PDA

View Full Version : got laid off today!!!!!!

gimpbzkt400ex
03-05-2004, 08:30 PM
well, ^^^^ says it all... so much for my 416 upgrade... :mad: :grr: guess it'll have to wait ... my boss said it could be a week or it could be 2 months... he doesn't know but he said after the first week I can draw low earnings.... that might help out a little... :(

theTman
03-05-2004, 08:33 PM
ahh that sux man.... here we come

roostin_dale
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
that sux man! good luck on a new job!

gimpbzkt400ex
03-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
that sux man! good luck on a new job!

well... I'm union... so I WILL get called back when the buisness picks back up... I work in production in a glass factory... when construction picks back up... so will we..... I will just enjoy my time off if it isn't too long and draw my low earnings but hopefully it won't be too long

Woodsrider
03-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Good luck I hope its a short lay off. I have been laid off for going on two years in the aviation industry. No big though, I just went back to automotive. Enjoy the time off as long as you can afford it. then hit the bricks and look for work;)

Tommy 17
03-05-2004, 09:15 PM
the told my mom 2 days ago shes most likly gettin laided off... shes lookin at a job right now on the other side of the state so i mayb moving soon as i graduate... its in the town of sellingsgrove right next to rausch creek (i'll be in heaven) and i'm 99.99% sure traci and rick cecco live there also!!!

gettin laided off sucks!

MOFO
03-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

gettin laided off sucks!

no chit.. tell me about it... :mad:

Chino
03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
the told my mom 2 days ago shes most likly gettin laided off... shes lookin at a job right now on the other side of the state so i mayb moving soon as i graduate... its in the town of sellingsgrove right next to rausch creek (i'll be in heaven) and i'm 99.99% sure traci and rick cecco live there also!!!

gettin laided off sucks!

No peekin in her bedroom window Tammy. Sorry to hear bout you gettin laid off dude, hopefully it wont be for long, or you find something better.

cool 300ex
03-05-2004, 10:40 PM
That stinks my dad got laded off one time for 3 years.

rollie
03-06-2004, 09:58 AM
that does suck my mom got laid of a couple years bak:(

Quadude32
03-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
no chit.. tell me about it... :mad: I know how you feel man where i work they had cut back's i was there 12 yr's , And a buddy of mine told me the other day he's getting it mid march he has 15 yr's there,We'll never be called back and it s a union shop but probly not for long,:eek2: So i''m moving on to get my "CDL A" go luck man

jonc623
03-06-2004, 02:39 PM
i have been layed off since dec 20 and im looking at it as a vacation ill go back to work in the spring get layed off every winter

MXcutie
03-06-2004, 02:47 PM

gettin laided off sucks!

i thoughty our mom was some big shot in radiology.... i mean come on they are always lookin for ppl in that field...

Tommy 17
03-06-2004, 03:12 PM
tiff u make me laugh...

if u had any brains and listened to the news at all you'd know that bon secour and altoona general are combining... my mom's department is gettin combined with the other one who already has enouf techs with more seniority on the list bc the radiology will stay at altoona general with dr. shocker... they don't need that many techs so she'll have part time makin 25,000 - 30,000$ a year when she can go out there and make 60,000 - 75,000$ a year... only way we will stay is the combining of the 2 hospitals don't go threw...

now as u said they are lookin for them all over the place... and that they are... she has like 8 offers in 3 days on places to go and work but sellinsgrove is the only one in PA... we need to stay in PA bc me and my sister need to be pa residents for college tuition;)

LTandRaptorider
03-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by MXcutie
i thoughty our mom was some big shot in radiology.... i mean come on they are always lookin for ppl in that field...

Uh ohh... and the first shot is fired... :eek:

MXcutie
03-06-2004, 06:27 PM
tiff u make me laugh...

if u had any brains and listened to the news at all you'd know that bon secour and altoona general are combining... my mom's department is gettin combined with the other one who already has enouf techs with more seniority on the list bc the radiology will stay at altoona general with dr. shocker... they don't need that many techs so she'll have part time makin 25,000 - 30,000$ a year when she can go out there and make 60,000 - 75,000$ a year... only way we will stay is the combining of the 2 hospitals don't go threw...

now as u said they are lookin for them all over the place... and that they are... she has like 8 offers in 3 days on places to go and work but sellinsgrove is the only one in PA... we need to stay in PA bc me and my sister need to be pa residents for college tuition;)

1st off i dont watch the damn news... and 2nd off i'm at johns place house sitting and they have direct TV with no local... so even if i did watch the news i still wouldnt know that... and 3rd i'm not goin to make a comment on your mom goin to get laid off.... so before a fight gets started i'm zippin it

Tommy 17
03-06-2004, 09:20 PM
its been on the news for a month:o

btw i have direct tv and i got local channels;) so whats ur next excuse

i ain't even gonna continue bc i'm literally laughin 2 hard here...

Motoman440
03-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by gimpbzkt400ex
well... I'm union... so I WILL get called back when the buisness picks back up... I work in production in a glass factory... when construction picks back up... so will we..... I will just enjoy my time off if it isn't too long and draw my low earnings but hopefully it won't be too long

That blows!!! Well look at it on the positive side, you now have more riding time!!! Come on down to Charleston and well do some riding soon. :D

Guy400
03-07-2004, 07:12 AM
tiff u make me laugh...

if u had any brains and listened to the news at all you'd know that bon secour and altoona general are combining... my mom's department is gettin combined with the other one who already has enouf techs with more seniority on the list bc the radiology will stay at altoona general with dr. shocker...Don't worry, Tommy. Something tells me that Tiff already knows all about The Shocker...lmfao:D

Tommy 17
03-07-2004, 08:01 AM
hahahaha i'd think so 2:eek: