the TCS zps. You would like that over the works.

ny300exrider
03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
yea thats what im going to do. im just going to save every bit of money i get and just see what i find for a good price.

hondafreestyler
03-10-2004, 07:53 PM
i just ordered burgard +2 standard with pep limited mass shocks ...

my shocks are with pappy right now getting pc'd and cleaned ...

ny300exrider
03-10-2004, 08:29 PM
sounds like a sweet setup, i may have the same.. never know what ever i find for a reasonable price ill get let me know how the peps are though.

redroost85
03-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Works+Burgard=not too dayum bad!

Everyone makes the cheaper parts out to be schiz, I say there ain't no shame in running them parts. Ain't it one hale of a lot better than stock stuff?

That's awesome the deals you got man. I am looking for the same type of setup.:)