PDA

View Full Version : Martha Stewart = guilty

DillonTMNT
03-05-2004, 01:43 PM
of 4 oput of 5 charges. She will spend atleast 16 months in fedeal prison. Prolly a lot more.. I am sickened over this.

-Dillon

MOFO
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DillonTMNT
of 4 oput of 5 charges. She will spend atleast 16 months in fedeal prison. Prolly a lot more.. I am sickened over this.

-Dillon

why are you sickened over this? Do you feel sorry for her because she cheated the system and got caught? What would happen to you if you were accused of the exact same thing?

Its about time that some of these "famous" people start becoming accountable for their actions. They have to understand that being famous does not give them the right to be above the law. Sure some people are saying everyone is out to get her...she is a well known name...life sucks...its part of being a public icon....it has its share of plus's and minus's.... here is a huge minus... she needs to deal with it.

300exOH
03-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Ha ha ha! I can see it now. She'll have Bubba knitting and all the inmates will be redecorating their cells. LMFAO!

FreekShow
03-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Ha ha ha! I can see it now. She'll have Bubba knitting and all the inmates will be redecorating their cells. LMFAO!

OMG THATS TO DAMN FUNNY LOL!

400exdad
03-05-2004, 02:00 PM

I hope that is sarcasm I'm smelling! :D

IMHO, she made the wrong person angry or didn't include them in on the deal. She has snubbed a lot of people, including her husband, on her way to the "top". What goes around, comes around.

MOFO
03-05-2004, 02:02 PM

-Dillon

actually I looked at your post one way and assumed you meant you are sickened that she got charged....

If you meant you are sicked and thought she should get a longer sentence...then I apologize. :D

AtvMxRider
03-05-2004, 02:03 PM
She has too much money to spend anytime in jail. She will prolly get a hell of a fine and probation.

beak7707
03-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope she gets locked up. I'm sick of famous people getting away with everything too.

03-05-2004, 02:21 PM
i love her show...whats going to happen with next season!?!?!?! :confused:

pa_countryboy
03-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Lock the ***** up. If it was one of us we would be locked up for awhile. I'm sick and tired of all these famous people getting away with everything. They're no better than anyone else. I mena its complete bull. Ok I'm done apparently it struck a nerve.

JDiablo
03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
she just been found guilty of the 4 out of the 5 charges....i say put her in jail for a couple of years.I wonder if they say that in a womens penatentary to..."don't drop the soap"

MOFO
03-05-2004, 02:28 PM
I would also love to see the resort.... *cough-cough*, I mean prison she is going to serve time at.... :rolleyes:

I've got a gut feeling its not going to be the standard 9x9 cell with a chitter in the corner and a bed on the floor.

JTRtrx250r
03-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Federal prison is a cake-walk compared to others, they aren't confined to a cell all day, they can go make sandwiches when ever they want, they get to watch tv all day,work-out in the gym etc..I dont feel a bit sorry for her, I know a dumbass that got busted w/ 130lbs of weed in international waters(real bright huh?)..he said it was almost like a vacation:rolleyes:

JDiablo
03-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I know a dumbass that got busted w/ 130lbs of weed in international waters(real bright huh?)..he said it was almost like a vacation:rolleyes:

damn.....he would have had some fun with that stuff:eek2:

MOFO
03-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Federal prison is a cake-walk compared to others, they aren't confined to a cell all day, they can go make sandwiches when ever they want, they get to watch tv all day,work-out in the gym etc..I dont feel a bit sorry for her, I know a dumbass that got busted w/ 130lbs of weed in international waters(real bright huh?)..he said it was almost like a vacation:rolleyes:

doesnt surprise me.... I hear that the martha stewart type people actually get nicer accommodations too... :mad:

money still talks, even when convicted...

derekhonda
03-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Im not sure you guys understand the whole situation, all of you are a little quick to jump the gun. The one serious charge against her, i dont know what it was about was dropped. The other 4 lesser charges (dont know anything about them either) but i know they have to do with insider trading. If your stock brocker called you and said, "dont ask anyquestions, but sell this stock right now" wouldnt you do it? I know i would. Is it really a big deal? Not really. Are people playing it as a big deal. . . .YES. The american public really has something for its celebrities. . .

JTRtrx250r
03-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
doesnt surprise me.... I hear that the martha stewart type people actually get nicer accommodations too... :mad:

money still talks, even when convicted... yep, it not right..she took the chance..and got busted, she should have to rough it just like anyone else, she'll probably have her own custom room w/ all kinds of things from home to accomidate her too :rolleyes:

JTRtrx250r
03-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Im not sure you guys understand the whole situation, all of you are a little quick to jump the gun. The one serious charge against her, i dont know what it was about was dropped. The other 4 lesser charges (dont know anything about them either) but i know they have to do with insider trading. If your stock brocker called you and said, "dont ask anyquestions, but sell this stock right now" wouldnt you do it? I know i would. Is it really a big deal? Not really. Are people playing it as a big deal. . . .YES. The american public really has something for its celebrities. . . hey I hear what you are saying, but our celebs think they can get away w/ anything these days, seems lately more pro ball players are getting busted for murder and rape etc,its the "Im the man" thing that goes w/ their big egos and it gets them into trouble

03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
damn.....he would have had some fun with that stuff:eek2: you never get high on your own supply ;)

MOFO
03-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Im not sure you guys understand the whole situation, all of you are a little quick to jump the gun. The one serious charge against her, i dont know what it was about was dropped. The other 4 lesser charges (dont know anything about them either) but i know they have to do with insider trading. If your stock brocker called you and said, "dont ask anyquestions, but sell this stock right now" wouldnt you do it? I know i would. Is it really a big deal? Not really. Are people playing it as a big deal. . . .YES. The american public really has something for its celebrities. . .

no the american public does not have anything for celebrities, but I think the american public is sick and tired of these people getting away with murder just because they have money to do it. If it was one of us, we would be in jail...no questions asked. If my stock broker called me and said to sell a stock and I agreed, that would NOT be illegal....but there is a bit more information to this story than just a stock broker telling a client to sell a stock... its called insider information and Martha knew all about it! This is something that the normal average stock broker and client have gone to jail for... a BIG no no in the world of trading stocks.

DillonTMNT
03-05-2004, 04:31 PM
why are you sickened over this? Do you feel sorry for her because she cheated the system and got caught? What would happen to you if you were accused of the exact same thing?

Its about time that some of these "famous" people start becoming accountable for their actions. They have to understand that being famous does not give them the right to be above the law. Sure some people are saying everyone is out to get her...she is a well known name...life sucks...its part of being a public icon....it has its share of plus's and minus's.... here is a huge minus... she needs to deal with it.

no I think she deserves what she gets. I am sickened that she is getting so little time. the guesstimate 16 months....

-Dillon

JD400exrider
03-05-2004, 08:14 PM
no the american public does not have anything for celebrities, but I think the american public is sick and tired of these people getting away with murder just because they have money to do it. If it was one of us, we would be in jail...no questions asked. If my stock broker called me and said to sell a stock and I agreed, that would NOT be illegal....but there is a bit more information to this story than just a stock broker telling a client to sell a stock... its called insider information and Martha knew all about it! This is something that the normal average stock broker and client have gone to jail for... a BIG no no in the world of trading stocks.

I would aggree and she needs to do time. I would be surpreised if she does more that two years though.

The people that need to do some real tough jail time are these top executives with companies that are tweeking the books to show a company that it is doing better than it really is. A good example is Enron and a few others. These *******$ have no clue or maybe they do and don't care what they have done to peoples lives. Not only the people that worked there but the people that bought there stocks. Imagine being an employee at one of these companies for many years working your but off, investing back in the company for retirement. THEN the company goes under and every thing you saved and invested in for the future is gone. Some of these people are in there 50-60's and have little to know retirement savings because the big fish at the top took the company down over greed.

MOFO
03-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
These *******$ have no clue or maybe they do and don't care what they have done to peoples lives.

they do know and dont care! I agree with ya though... let 'em fry!

redroost85
03-05-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm with ya Mofo. :rolleyes:

I have had enough of her schiz anyways. These dam celebs think they can get away with anything. I hope her cell mate is a mean *** b!tch!:devil:

Greg Z
03-05-2004, 09:22 PM
guys not 4 out of 5 they made a mistake it was 5 out of 5. on FOX they said NBC and CNBC made a mistake :blah:

MOFO
03-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
guys not 4 out of 5 they made a mistake it was 5 out of 5. on FOX they said NBC and CNBC made a mistake :blah:

yep, I thought I read that earlier..

03-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I dont really watch the news or listen to the radio but what did she actually do?

DillonTMNT
03-06-2004, 01:14 PM
insider trading

-Dillon

03-06-2004, 05:54 PM
:cool:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/MARTHA.gif