PDA

View Full Version : Watch for ebay scams

INFANTRY RACING
03-05-2004, 10:42 PM
After bidding on a laegers frame on ebay recently i started reciving emails for ebay members off of ebay trying to sell me the same product at a better price. All of them being from foriegn countrys. These are scamers trying to rob you. So keep an eye out and never buy anything off ebay if it sounds to good to be true. heres one of the many e-mails i have recived.

Subj: Question from seler item-#2462817661
Date: 3/5/2004 2:34:38 PM Central Standard Time
To:
Sent from the Internet (Details)

?? eBay ?????

Hi, My name`s Cristian Dinu,i am located in Italy(Europe) and I have the same product that you bid on(LEAGER FRAME FOR TRX250R 250R NR).I should be very delighted if you agree to purchaise the product from me.The product is new brand in original box and i never use it.When it will be ship it will be made a return policy for 7 days (with that the buyer can return the product in case something won't be like him expected to be),the package will be insured for the full amount that the buyer paid for it. The shipping will not be a problem because I will shipp it via UPS. The price is $600 US Dollars including shipping. If i can be of any assistance,please do not hesitate to contact me, Kind Regards!!!

??!
danzo_men

????????,???????? eBay ?????????,?????? ????????,???? eBay ???

??????? MoneyGram ? Western Union ???????? ??????????????????,????????

????????????,??eBay ???????

??? eBay ?????? ™:http://www.tw.ebay.com/

rollie
03-06-2004, 07:16 AM
does anyone even ride in italy j/p:D

416exmx
03-06-2004, 09:03 AM
here is how to tell if they are scams... see at the bottom where there are tons of question marks then ebay, money gram, western union, then more question marks...... in a real e-mail the question marks will be words... that should say something like " if you get an e-mail from someone trying to sell something outside of ebay, click here to report it"...that is what is is supposed to say, something like that... anyway these guys scramble it up with question marks so you cant report them to ebay.... you should still be able to click on a link within the question marks that says eBay and report them...