PDA

View Full Version : Steel or Aluminum

LazeR
03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Are stock rims steel or aluminum? and what is your favorite wheel that is fairly reasonable but strong? Can't afford beadlocks is basically what i am saying :rolleyes:

JD400exrider
03-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Stock wheels are aluminum. The douglas 190's from what I here are comparible to stock. Short of buying bead locks I would stick with the stock wheels. They are pretty strong.

LazeR
03-07-2004, 12:40 AM
what about like the ITP Baja's ? i don't know the price on them though, just saw them in dirt wheels!

hondarider2006
03-07-2004, 01:33 AM
I got some razrs on some itp rims from "AlaskaSpeed" and I think he said they were the rolled edge or somthing like that. He sent me a picture and they looked really nice. So once I get them on and a few miles on them I tell ya how they work out. If you are looking for a fairly strong rim and pretty cheap, look into the douglas .190's or the .165's. I believe the .165's should be fine in the sand, if thats all you do, and I know that you ride in the dunes a lot;) But if your gonna be doing a lot of trail riding, and beating your rims, I would look into the .190's:D

Cody_300ex
03-07-2004, 08:56 AM
I would just stay with stock rims there just as strong as beadlocks if not stronger. ;)

hondarider2006
03-07-2004, 12:07 PM
I called the dealer a year or two ago about a stock front rim......he said that they go for over $200 a peice. Screw that, I guess if you have the $ get new stock rims, but I would rather have beadlocks for that kinda money;)

busch light
03-07-2004, 01:02 PM
don't mess with the stealer, try ebay, or just watch the forum classifieds if your not in a hurry

03-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by busch light
don't mess with the stealer, try ebay, or just watch the forum classifieds if your not in a hurry i sold my stock rim on ebay for $45.00 shipped....the stealership is not the way to go for anything...I always try to avoid them if at all possible...I just like to go there & drool all over the new four wheelers they get :blah:

LazeR
03-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I got some razrs on some itp rims from "AlaskaSpeed" and I think he said they were the rolled edge or somthing like that. He sent me a picture and they looked really nice. So once I get them on and a few miles on them I tell ya how they work out. If you are looking for a fairly strong rim and pretty cheap, look into the douglas .190's or the .165's. I believe the .165's should be fine in the sand, if thats all you do, and I know that you ride in the dunes a lot;) But if your gonna be doing a lot of trail riding, and beating your rims, I would look into the .190's:D

Yea man, i need these rims for trail riding. I bent my left front one on Saturday out at Narly R's house! No clue how i did it! How thick of aluminum are stockers? Narly R has .190's on the front of his quad and bends em alot, they barely hold air i guess!

EvilJester400EX
03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I called the dealer a year or two ago about a stock front rim......he said that they go for over $200 a peice.

200 a piece? Ha! Dealers don't know nothin', do they? My dealer sold me a stock rim for $122, never again will I buy a stock rim.
Douglas .190's are strong, I've only bent one in an entire race season.

redrunner
03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I am pretty sure that the "rolled lip" is the closest thing to stock in configuration. The ITP .190 are very good also. The rolled lip design helps with rim leaks as it is harder to ding them.

ghak99
03-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I would just stay with stock rims there just as strong as beadlocks if not stronger. ;)

I will take by beadlocks over the stockers any day! Don't get me wrong, the stockers are strong, but I have seen way too many flat spots on them to put them in the same class as a good beadlock. I also think the .190 douglas wheels are a great bang for the buck.

My .02 cents