PDA

View Full Version : New ATVA rules

lol
03-06-2004, 01:19 PM
I just read in atv action about the newly included two stroke class up to 200cc and 4 stroke class up to 300cc, ages 13-15, I checked it out on the websites and mostly everything has to be stock, well, i no this will make alotta people happy including me, please dont laugh, but i think am gonna race my 250 :D

Dupontster
03-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I am 15 and I have a 250x with alot of aftermarket stuff and bored 40 over, Can I race that. If I can that would be awsome..

lol
03-06-2004, 02:01 PM
umm, here go to the site link http://www.atvaonline.com/race/mx.asp

and look around for the rules, that will tell u if u can

Out_Sider
03-06-2004, 02:13 PM
thats not a new rule. its called youth production class

lol
03-06-2004, 02:30 PM
sry, its new though right? or did i miss sometin

quadchick3
03-06-2004, 05:28 PM
thats not funny at all. all the luck to ya!!! I raced youth production last year for the GNC's on my 250ex. i was the only one, everyone else was either on a blaster or a 300ex. Ended up taking 5th overall in my class.

ROBBSRACING
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
The mag made a mistake the rules are the same for this season as they were for last in that class. Mods are allowed!

gibson400ex
03-06-2004, 07:51 PM
there are 2 CLASSES!!!! youth production and air cooled.

I WILL BE RACING IN THE AIR COOLED CLASSES BECAUSE I AM RUNNING A AFTERMARKET FRAME AND A BLASTER MOTOR IN IT.

I will be running NEATVMX with my bike this year and my dad and brother and my dads freind will be racing this year in NEATVMX also, and when i go to nationals i will run in air cooled also.:)

roostin_dale
03-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Thats not true...you can do a LOT i youth production class....My bike is totally decked out and i race that class....here is what Doug Morris said--

There has been some confusion among racers lately concerning what modifications are allowed in the new ATVA youth production class, 200cc two-stroke, 300cc four-stroke (13-15 years).

First, concerning the riders, what’s new this year for the class is that 13-year-old racers can now take part. Before, the class was for 14 and 15 year olds. This youth production class is recognized for all AMA-ATVA sanctioned ATV racing. Additionally youth production class will be offered in all the Grand National Championship MX, TT and Short Track series.

Next, concerning the machines, production classes can’t exceed maximum class displacements. Also, the stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original manufacturer of that make and model must be used. But, the frames may have material added to them for strength, but the change can’t affect the frame or suspension geometry.

So what this means is that your engine can’t exceed 200cc if you have a two-stroke, or 300cc if you have a four-stroke, because there is no overbore allowed beyond the class limit. But you can make just about any modification to the engine that you want. You can stroke it, water cool it, change port timing, change compression, you name it, you just can’t exceed the cc limit.

You must use a stock production ATV frame but you can bolt on accessories to the frame, you can change A-arms, axles, swingarms, shocks, carburetor, you name it. You just can’t exceed 50 inches in width.

So, you see, there actually are a lot of modifications allowed in this stock production class.

roostin_dale
03-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by lol
but i think am gonna race my 250 :D

Ok..you do that..try to keep up with me on my 250x:o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p8af2bc4e77d5418a87f9825323107d67/f974c8ee.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid105/p5534f4d5b6b5320837efa6b45bad8d06/f974c8e6.jpg

it does have a bumper and nerfs...lol...just not in the pics..

lol
03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
showoff :o

roostin_dale
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
yea i am..lol

exman
03-09-2004, 09:28 AM
also remeber if you have added 400ex arms, and 400ex shocks, you CAN NOT run the shock mount relocater...changes shock geometry.

bradley300
03-09-2004, 09:33 AM
so what is the difference between youth production and air cooled? i'm 20 and might try a gnc mx on the blaster or the 300. i suck at mx and dont want to get my arse handed to me in a bigger class, could i race air cooled? or is there a first year class?

CTmxyfz
03-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by lol
I just read in atv action about the newly included two stroke class up to 200cc and 4 stroke class up to 300cc, ages 13-15, I checked it out on the websites and mostly everything has to be stock, well, i no this will make alotta people happy including me, please dont laugh, but i think am gonna race my 250 :D

Don't think what other people think of you. aMod the 250ex alittle bit and go get em and have some fun.

CTmxyfz
03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Thats not true...you can do a LOT i youth production class....My bike is totally decked out and i race that class....here is what Doug Morris said--

There has been some confusion among racers lately concerning what modifications are allowed in the new ATVA youth production class, 200cc two-stroke, 300cc four-stroke (13-15 years).

First, concerning the riders, what’s new this year for the class is that 13-year-old racers can now take part. Before, the class was for 14 and 15 year olds. This youth production class is recognized for all AMA-ATVA sanctioned ATV racing. Additionally youth production class will be offered in all the Grand National Championship MX, TT and Short Track series.

Next, concerning the machines, production classes can’t exceed maximum class displacements. Also, the stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original manufacturer of that make and model must be used. But, the frames may have material added to them for strength, but the change can’t affect the frame or suspension geometry.

So what this means is that your engine can’t exceed 200cc if you have a two-stroke, or 300cc if you have a four-stroke, because there is no overbore allowed beyond the class limit. But you can make just about any modification to the engine that you want. You can stroke it, water cool it, change port timing, change compression, you name it, you just can’t exceed the cc limit.

You must use a stock production ATV frame but you can bolt on accessories to the frame, you can change A-arms, axles, swingarms, shocks, carburetor, you name it. You just can’t exceed 50 inches in width.

So, you see, there actually are a lot of modifications allowed in this stock production class.

you summed it up. talking to one of the NEATVMX top guys that help s run everything, no stroking it i think.

bradley300
03-09-2004, 10:35 AM
sounds like you cant make your blaster any bigger, but you've got 18cc to play with on your 300ex, even more on your 250x or ex, and isnt a mojave an exception to the rule, thier allowed in the air cooled class even tho there liquid cooled right?

Out_Sider
03-09-2004, 11:42 AM
yeah, the mojave can be raced....i was thinking about buying one to race that class....just get a junker for about 300 bucks and put suspension on it :o lol

roostin_dale
03-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Out sider i dont think the Mojave can race...

Bradley..the difference is that Youth production is ages 13-15 and air cooled is 16+ and i dont believe air cooled has a CC limit...

Exman...i have the 400ex +2+1 a-arms but i got custom length shocks to fit the stock mounts..it handles awesome....

I have contacted ATVA about engines in this class..you can do basically anything as i posted before...just the cc's have to remain under 200cc and 300cc.....I have a 300 stroker kit in my 250x and it is legal..

exman
03-09-2004, 10:13 PM
your did right roost, with arms and shocks, but know relocater.

air cooled class is no joke there are some nice bored and stroked 300ex's out there at gatorback last weekend, and mojave can run in the 200cc 300cc aircooled class, 16+, but can not run the 200/300 cc youth production

tprender
03-10-2004, 06:44 AM
The youth production class is only for 13-15 years olds. The other class used to be called the air-cooled class but the wording was dropped this year to let the Mojave in by saying that it had to be atv engines only. In this class you can do anything that you want being that it is a mod class, just don't go past 200 or 300. The Mojave was not allowed in before because of the wording "air-cooled" and the Mojave is water cooled. The atv engine is so that no will take a M/C 250 4-st motor and use it in the class in some frame.
In my area we now call it the 2-3-4 class.

gibson400ex
03-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
you summed it up. talking to one of the NEATVMX top guys that help s run everything, no stroking it i think.

ya your right there is no stroking it or boring it.