PDA

View Full Version : wiring key in straight?

PATTE440
03-06-2004, 01:56 AM
has any one wired there key in straight yet? if so give me the details please. what wires where?
thanks

2004TRX450R
03-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Well I'm asuming by wireing in straight you mean to take the Ign. key off all together. Just unplug it and jump the red and black wires together in the connector. Leave the black/white and green wires alone. Those are for the kill portion of the switch. Just use the kill switch on the left bars to shut it off.

Out_Sider
03-06-2004, 02:10 PM
when u hook a tether up on the 450, can you just take the key off, and put the tether wires on those two wires and it work?

03-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Here is a post 2004TRX450R made elsewere. I followed his instructions and it worked great.

You can just unplug it all together and it will run fine. However your fan, carb heater, lights, and temp light won't work. If you are going to take it off and not jump the wires you might as well save some weight and at least take the fan off. If you want that stuff to still function just jump the red and black wires together. For the kill switch hook one wire to the Black/White wire and the other you can either ground to the frame or hook it to the Green wire at the switch plug.

kargaaro
03-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I want to do that to mine. I just want to get this straight. Take the key out, wire the red and black wires together, and hook the tether into the black/white and green wires. Is that right?

Did anybody remount the oil light or you just removing that?

03-10-2004, 08:51 PM
That is correct for the switch hook up.

I took one of the brackets that was mounting the emergency brake cable and used it to mount tye light to the side of the steering stem on the frame. I used one of those hole that were already there. It was hard to get a nut and bolt in there but I did it and it looks almost factory.

ho416mx
03-10-2004, 09:36 PM
got any pics of that??

03-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I will post some next week.