gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that
can really work.
Please read it and join with us .By now you're probably thinking
gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
$1.97 for regular unleaded in my town Now that the oil companies
and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a
gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive
action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers.
With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to
take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come
down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all
rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an
impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's
the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.
If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't
whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple
it is to reach millions of people I am sending this note to about
thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =
300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation
of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those
three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30
million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you
don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician.
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you I didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this
message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT
UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

03-06-2004, 05:48 PM
im guessing out of the 40-50 that read this....not one person did it

Toadz400
03-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
im guessing out of the 40-50 that read this....not one person did it

You're probably 100% correct. How about we just kill the CEO's of the company and steal the gas:p

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
How about we just kill the CEO's of the company and steal the gas:p
or we can revert back to the flinstone age and peddle our cars through the floorboard:macho :blah:

Toadz400
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
or we can revert back to the flinstone age and peddle our cars through the floorboard:macho :blah:

Exactly:)

hondafox440
03-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Plus, I bet Exxon-Valdez sells oil/gas to most of the other small gas stations around town. Petey doesn't own an oil rig just to supply Petey's Gas and Garage with gas...

SadisticShee
03-06-2004, 07:27 PM
I work at mobil. That would be great if everyone stopped buying gas from us. I could sit on my *** all day and get paid! Everyone pls do this!

xr50layke
03-06-2004, 07:32 PM
im too lazy, oh well. :D

03-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by SadisticShee
I work at mobil. That would be great if everyone stopped buying gas from us. I could sit on my *** all day and get paid! Everyone pls do this!

Haha...I'm lazy too!:blah: Man you got the right idea.

Chanman420q
03-06-2004, 11:56 PM
how about we just suck it up and pay the dang price.

no one is actually just gunna stop buying gas from mobil or exxon

personally i think it should go even higher, if the goverment taxed gas more, we could get out of national dept within 2 years.

DangerousDean
03-07-2004, 12:00 AM
holy ****..

you guys actaully pay 1.50 for gas!!!!

the highest we pay is like 87.9 CENTS!

:eek2:

WOWOWOWOWOOW

VIC
03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
holy ****..

WOWOWOWOWOOW

Isn't that per liter for you guys in Canada?

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
holy ****..

you guys actaully pay 1.50 for gas!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOOW
it gets a lot scarier than $1.50 a gallon

crday98
03-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
personally i think it should go even higher, if the goverment taxed gas more, we could get out of national dept within 2 years. i really hope you are joking

then after we get out of our debt,we'll have even more money to spend rebuilding other countries while a million americans suffer in poverty each day;)

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i really hope you are joking

then after we get out of our debt,we'll have even more money to spend rebuilding other countries while a million americans suffer in poverty each day;)
it cost' a lot of money to make america seem like the nice next door neighbor

killed300ex
03-07-2004, 06:09 AM
just pay the price because those 2 companies sell gas to all the mom and pop stores around the country and once the big companies find out what they are doing and that they arnt seling any gas they are going to raise the price to the mom and pop stores then mom and pop stores are going to have to raise the price of the gas to us in turn making it so that mobile and exxon stations have the lowest prices again . BUt thats just my opinion.
killed

NTPracing22
03-07-2004, 09:20 AM
personally i think it should go even higher, if the goverment taxed gas more, we could get out of national dept within 2 years.

ever since the depression we've had a faulse economy. we printed out bills as we needed them with no silver or gold behind each bill.

ths cost of steel is going up again next month. the cost of tubing has already gone up over 50% and is estimated to go up to 80%. China is having an industrial revolution and is buying all of our steel and machines.

I wouldn't be a bit supprised if we hit $3.00 a gallon this year. Many people are fearing another great depression, once gas and steel goes up, everything goes up from there. Its like a big snowball.

03-07-2004, 09:42 AM
you can fill your truck or car up & then just drive off....that will stick em'

Chanman420q
03-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i really hope you are joking

maybe if we werent so far into dept we would have enough money to help others and our selves.

The goverment should tax gas or even ciggerettes more. Yeah its gunna suck for those 2 years or so, yes i drive and smoke, but in the long run its more benifitial, people arent just going to stop driving, "oh hell 3 bucks a gallon, ill walk 50 miles to work today instead." yeah maybe some people would quit if ciggerette prices when even higher than what they are now, my mom quit back when she was young because packs went up to a dollar! But not every single smoker is going to quit.

So i dont see why i would be joking about that? if we got out of dept how could we have another depression like someone said above?

stace609
03-07-2004, 12:19 PM
here it's about 2.40 for premium. yesterday some place was offering it for .90 but it was like a five hour wait. not even worth it.

crday98
03-07-2004, 12:47 PM
maybe if we werent so far into dept we would have enough money to help others and our selves.

The government should tax gas or even cigarettes more. Yeah its gonna suck for those 2 years or so, yes i drive and smoke, but in the long run its more beneficial, people aren't just going to stop driving, "oh hell 3 bucks a gallon, ill walk 50 miles to work today instead." yeah maybe some people would quit if cigarette prices when even higher than what they are now, my mom quit back when she was young because packs went up to a dollar! But not every single smoker is going to quit.

So i don't see why i would be joking about that? if we got out of dept how could we have another depression like someone said above? are you retarded or something?how could you say it's going to be beneficial in the long run?the oil companies are gonna have more money in their pockets and less in ours.it is ridiculous for what it cost me and my faïence to drive to work weekly.we are actually thinking about relocating closer to work because it would benefit us greatly.this was never a problem.i know others doing it also.that is ridiculous
as for the cigarette tax,i smoke so is it going to be better for me if i keep paying the higher prices and have it pay off in 2 years or quit now,live a longer life and have more money in my pocket to spend and put back into the economy by buying other things or is it gonna be better for us to pay for more state and government workers to ride around in luxury cars and dine at expensive restaurants and whatever they spend money like it is going out of style on while neglecting things like our health care,roadways and a ton of other things they should be spending our tax dollars on?i think not.where did all that money go when the major tobacco companies got sued? a few million went to each lawyer and the rest got pissed away.i have not seen any of that money go to anyones health care to help them pay for their medical bills acquired from problems they have due to smoking.did they come up with any kind of "non-smoking"programs or give me any anti-smoking drugs/medicine with the money i gave them??? nope!did it put a smile on the faces of the lawyers got rich with the millions smokers paid for?absolutely!your right,i think we'll all be better off with your logic;)

ghak99
03-07-2004, 02:34 PM
"VOTE THE SON OF A BUSH OUT"

ghak99
03-07-2004, 02:50 PM
These companies are more powerful than we give them credit for!

Like in the late 70's and early 80's when the bought the pattons on the carbs that had the potential to get good enough gas milage to do damage on their profits. I am talking like 45-55 MPG on a v8 engine. The public never even seen these carbs....Imagine that!

Or even the money that some of the big oil companies donated to put a stop to the research into using water as a hydrogen fuel source in the early 80's. Granted it probably was not going to work efficient enough to beat the price of gasoline, but they put a stop to it before it even had a chance to dip into their profits.

How about the "Big 3" building these new cars and trucks with worse gas milage than the old quadrajet carbs used to get! You cant tell me they don't have the technology to improve the MPG!

I honestly believe the answer to the gas prices goes back to CORN! Once they get all the problems worked out and inform the public about it "ethanol" as a new fuel it will all but be over for the oil companies in the gasoline market. And it might even put a little cash back into the pockets of the people who we all depend on and take for granted, "Farmers".

OK...i got to quit, all that typing is going to cause me head to explode!

Atreyu
03-07-2004, 03:01 PM
I think there should just be a limit on our exports..especially to China..

NTPracing22
03-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I think there should just be a limit on our exports..especially to China..

there's no way that'll ever happen. China is putting a good amout of americans' out of work each month. A lot of blacksmiths i know are going out of business just because the work isn't there anymore.

People would rather buy something made by the chinese for three cents an hour then pay for a quality american item. its very sad. face the facts, our imorts/exports are being controlled by china