View Full Version : I got a hole in my side casing any way you can fix it

exrider360
03-06-2004, 08:48 AM
i have a hole in one of my dads friends 250x and i was wondering if theres anything that we can do to fix it in stear of buying a new one. And dont they make chain sliders that go all the way around the sprocket to guard the casing.

LTandRaptorider
03-06-2004, 09:23 AM
How big is the hole? JB Weld might work for you. Check on ebay for a case. And you mean the case saver that bolts in front of the counter shaft sprocket? If you can't find an aftermarket case saver, you could probably find someone to fabricate one for you. ;)

dirtmomma
03-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Check in the for sale section there is a guy who has a 250x side case I think for like $25 I'm in the process of tryin to buy some of his parts also. YEP as LT said JB weld it does wonders LOL my nephew swears by it I bet that what his 250x is held together w/ LMAO!!!!

exrider360
03-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the input is it hard to chang ethe side case on tthe drive side or is it just a couply bolts.

LTandRaptorider
03-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by exrider360
Thanks for the input is it hard to chang ethe side case on tthe drive side or is it just a couply bolts.

Well, if you're mechanically inclined, get a service manual and you shouldn't have much trouble. If you're not, get someone else to do it. Not sure if that helps you much... you could try JB Weld first. I've never worked on a 250x, maybe someone else on here could help you out.