PDA

View Full Version : Bent Rim!

LazeR
03-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Well I was out riding with Narly R today, and somehow managed to bend my rim!:confused: I have hit things before like in 4th gear where it pitched me sideways and never even dented it, now i don't even know what i did and it bent! Is there anyway to fix it ? You can't see a dent or anything but i don't think it's supposed to wobble lol! The nut is tight, and the bearing is fine!

It's ok though i had a blast! Lots of fun, It was cool meeting Narly R, He's a cool guy! Can't wait to go riding with him again! Hopefully next time it won't be raining and we can get some pics!

Cody_300ex
03-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Is it front or rear?

03-06-2004, 12:03 AM
i bent my front on a 5th gear wheelie & all the weight came down on the front right wheel after the mishap....if you keep riding letting it wobble it will mess up the bearings & stuff

LazeR
03-06-2004, 10:01 AM
ahhhhhh Sorry it is my left front rim! My bad guys :rolleyes:

dirtmomma
03-06-2004, 10:40 AM
I say get a new one ;) Sounds like you had fun riding,especially if ya bent a rim haha;)

westcoastmxer
03-06-2004, 03:39 PM
hey man i had the same problem wen i bought soe itp rims and grooved radials off a guy on here(took h 3 months to get them here,ad my mom had to threatin t sue him w/writtin hima letter..shes lawyer:devil: ).anyways my bros a mechanic and he fixis tha stuff al the ime so he just took a hammer o it and gintly bent i bak and it haddent leaked since!:macho

LazeR
03-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by westcoastmxer
hey man i had the same problem wen i bought soe itp rims and grooved radials off a guy on here(took h 3 months to get them here,ad my mom had to threatin t sue him w/writtin hima letter..shes lawyer:devil: ).anyways my bros a mechanic and he fixis tha stuff al the ime so he just took a hammer o it and gintly bent i bak and it haddent leaked since!:macho

Mine still holds air! You can just see it wobble :confused:

hondarider2006
03-07-2004, 01:37 AM
My rear right rim is bent, and has been for about 6 months and it still hold air. Its probably going to stay bent for a while also b/c I don't have enough $ for new rims. Just keep an eye on your bearings and you should be fine:)

westcoastmxer
03-07-2004, 05:40 PM
my bad guys,i thought i was postin on the other guys were his was leakin.:rolleyes: