PDA

View Full Version : Custom graffix for minis

Woodsrider
03-06-2004, 04:30 PM
I just took a template and idea down to the decal shop for an estimate on custom graffix on 8mil vinyl. Red on silver. No stone gaurd. They are digitizing it now and will get back to me with a price. Im just wondering what to expect.

I know Quadjunkies has done this, has anyone else?

QuadJunkies
03-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I just took a template and idea down to the decal shop for an estimate on custom graffix on 8mil vinyl. Red on silver. No stone gaurd. They are digitizing it now and will get back to me with a price. Im just wondering what to expect.

I know Quadjunkies has done this, has anyone else? Sweet! Cant wait to see it!!!:blah:

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm going to pick up the graphics in a few minutes. $65 printed on 4mil vinyl. With any luck I should have the pics up tonight.:cool:

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Well I got em! Here is the before....

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Ho hum, kinda boring.....

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Three minutes with a pressure washer, and you have a clean slate;) Then add a little flame to "kick it up a notch":D

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I thought they looked pretty good for what they are:macho

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
But Kayla said that it just looked "unfinished" so we went to CycleGear and got a sheet of stickers for $12, and "BAM!" Another notch!

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
:eek:

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
It looks alot better now. We left room on the rear fenders for numbers, and even got in some advertising for C&DRacing and The Quadshop ;) I also talked her into saving room for an EXriders.com sticker:macho

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:13 PM
just two more.....

Woodsrider
03-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Kayla thinks its pretty sweet now. Now if I could just convince her to get out and race it:macho

dirtmomma
03-20-2004, 08:49 AM
WOW I like I like!!! Tell Kayla she's rockin now baby :D she'll look good out there on the track too. Trevor likes it he was just looking @ it hehe. Now some flames like that would look real sweet on my 300 I think ;) can he just use the same template?? Dont want anything real big cuz they will get rubbed off on the left side :blah:

Woodsrider
03-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I would say probably not. But making the template was the easy part. I just took a few peices of used paper and some tape and layed it out on the side if the plastic and cut it to fit. You only have to do one side because the other side is a reverse image.
Once you have a template your satisfied with, take it in to him, and sift through all the different flame styles he has and pick a style and colors. His shop is in Puyallup, if you want his # LMK;)

Glad you like it, maybe you'll get to see it at the track some day.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 01:13 AM
that pretty young lady needs a new seat cover now!!!:cool: :D and some Hoelshots too!!!!!lol. looks really good!!!!

400exdad
03-23-2004, 11:17 AM
I vote for some aluminum wheels to give it some true bling bling!:eek2:

400exdad
03-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Windows paint is all I have here on this computer.....

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 11:49 AM
you know what they NEED to make for the minis is a Hood!!!!!!!:blah:

400exdad
03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
QJ, they make them for LT80's... too much money for me. :rolleyes:

Woodsrider
03-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
I vote for some aluminum wheels to give it some true bling bling!:eek2:

With any luck it will get wheels and tires soon. I havent decided on a tire yet.:confused: The front tires seem to do pretty well So it will probably just get a set of rears for now. Maybe some 18" claws or holeshots.

QJ, if it gets a seat cover, it won't be for a while. Kayla is out growing the speed faster than I anticipated:eek: She got on my 400 Saturday for the first time and started it and rode away! She made about three laps around the yard then headed for the track. She made a couple laps on the track and came back in grinning from ear to ear.
So more than likely any money spent other than tires will more likely go into clutching and a pipe;)

dirtmomma
03-23-2004, 09:00 PM
HAHA Mike's losing his 400 :devil: :devil: :blah: :D Tell her I said "YOU GO GIRL" ;)

Hey did ya see my thread from today?? I'm the new president of the ATV HRCA for Lynnwood Cycle Barn :D it should be fun getting people together to ride ;) & whatever else we do!! Heck I jsut found out the owners daughter who's name is also Kim is the vice pres heck I'm feeling pretty special LOL J/K Kinda hoping maybe I can get my foot in the door & maybe a job will fall my way :cool: Anyway I'll be letting you & all your buddies know whats going on as soon as I know cuz we'll be needing members!!

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HAHA Mike's losing his 400 :devil: :devil: :blah: :D Tell her I said "YOU GO GIRL" ;)

Hey did ya see my thread from today?? I'm the new president of the ATV HRCA for Lynnwood Cycle Barn :D it should be fun getting people together to ride ;) & whatever else we do!! Heck I jsut found out the owners daughter who's name is also Kim is the vice pres heck I'm feeling pretty special LOL J/K Kinda hoping maybe I can get my foot in the door & maybe a job will fall my way :cool: Anyway I'll be letting you & all your buddies know whats going on as soon as I know cuz we'll be needing members!!

Thats VERY cool girl!!!Im hoping for our girls rider club gets alor more girls involved in our local riding areas,Ive got a few people come up to me the last few weeks that say...."hey .Your that chick who races quads!! Ive seen your website thats cool!!" Makes ya feel good ;) ...Boy do I have lots to tell you,Ill try and shoot you a PM tomorrow ........

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
With any luck it will get wheels and tires soon. I havent decided on a tire yet.:confused: The front tires seem to do pretty well So it will probably just get a set of rears for now. Maybe some 18" claws or holeshots.

QJ, if it gets a seat cover, it won't be for a while. Kayla is out growing the speed faster than I anticipated:eek: She got on my 400 Saturday for the first time and started it and rode away! She made about three laps around the yard then headed for the track. She made a couple laps on the track and came back in grinning from ear to ear.
So more than likely any money spent other than tires will more likely go into clutching and a pipe;) you wont belive what a pipe will do for it...and a PM about a few other things:D :devil:

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 11:52 PM
QJ, they make them for LT80's... too much money for me. :rolleyes: how much were they? Ive never sen them on a mini!!!!:blah: She will need some new plastic soon :cool:

400exdad
03-24-2004, 05:50 AM
LRD use to have them on their site. I did a search and found that QuadTech makes them. At there site:
Retail $165 :(
Ordering 5 - $140 :)
Ordering 10 - $115 :D

I might be willing to go the $115... maybe we can get a group purchase here? :blah:

foleyit
03-24-2004, 08:22 AM
I checked out Quadtech-atv.com and didn't see any hoods for their for the LT80? Let me know if you do -- you can count me in.

QuadJunkies
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
I might be willing to go the $115... maybe we can get a group purchase here? :blah: Thats not a bad Idea........:D

400exdad
03-24-2004, 12:15 PM
According to my search, and remembering the LRD website, they've got a tank cover too!

Here's the price list that I found this morning: should have posted it then... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if its for public viewing or not... tells how much dealers are paying for this stuff!

http://www.quadtech-atv.com/price.htm

foleyit
03-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Do you have a picture of their hood yet?

400exdad
03-24-2004, 03:21 PM
They use to have them at LRD.... I'll see if I saved any on my home computer.:)

Woodsrider
03-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HAHA Mike's losing his 400 Tell her I said "YOU GO GIRL" ;)

Hey did ya see my thread from today?? I'm the new president of the ATV HRCA for Lynnwood Cycle Barn it should be fun getting people together to ride & whatever else we do!! Heck I jsut found out the owners daughter who's name is also Kim is the vice pres heck I'm feeling pretty special LOL J/K Kinda hoping maybe I can get my foot in the door & maybe a job will fall my way Anyway I'll be letting you & all your buddies know whats going on as soon as I know cuz we'll be needing members!!

No I havent seen it yet. Good for you! Hope you enjoy it, and yah maybe you can land a payin job as well;) Keep us posted.

As far as me loosin my 400, I dont think so. Not just yet. She may be able to put around on it in first, but she cant shift yet.;) She has a while before she will be able to really ride it. And when she can.... well then I guess I'll go get me a NEW QUAD!!:p

and a PM about a few other things
(in my best Tom Lykis voice)......Reealllly:D