PDA

View Full Version : help with jetting my 416 please

veddersbetter
03-07-2004, 06:17 AM
I need to get my FCR dialed in properly...I think it should be running better than it does. Its a 39mm FCR carb...the motor is a 416(not sure of comp.) with TC GNCC cam and a mild port /polish. The problem I notice is when I wheelie it pukes/putters after about 3 seconds with the wheels up...when I nail it full throttle theres a slight hesitation before it kicks in...could this be too small of a pilot?
Thanks for any help in advance and anyone with this or similar setup give me any advice???

seven
03-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Sounds to me like your needle is to lean or rich Move your needle one way and if it makes it worse move it the other. I would be willing to bet this is the problem.

cals400ex
03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
the slight hesitation from little to full throttle quickly is just normal with the fcr from what i read. i can't help you dial it in because i still run the stock carb. i have a feeling if you call up C&D they will be able to get you close on jetting. also, there are several good threads on the site about fcr jetting. try a search and see what you get.

Ketch
03-07-2004, 10:45 PM
This should get you close pilot jet #50 Main #160 to #165
The needle Should be a #ocemr and the clip in the middle.
Do some research on Float height and check that also.

veddersbetter
03-09-2004, 01:03 AM
thanks alot guys!!!