PDA

View Full Version : Shiat Happens...

Raptor4439
03-05-2004, 05:20 PM
ugh im so bummed out, I was sitting in school today staring at the clock in last period until the bell rang, I raced home and chunked my gear in the truck and throwed the 440 in the back, went out to the track, unloaded, put on my gear and fired her up, I was planning on a full day of riding.. I took a lap around the track, hit a table, came around, hit a double, hit a stepup, then when I went around the burn I came up on a jump iv'e been, up to recent, scared to jump, I just pinned the gas in third and hit it, I overshot the landing ramp and hit hard, hard enough to bend my handlebars :mad: then after I landed I had to hit the other set of doubles or wreck so I hit those and they bent down... I was so pissed when that happened... so now I have to wait a couple of weeks on a set of handlebars before I can ride again :grr: :mad: :mad:

had to vent.. sorry people :(

03-05-2004, 05:22 PM
i had an extra set I coulda given to you for free...i threw them away though

Urpoisonddream
03-05-2004, 05:27 PM
im sorry that happened to you. I dont have a quad yet so i might not know how mad you are about it but while your waiting... you'll dream about riding wont you?

JDiablo
03-05-2004, 05:54 PM
simple solution..... : bike handlebars.....lol nah j/k man don't want you to get hurt....i need to ride soon to

roostin_dale
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
that sux...i always keep an extra set in my trailer...

I actually sold a set between Motos once, because someone bent their's in the first moto....:)

JOEX
03-05-2004, 08:36 PM
That's a good idea, keeping a set of bars for back up:)

roostin_dale
03-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

yea i try to keep the main things that break in my trailer(cheap things anyways)..like brake leavers, clutch levers, chains, bars, grips, small things..

toby400ex
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
theyre just handy bars, ur lucky thats all that happened. last time i over shot a jump i broke my wrist.

dirtmomma
03-05-2004, 09:43 PM

& nerf bars :eek: :blah: :devil: I" SORRY JOE I just had to do that, but I"m just playin with ya!!!!!!!!;) ;)

JOEX
03-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
& nerf bars :eek: :blah: :devil: I" SORRY JOE I just had to do that, but I"m just playin with ya!!!!!!!!;) ;)
:cuss: :o :p :D Got them fixed with a BFH!:devil:

dirtmomma
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM
:cuss: :o :p :D Got them fixed with a BFH!:devil:

:D :D :D :D

Raptor4439
03-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
theyre just handy bars, ur lucky thats all that happened. last time i over shot a jump i broke my wrist.

Im surprised I didn't get flipped over the bike when I landed, just another reason why I need some elkas :rolleyes:

lil400exman
03-06-2004, 02:57 PM
well what kind of bars do you got? if they are stockers then what did ya expect?!?!?!? those things are made outta soter!:rolleyes:

Raptor4439
03-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I had aftermarket bars, dunno what kind though they came with the bike. lol today I went and rode with the bent handlebars and I cased a jump and crashed into the face of another :blah: so I had a fun filled day.

Nausty
03-07-2004, 11:15 PM
lol, chill out bro. Sounds like you go out there and just pin it when your not ready for it yet. Take it a little bit slower and you won't have to worry about breaking parts or bones as much. :)

Save all that determination for when your racing.:p

Raptor4439
03-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
lol, chill out bro. Sounds like you go out there and just pin it when your not ready for it yet. Take it a little bit slower and you won't have to worry about breaking parts or bones as much. :)

Save all that determination for when your racing.:p

lol yeah I hear what your sayin man. but when Im trying new and bigger jumps for the 1st time I'd rather overjump them than case em. The jump where i bent my handlebars the first time im clearing it fine now, I just had to jump it first to determine how hard to hit it. I still don't quite know how far to judge my jumps but im getting there. :o

The set of jumps where I wrecked into the face of was a stupid mistake..very stupid. I went up to a series of small doubles and I just pinned it to clear the first one, not looking ahead to see how far the next jump was, when I did that I landed right in front of the next jump and I wasn't ready for it so it kicked my rear end up and sent me flying, I slammed on the back brakes and pulled up, so that leveled me out a little so I didn't flip over when I landed but I slammed into the next jump. so after all that I just cracked my front left plastic where my knee hit. :p

Out_Sider
03-08-2004, 08:54 AM
lol, the first time i was at the track, it was the first lap and i went up to this little jump (looked like it..) and took it at about 3rd pinned, and once i went over...the whoops from hell were smacking me everywhere, i thought for sure i was goin over the bars and my quad was gonna land on me...but some how i managed to keep the quad on all fours. lol. the bad thing is ever since that..i've been a good bit slower goin over whoops.. :o

Raptor4439
03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
haven't really been over woops yet, looks fun though :p

by the way.. do you know the lowes brothers? they are a race team in SC.

Out_Sider
03-08-2004, 09:32 AM
no i've never heard of them..btw what track were you at? April 3rd i might be goin up to Greenville to a track called STrawBerry Hill for my first race of the season. I usually go to Turkey Creek to practice though. all the dirtbike bike ppl there are asses tho. but the quad ppl up there are VERY fun to talk to and hang with.

Raptor4439
03-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I was at a local track, nothing major. the tracks I usually go to are in bishopville and camp coker over in society hill. camp coker is a beast though but bishopville is funnnn, almost all the quads there just roll over the jumps, me and the lowes brothers are about the only riders to clear stuff there. you should come down man and we could rip it up :D