PDA

View Full Version : Lt-50

03-05-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi guys!

Would anyone happen to know if there are any websites purely relating to Suzuki's LT-50?

I can't find anything on this wee quad, other than commercial quad dealers trying to sell them.

Many thanks for any help that may get posted here.

CBW
03-05-2002, 07:26 AM
i tried finding aluminum rims like i did for my daughters 90.........and couldnt find squat........i guess they sell the bike and no aftermarket....but we have had it for a year with no problems,,,

03-05-2002, 07:39 AM
Chris,

Yeah, I know what ya mean - there seems to be ZIP available for the little LT - lots for the 80 though.

Would anyone know if the LT-50 engine is used in any other applications? Model ID's etc..?

Blaster250x
03-05-2002, 07:22 PM
I'm selling a super nice/clean 1986 LT50.........

Leo
03-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Scottish_Raptor
Chris,

Yeah, I know what ya mean - there seems to be ZIP available for the little LT - lots for the 80 though.

Would anyone know if the LT-50 engine is used in any other applications? Model ID's etc..?

not 100% sure on this, but I would say the odds are good that it's the same motor that's been used in the JR50 for the last 20 years or so :) I've got one from a '78 JR50 apart in the basement right now.. ;)

Leo

03-06-2002, 02:44 AM
Guys,

I had our LT back in the dealer yesterday since it had been running a bit crappy and is still under warranty.

I asked them about improving its performance a bit, and what could be done.

So, they took the carb off, gave it a clean out and drilled out some restrictor that was in there - it SEEMS to have improved things a little bit (I think, but the last time I saw our LT running it wasn't running too good) and sounds like its revving a bit higher.

Anyone else tried this?

Matt Fisher
03-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Try this link:
http://www.atvsource.com/viewers/forums/general/other_atv_types/38.html

This should help, Raptor 720 has been very helpfull to many folks with mini's.

4punksdad
03-06-2002, 05:06 PM
the new lt-80's, and 50's too (I think), come with a throttle limiter in the carb. remove the top of the carb, and pull the slide & spring out. inside the spring there is a piece of plastic that keeps the slide from going all the way up. remove it for more performance. I jerked apart my 97 lt-80, and there wasn't one in it. but a 2001 model at the suzuki dealer near me had one in the carb.

I wonder if the bolt pattern on the wheels is the same? if so, you could go wider for very little money.

DEAL
03-06-2002, 05:52 PM
I remember way back in the day , when a bunch of guys i knew used to ride lt 80s, One of them took the baffels out of the exhaust and after that it was able to beat my trx125 (which i owned at the time) but theywere extremely loud.

CBW
03-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I wonder if the bolt pattern on the wheels is the same? if so, you could go wider for very little money.

no.......i tried that......they sent me the wrong tire kit at christmas time,,,i wanted the kit for the trx90 and got the lt80..the hubs on the 50 are way smaller and so is the pattern.....

and as far as the restrictors go i did not know about the one possibly in the carb,,but have already checked for the one in the exhaust header.......which was not there,,,anywho it hauls me around very well on the flat stuff......and i weigh 225..so needless to say i do not ride it much:D :D

DEAL
03-07-2002, 09:37 AM
I love lt80s , I learned to ride on a lt50. Lt80s are fun little machines to mess around on , i wouldn't mind buying one to play around on , but i guess i could use a new 400ex a lil more than an lt80.

400exdad
03-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Our LT80 is bulletproof. I've got a 4 year old that I'm thinking about getting a new 50 for and I assume to have the same performance from it. As far as the motor, I figure its the same 'ol 50 from all the other lt's. DirtWheels said the motor could be opened up quite a bit too. I think they showed the limiter in the carb in the article...??? With the new shocks, it should be great! Good Luck getting the bugs worked out of it.

As far as the limiters in mine from the factory, the carb slide limiter was in mine, but the exhaust restrictor was not. Doesn't the 50 supposedly come with the exhaust limiter?

4punksdad
03-08-2002, 04:45 PM
my sons jr-50 had no limiter in the exhaust that I could find.

03-17-2002, 07:27 AM
The LTA 50 does come with an exhaust limiter located between the headpipe and the cylender. I guess Suzuki does that for their liability because the quad ran terrible with that thing. You almost have to take it out as soon as you buy the quad or it will not even go up the smallest hills or get going in grass