PDA

View Full Version : The new Fox air stocks

Barely legal
03-07-2004, 09:27 AM
I rode a Fox test YFZ with these on it yesterday. Very trick. They will be out in about 2 weeks.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/Backoffice/UploadedFiles/PressReleases/FOX_Float_AirShox.pdf (Shock Link)

Greg Z
03-07-2004, 10:59 AM
shocks (http://www.foxracingshox.com/Backoffice/UploadedFiles/PressReleases/FOX_Float_AirShox.pdf)

you messed up the url above..

I would never run anything from FOX besides there gloves... Fox isnt a shock company there a off road clothing company... would never trust them with shocks

Norcal_KFX400
03-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Greg Z
shocks (http://www.foxracingshox.com/Backoffice/UploadedFiles/PressReleases/FOX_Float_AirShox.pdf)

you messed up the url above..

I would never run anything from FOX besides there gloves... Fox isnt a shock company there a off road clothing company... would never trust them with shocks

That's not a correct statement.
Fox Racing is the clothing company and Fox shocks is another company.
Fox has been making offroad suspension longer than alot of members here have been alive.

Greg Z
03-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Norcal_KFX400
That's not a correct statement.
Fox Racing is the clothing company and Fox shocks is another company.
Fox has been making offroad suspension longer than alot of members here have been alive. :eek2: i thought Fox the clothing company were making the shocks:eek2:

Tommy 17
03-07-2004, 12:18 PM
fox shocks are used on polaris and most pedal bikes... i dunno how they'd be i'd think they'd compare to works mayb...

greco400
03-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Yes i wonder if they are better than works i dont see no ressies :confused: but anyways i wonder how much and if they have a cheap pair for long travel ?

Matt400ex_17
03-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I have fox shocks on my mxz 600 rev and there is no better suspension for a sled so why not the quads??????

Tommy 17
03-07-2004, 02:41 PM
doesn't elka make sled shocks??? j.w.

Cole Trane
03-07-2004, 05:43 PM
I know that Fox shocks for mountain bikes are of the best made. I'm curious as to how they'll fare compared to other aftermarket companies too. The predator's fox shocks aren't that bad for a stock shock.

Chef
03-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by greco400
Yes i wonder if they are better than works i dont see no ressies :confused: but anyways i wonder how much and if they have a cheap pair for long travel ?

There aren't rezzies because they are AIR shocks. No oil...

lil400exman
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
actually they do have oil. Not as much but if they had dry seals the shocks would get so hot you could fry and egg on them. And i really like em alot as guys i ride with pilots have them. They also use internal springs which really clean up the look of the machine and a really tuneable with the different air setups.............i will see if i can get a link!:devil:

dhines
03-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Barely - Can you give us a ride report?

03-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Fox has been around longer than most of us have been alive and they are one of the premier off road shock manufacturers out there. Between them and King, they make up almost all of the shock sales in regards to long travel buggies and Baja sytle racing Trucks.
They have been supplying Polaris with rear shocks for their "sport" quads for years and the Predator uses them as well.
I have no doubt they will be offering a whole new level of performance to the shock market. I just can't wait to see them make a scaled down version of their internal bypass trophy truck shocks for quads.
For those who balk at the pricetag, I can only say you get what you pay for.

03-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I spoke with one of the reps at the dealer show about these shocks. They had free beer at their booth so I hung out there for awhile.:o The setup looks pretty sweet but also odd since there are no springs..:huh I told them I'd be happy to test some out but they declined and told me to leave before the keg went empty...:mad:

brandonpeake
03-09-2004, 08:02 AM
yeah the polaris scrambler 500's i know had them on the back but not the front but it had springs on it but said fox on the rezzie

dbsbl1
03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I told them I'd be happy to test some out but they declined and told me to leave before the keg went empty...:mad:

Them *******s....We are using the Fox Vanilla RC shocks on our car (see link below). They're pretty damn sweet. Twelve different adjustments for both jounce and rebound, super light, and we didn't have to pay for them either!!:D