PDA

View Full Version : How do I open a HONDA SHOP?

Gummierat
03-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I am wanting to open a HONDA ATV shop.I need some numbers to get in touch with someone.Can anyone give me ideas or numbers on how to find out the restrictions and rules.?Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys.

416exmx
03-07-2004, 01:59 PM
it would take a couple million $$$$ to get Honda

Gummierat
03-07-2004, 02:06 PM
money shouldn't be a problem.Can you give me a number to get in touch with somebody to give me details ?

Gummierat
03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanx I appreciate the P M but I really need some info on who to talk to.Can anybody help me out?I would like to a rep from Honda or Yamaha.Either would be nice.Anybody ever tried got any details? Dont be skeert. Leave me a suggestion

crap-banshee32
03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
just buy a crap load of quads...and sell them for a little more than u paid for them...hehe

and u make money.

Berry
03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
email honda from there website i guess? maybe go talk to a local honda dealership around you, ask them what it takes too get started with honda, and if they will put the good word in for you. i dont know you so dont think i dont believe you would do this, but it takes $500,000 or $1,000,000 too get started with honda. not many people have this cash laying around, but if you do i would say go all out! hope this helps

YamaWarr0121
03-07-2004, 08:48 PM
you need to make a name for yourself frirst, start out by selling mini's ( like kasea's or etons) and after a few years work up to the big boys and get a reputable service and parts department take some pics of your shop with people in it workin and customers and maybe honda will let you start supplying their parts and vehicles

derekhonda
03-07-2004, 09:04 PM
I dont want to sound like an ***, but to be honest, the way i feel about this whole matter is if you have to ask a forum of fourwheeler riders how to buy a franchise, you probably wouldnt know how to run one either. Sorry, but I think a business adventure of this sort might be a little too far out of reach for you.

Aceman
03-07-2004, 09:09 PM
That's a good point, Derek.

Shawn H
03-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I was going to buy a dealership from someone who was getting out of the business and it would have costed me 1.8 million for all the paid inventory,parts,displays, the building and name. That does not include the 1.5 miilion
in inventory that you have to finance.

In reality it just was not worth the risk invest in something else if money is not a issue. Around here gander mountains sell quads now,and I heard Fleet farms are going to as well.

03-07-2004, 09:36 PM
if money aint a problem wanna hook me up with a quad? lol :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

beak7707
03-08-2004, 08:14 AM
you need to make a name for yourself frirst, start out by selling mini's ( like kasea's or etons)

YamaWarr0121 is right, you need to start out small. We have a local shop that works on all quads and supplies parts for all quads, but only sells mini's, I dont even remember the name of them. I asked him one day why he doesnt hook up with Honda, and he said it would take over 2 million to get the first honda on his showroom floor. So he just sticks with the no name minis, and makes money off parts and repairing quads.

Gummierat
03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
All of you who were helpful...Much appreciated....those who like to be negative...Well...you know....HAHA....I still haven't got a number you guys,.Help me finda number to get in touch someone.Trust me its no easy task.I have hit several dead ends.

MOFO
03-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Gummierat
All of you who were helpful...Much appreciated....those who like to be negative...Well...you know....HAHA....I still haven't got a number you guys,.Help me finda number to get in touch someone.Trust me its no easy task.I have hit several dead ends.

I would travel out of your area and find some honda shops that you would not be competing against.... talk to the owner and get some names and numbers....

thats what I would do...

JDiablo
03-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Gummierat
money shouldn't be a problem.Can you give me a number to get in touch with somebody to give me details ?

did you win the lottery?lol....someone got that green stuff

fastexgirl4c
03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
my dad started out small..by makin quad parts and stuff like that..then buildin quads...then choppers and bar stool racers...now he is workin for amsoil...i agree Start out small...and my sponsor extreme atv's ..started out as a small bisness..now its huge...u would be better off in startin ur own bisness..then goin wit honda...there is alot of money involved to get in bisness wit any big bisnesses like honda...or yamaha..but good luck

Dan_Guetter
03-08-2004, 06:19 PM
PM me......i only have yamaha as a hookup though

Bobbs07
03-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
did you win the lottery?lol....someone got that green stuff

I got lots of the green stuff:blah: :macho

brif
03-08-2004, 07:33 PM
First you have to be in an area where ther isn't another competing honda dealer. These bussinesses pay big money to the franchise to keep people doing exactly what you're trying to do. Next you'll need a storefront. It'll have to have so many sq. feet of showroom, parts and shop space. If you were to start with an existing building you could save some coin, but if you were to build the buiding too you'd have way too much money tied up to make any. Your best bet would be to try buying out an existing bussiness. Remember you have to sell alot of stuff just to pay the franchise fee that you pay each and every year. If you seriously want to have an atv shop. Take the advice others have given. Start a shop sell aftermarket part, sell used quads and sell the new mini's and have rental quads. As your name builds you could make a tidy living without the franchise headaches. We have a local shop like this and he makes out OK. He even sells new quads(he's able to buy new quads from other dealerships at cost and resell them). Good luck.....................

Gummierat
03-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks you guys,All this help is appreciated.I will prolly try goin the small route but I still need the numbers to Honda or Yamaha.Thanks again.