PDA

View Full Version : *HELP* I got a concusion...

Narly R
03-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Last saturday i was hittin the ramp. I was nocked out for a couple minutes and was way outa it for a few hours. I cant remember that whole day. Well that was last satuday, and I went to the emergency room that night, and I then started comming too, so I left, but my head still hurts and I have got a couple bloody noses since then, could just be coincedence(sp) but I was woundering if anyone had any info on it???

It says within a day or to my head should stop hurting and I should get most my memory back, and my head will stop hurting. I rode today, and my head hurts a little worse, but a LITTLE of my memory has come back, and each day my head feels a little better, just if I bend over, or shake it it hurts pretty bad...:(

I just need some info....

MOFO
03-05-2004, 08:20 PM
last thing you want to do is ask for peoples advice on something like this on the internet.... Go get your butt back to the doctor! :blah:

red
03-05-2004, 08:21 PM
if it hurts to bend over or shake your head then dont bend over and shake your head:D

ultimate2girl
03-05-2004, 08:23 PM
KC my dad said that if it gets a little better every day than it might just be slow to recover but if it doesnt get better in a week or so go back to the doctor ! (hope you get better)

Narly R
03-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah..... I kinda got that part, I just dont wanna go back to the doctor, and figured there has to be someone on here that has went threw this before, and has some do or donts...

beak7707
03-05-2004, 08:44 PM
I've had a couple concussions in my day. I was the same as you, didn't have a clue what was going on or anything. I came to during the cscan at the hospital, and after that i was fine. My head hurt for a few hours and if i turned my head fast i would feel dizzy, but that only last a day or two. I never had any nose bleeds or anything. It sounds kinda serious, you might want to go get it checked out again. Even though they released you from the ER, they might have missed something. Mine was only a mild concussion so they weren't to concerned about it. You only get one head man you better take care of it!

Narly R
03-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
I've had a couple concussions in my day. I was the same as you, didn't have a clue what was going on or anything. I came to during the cscan at the hospital, and after that i was fine. My head hurt for a few hours and if i turned my head fast i would feel dizzy, but that only last a day or two. I never had any nose bleeds or anything. It sounds kinda serious, you might want to go get it checked out again. Even though they released you from the ER, they might have missed something. Mine was only a mild concussion so they weren't to concerned about it. You only get one head man you better take care of it!

Thanks man. But the thing is they didnt realease me I just left, I shoulda stayed... I will see how it is in the next couple days....

:( :mad: MAN! I hate this stuff!

MOFO
03-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Thanks man. But the thing is they didnt realease me I just left, I shoulda stayed... I will see how it is in the next couple days....

:( :mad: MAN! I hate this stuff!

bad move... should have stayed. My fiance is a nurse and has spent her time in the ER... you'd be surprised how many "ahhhh... its no big deal" turn into "oh chits"...

no to scare ya, I'm sure its fine, but its always better to get the ok from a doc...especially when you are dealing with your noggin...

LTandRaptorider
03-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I got a concussion almost 18 years ago from a quad wreck. Spent the night in the trauma unit, didn't know much of anything until the next day. I did have some dizziness and headaches for about a week. I still don't remember much about that day... and my short term memory hasn't been too good since. This isn't something to mess around with. If you checked yourself out before they were done, get your butt back and let them make sure everything is ok. Not too many people hate going to the doctor more than I do, but sometimes you have to use your head... pun intended! :p

now, what was I talking about? :confused:

Narly R
03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, ur right man. I shoulda stayed. Ill see what I am like monday.....

:muscle:

JOEX
03-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Maybe if you cut your hair you wouldn't have much of a headache?:devil: :blah: J/K:D

But really man, you should at least call, does your med. insurance have an 'advice nurse' you can contact?

Joe

Lil - Braff
03-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Ah... just walk it off!! You'll be fine! lol j/p It sounds to me like you need to go to the doctor. Hope ya get to feeling better soon!

batgeek
03-05-2004, 11:34 PM
dude! go back to the doc ASAP.

concussions can be quite severe, even though you feel ok there still can be some pretty good damage.

i've had quite a few from playing football and dritbikes/atvs.

some symptoms may not show up for a couple of days, all the way to a couple of weeks. hemorraging and swelling(of the brain tissue) may not be diagnosed until a couple of days after the concussion.

GET TO THE DOC!!!

Narly R
03-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Maybe if you cut your hair you wouldn't have much of a headache?:devil: :blah: J/K:D

But really man, you should at least call, does your med. insurance have an 'advice nurse' you can contact?

Joe

We prolly have an "advice nurse" but I have no idea who she/he is. My head is doing a lot better, just sore. I am pretty shure it will be a lot better by monday.

:)

LTandRaptorider
03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Don't forget to ask for the "Head Nurse"! :devil:

RideRedEX
03-06-2004, 12:14 PM
kinda have a problem like that now. mine was more of a whiplash doc said my head pulled away from my spine. stretched muscle and stuff up there. i was gettin dizzy when i went to stand up and passed out a few times. Mine is mostly from being bruised. The nose bleed thing sounds kinda weird, you'll probably have to get a CAT scan for that so they can figure out whats goin on

speeddemon105
03-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I had a mild concussion a long time ago and it sucked. Headache lasted a couple of days, although I didn't lose any memory. For about 5 or 6 hours after it happened everything was literally spinning. I puked a few times, couldn't hardly walk on my own, and my head hurt so bad it felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat right in the head. It went away though. I would still go to the doctor even if it is feeling better. Head injuries are serious, I wouldn't take it lightly.

JTRtrx250r
03-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
dude! go back to the doc ASAP.

concussions can be quite severe, even though you feel ok there still can be some pretty good damage.

i've had quite a few from playing football and dritbikes/atvs.

some symptoms may not show up for a couple of days, all the way to a couple of weeks. hemorraging and swelling(of the brain tissue) may not be diagnosed until a couple of days after the concussion.

GET TO THE DOC!!! I asked what happened in another tread.now that I know..I agree w/ this dude...NOW GET! Nothing to question..,better safe than sorry and nobody should have to tell you that!
Let us know WHAT THE DOC SAYS!

Narly R
03-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys, sounds like I need to go to the doc....:rolleyes: :( ;)

JTRtrx250r
03-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I think I can speak for everyone by saying.. your a good kid and we'd hate to hear something bad happened to ya man,;)

Narly R
03-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I think I can speak for everyone by saying.. your a good kid and we'd hate to hear something bad happened to ya man,;)

Thanks man! I really appriciate it!:)

But dont worry about me, I'm a fighter!!!:D ;)

Narly R
03-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Ohh an JTRtrx250r, I am in Vancouver Washington right now. Man was I ever so pumped that the Red Lion had the net!:eek: How far is your town from here? j/w

JTRtrx250r
03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
hhmmm, I'd say 3-4 hrs give or take, Im 10 or so miles out of Seattle, and not too far from Evergreen Speedway if thats any sort of land mark haha:D

Narly R
03-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Ohh well I am not shure where taht is at. I was just wounderin. Are you going to be doing any races at Eddieville, or Washougal? I will be at Goldendale (Eddieville) April 24th-25th.

JTRtrx250r
03-06-2004, 11:13 PM
I was hoping to get to go to either,still need a couple things but it also depends on my riding buddys so we'll see, I really wanna run Washougal, been there before but was a spectator:( that track is awesome and I cant wait to get the chance to ride it:macho :D wish me luck man LOL;)

SGA
03-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I just need some info....
Heres some info. It mentions the nose bleeds too. You did this a week ago?
http://www.bch.org/services/neuroscience.cfm/Concussion

Toadz400
03-06-2004, 11:58 PM
nose bleeding probably isnt good... maybe your nose got hit real hard though? idk. when i got a concusion my head hurt for a day or two, and i was kinda out of it.

DEAL
03-07-2004, 11:56 AM
People spend good money to feel like that.

JOEX
03-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Ohh well I am not shure where taht is at. I was just wounderin. Are you going to be doing any races at Eddieville, or Washougal? I will be at Goldendale (Eddieville) April 24th-25th.
See ya there;) :)

Chef
03-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
See ya there;) :)

I WILL be there. :cool:

LTandRaptorider
03-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Heres some info. It mentions the nose bleeds too. You did this a week ago?
http://www.bch.org/services/neuroscience.cfm/Concussion

Some good info there... I can attest to the second impact sydrome. After my concussion from the quad accident, I took a kick to the back of the head in kick-boxing that normally wouldn't have affected me much... but that put me out for a couple of seconds. :o Hmmm... I've had many of the adult symptoms except... cannot be easily aroused after falling asleep! :p luckily he has a mind of his own... :devil:

Nausty
03-07-2004, 10:31 PM
yup I had a atv accident a while ago where the quad impaled me into the ground about 2 years ago and after driving in a truck for 2 hours to get there and I crashed in the 1st few minutes I figured **** it and kept riding even tho my head friggen hurt. But in the end I think I seriously messed my self up. Ever sense then I havn't been right and I have no short term memory and am confused pretty easily.:o

hope ur a lot luckier than I was.:(

Blysster
03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I was involved in a truck accident 2 summers ago where a friend of mine got a severe concussion. The symptoms he had sound allot like what you were describing except he was in a coma for 3 days.

He had the nosebleeds and he doesn't remember most of that weekend to this day.

I don't mean to scare you but my friend still can't hear right, he gets headaches all the time, and has a very poor balance now. Despite all this he still considers himself lucky.

This is not something to mess around with. Leaving the hospital without being cleared was not the smartest thing to do. (At least you can blame it on confusion caused by the concussion)

I hope you recover fully from this but I strongly recommend going back to the doc...

SGA
03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Narly, where you been! You didnt fall out on us did ya?
Hows the noggin?