PDA

View Full Version : ATV accident

trouble661
03-07-2004, 07:40 AM
theres not really a topic for this, but i went riding yesterday and slammed really hard into a tree sidways. To make a long story short. I hit so hard my foot got smashed between the nerf bars and frame of the quad. had to use my buddy's winch to pull the nerf bar out to get my foot out. I broke 2 toes and crushed a bone in my foot. I thought nerf were designed to prevent this. the nerf bar is broken in to several pieces but everything else looks good.my head slammed so hard into the tree. if i would have not been wearing a helmet i know i would be dead. ALWAYS were your helmet. Look in the for sale column.

2004TRX450R
03-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your incident. Anything will bend if you hit it hard enough. Nerfs are more to keep other quads wheels from interlocking with yours to prevent being pitched up in the air. So you can't blame them for it happening. If you hit that hard I'd just be thankful that you didn't suffer more dammage. I hope this isn't makeing you get out of the sport though. You can't blame the quad or the nerf bars for what happned. Take care and heal up fast!

Cody_300ex
03-07-2004, 08:27 AM
did you have riding boots on?

AndrewRRR
03-07-2004, 11:00 AM
This should be in the open forum, not powertrain, but sorry about your accident. Sounds painful!

trouble661
03-07-2004, 11:21 AM
yes i had full ride gear with boots and helmet