PDA

View Full Version : Klemm Research

cattman96
03-05-2004, 03:46 PM
There was a company out in California I used to use for porting, pipes, carbs etc.. called Klemm Research. This was back in the late Eighties. Now that I am getting back into the Quads I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Are they still in business or am I just getting to old? I was very poleased with their service and would like to use them again. Can't find them on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

dnj400ex
03-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey,
I'm not sure if this is the same place, but I had some work done to a 1996 seadooHX about 5 years ago. A guy named Harry Klemm owns or runs a place called GROUPK. They were very big in jetski's then. I know this company is still around but not sure if they work on quads.

dnj400ex
03-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Also, porting and polishing is the kind of work he performed for me and it was in Arizona.

ryanh250ex
03-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by cattman96
There was a company out in California I used to use for porting, pipes, carbs etc.. called Klemm Research. This was back in the late Eighties. Now that I am getting back into the Quads I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Are they still in business or am I just getting to old? I was very poleased with their service and would like to use them again. Can't find them on the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

i have heard of the company before.

i have no idea what has happened to them. it seems like they dropped off the radar back in the late 80's....

a better place to ask would be 3wheelers.org, or some other site dealing with trikes. they tend to watch trike-related things very very closely.

sorry i couldn't be of more help, but i honestly have not heard anything new about Klemm Research.

cattman96
03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
It was Harry Klemm!! That is very helpful!!! That man could make a quad fly!! I appreciate the help guys!! I had no idea where to start!! I was actually on the cover of the August 1988 issue of 3and4 wheel action riding a bike prepped by him at a Mickey Thompson event in Pasadena Ca. Thnaks again I now have a starting point.

phebus
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM
They specialize in Watercraft now, and are located in Fort Mojove, Az. Here is a link to their web page GroupK (http://www.groupk.com/index.html)