PDA

View Full Version : How are the cops around you?

87Warrior
03-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Around here they only come after you if its the end of the month.
i know someone that was on the wrong side of the road and went right past a statie they usually don't do anything unless someone is complaing about the riding
the worst are the rangers

IN FACT i know 2 guys (one, stock raptor with some kind of bumper, and a guy with a warrior with a yoshi pipe) that ride ALL over town. they ride down 206 to the state forrest to chattsworth and back in one day and i don't think they ever got caught (i hope they stop soon, they do doughnuts on people's laws and the people think it was me.):(

03-07-2002, 03:13 PM
the cops around me r ok but some are dicks. i go ridin wit a raptor and a 660 and they r cops so they dont bother me.

03-07-2002, 06:37 PM
It's real rough here.....we have 1 cop.........LOL !!!!!:D

03-09-2002, 03:06 PM
the sencond i put my tire on the road, the cop comes bye 5 min later

03-09-2002, 04:02 PM
i got arrested and my 400 got impounded last spring the night before my girlfriends prom, when me and my buddies were runnin around on the roads two sheriffs cornered me and and friend and one pulled his gun on us. needless to say the sheriff got in massive trouble and we got out of paying any fines or stuff like that. :devil

4punksdad
03-10-2002, 07:31 PM
they ain't too cool around here either

Live2Ride300
03-12-2002, 05:35 PM
i have a trail on my road , but its like a half mile down the road and i usually ride on the side of the road to get there, i try to stay way off the side of the road, and weve been doin this for like 3 years now, and someone called the cops on me, and they said the next time they see a quad there give us a fine, which is *****BAD WORDS*****, were not hurting nebodys property or nething, a whole bunch of people on my road, have golfcarts and they ride those up and down the road, maybe i should call the cops on them, those fu%$### #*%*#%%$% , this weekend i had to throw my quad in the truck to drive it a half mile to get to the trail, the cops suk around here

foul language has to stop........4punksdad

03-12-2002, 06:26 PM
you nailed that one on the head charlie. cops in auburn SUCK. they need to go back to eating donuts like they used to. and people need to get some ***BAD WORD*** lives instaead of calling the cops cuz we are going down the road to trail. as if they have nuthin better to do. were not even screwing off or doing wheelies or racing cars, they just have nuthin better to do and fell like being dicks. ohh and charlie i got you PM, i happen to like my karate kick style one footers.

keep it clean......4punksdad

joe250
03-15-2002, 08:53 AM
My friend got pulled over yesterday. It was on a dirt road, the cop saw him, and parked sideways in the road. He was just goin to a trail, but maybe the cop saw the donuts in the road????

4punksdad
03-15-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by joe250
My friend got pulled over yesterday. It was on a dirt road, the cop saw him, and parked sideways in the road. He was just goin to a trail, but maybe the cop saw the donuts in the road????

funny......... :)

rider250ex
03-15-2002, 06:39 PM
the cops around my suck. they have dirtbikes and try to chase u out of the places we ride. they only patrol on weekends but if someone calls they will be right there and everyone near me call. the cops came to my house because some lady thought i was ridin in her back yard but i was in mine.

yellowrider
03-17-2002, 05:37 PM
cops around us .. yes see when you really need them they are not around but cops love to pic on quads and always trys to catch them

04-03-2002, 06:15 PM
yellowrider:
yes see when you really need them they are not around but cops love to pic on quads and always trys to catch them

that is the truth around here in Evill.
My whole nieghborhood is retired people and sherrifs.
but get this!!!! if i start my quads the police will be in my neighborhood in 5 mins.. no kiddin..
its really played out. an basically ridiculous
but its all a game. just gotta learn how to play,
but i must say.... running isnt allways the awnser.

brandon:devil

04-03-2002, 07:32 PM
thats why you gotta live out in the country...theres no cops ever out there and most of the ppl could care less if you rode your quads around cuz they got their tractors and all that stuff..i prefer the country life over the city **** anyway

Striker49
04-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Cops? What are those?

Naa, Im friends with a Stater but i havent ran into him yet so who knows, but he does have a Breeze for his kids. So far I have yet to see a cop while ridin, and I have to ride bout 2-3 miles on back roads to get to 3 of my ridin spots. Luckily no cop stories here yet. Hope it stays that way for a long time. :cool:

Castor-426ex
04-15-2002, 08:47 PM
well lets see...ive gotten two tickets...one of those tickets cost me an impound visit...but a quick one...Funny thing is..the first ticket he actually clocked me on an old chip and seal backroad....he said I was doin 74..I laughed my *** off at him...And told him I was in 4th gear and his radar was broke...so that sucked..no way i was goin that fast....Crackhead
Some cops are cool where I ride..**** one of them even gots a banshee....sucks though..cause when we ride he cant keep up on the trails and I catch ****....
Oh I got a ticket for riding on the snow during winter....i went to check my mail at the post office like 3 miles from home....BUSTED...lol Thats sad nuthin better to do then bug me..

BAD COP NO DOUGHNUT

BS300ex5
05-16-2002, 10:42 AM
i got a 94 300ex with WB headpipe and muffler thats loud as all h*ll when wound out and i've never had the cops called on me until last week ... i was working on my cousins 1985 trx70 for him and testdrove it. not only can you barely hear it but it dont go fast enough to hurt anything. well losing track of time tinkering with the freshly oerhauled carb a popo pull up with a flat bed and take her away. i wa like you got to be sh*ting me i can wind out the loudest quad in the county and nothing happens but i get a lil70 impounded.... needless to say that overhauled carb job i was getting paid to do ended up costing me about $60

Sparkles
05-16-2002, 11:31 AM
hate them, they say i do wheelies and donuts on my 4x4, and when i take my ex they're at mt house almost everytime:o i dont do anything wrong...:D

adrenalinejunke
05-16-2002, 04:12 PM
sometimes the cops can be a pain where i live me and my friend almost got arrested once but we were just too fast they chased us for about a quarter mile then we got on the path and and that really pi**ed him off so he went to my other friends house thinking it was him and he ratted us out but we ended up getting away with it he said the reason he was mad is because we didnt stop high speed pursuit which is supposebly "dangerous" lmao:devil

MR.EX-TREME
05-16-2002, 04:23 PM
YEAH !! THEY SUCK HERE TOO!! THEIR ACTUALLY TRYING TO BAN 4-WHEELERS IN THE CITY LIMITS HERE!!! THAT WOULD SUCK BIG TIME!! THAT MEANS IF CAUGHT RIDDING EVEN IN YOUR YARD A BIG FINE AND INPOUNDMENT!!!! IM GOING TO TRY TO GET SOME PEOPLE TOGETHER TO GO TO THE UPCOMMING CITY COUNCIL MEETING TO SAY (HE!! NO WE WONT GO)!!!!!! LMAO!!! LATER!!
:huh :huh :huh :devil

frogburner
05-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Cops arent too bad where i'm from... I live in the country and usally ride around in our field of about 60 acres... but to get to the farm, its roughly 1 maybe 2 miles... we have like 250 acres down there, but theres a lady who gripes alot about quads. Have you all ever crossed the interstate before on a ATV??? I have once, its kinda eerie really... we had to wait for the traffic in the southbound lane to clear up a little so we could cross, so in the meanwhile you have to wait for a while in the middle of the interstate....... When me and my cousin and his buddies are out and about, we just county road cruise... Never had any complaints yet.....

lildude
05-16-2002, 07:23 PM
were i live i am kinda out away from town but i do have to go threw it to get to my friends house and vise versa for him but the cops dont really care as long as you stay on the back streets and dont go crazy so i just keep it in first gear and ride i suppose though if one was having a bad day they might try to stop me but i doubt if theyd catch me. but im not worried a week ago i rode about 5 feet from a cop that was parked talking o someone so i dont think they care at all

05-16-2002, 09:52 PM
i live a house down from a cop and i ride on the rode and everywhere. no one seems to care except for my crazy neighbor but he can rot for all that i care. one time i raced the cops son, him on his 400 me on my 300, sad to say i lost oh well

a great man once said "if you cant ride with the big boys put it back on the trailer", i say "F*** that great man im the smallest and can outride all of those fat B*******"

2002 300ex
ac racing (new style) bumper
1987 250x plastic handelbar cover
two brothers racing sticker
fox sticker
armidillo skidplate

05-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Iv seen a cop twice. Once for drag racing with my friend and his brakes cut out so he had to go through an intersection. (we live in the boonies) so its a small and rarly used intersection. The cops came and we all ran(we werent chased). Today I saw a cop, but i couldnt see it, it was hiding! I rode by it, and it flashed its lights on me and my friend, we stopped.. and he told me I should be wearing a chest protector. The cops around here are... WHAT COPS??!?!?!!

"Do you smell bacon?"

Rastus
05-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Most of the people around here are real cool about it. But as soon as one of my neighbors calls the cops, and has my quad impounded, im gonna be hella pisssst.Out where i ride,we ride down the road to get to our trails. Its about 1 1/2 miles to the head of the trail. During the rides,most people along the road come out and wave, and get on their qauds, and come riding with you.

I think ive found a way to get out of getting caught. Get a post hole digger,some barb wire,and some poles, and put it on your quad. Dont go over 20MPH, and your a slow moving farm vehicle :)

Or you could put a 50 pound bag of seed on your seat, and dont go over 20. Works all the same :devil

Most cops around here are pretty cool about it, because most of them have quads.If we did get caught, they would give us a fine,but would take some off. Their just doing their job, but they dont have to be dicks about it.

05-26-2002, 06:17 PM
It's real rough here.....we have 1 cop.........LOL !!!!!

killer i wonder why you only have 1 cop.......

you live in a little arse hicktown!:D

Matrix

Zero Z400
05-31-2002, 06:34 PM
No one calls the cop here. The only thing that has happened to me is some girl says i was on her property but i wasn't. But their a corn field right behind me and lots of trails, and i got permission from the farmer. But the cops don't have a way to get back their.

Later

-=Skot=-
06-01-2002, 01:21 AM
cops are cops, they are pretty much a**holes everywhere. they think that they are above the law around here.:grr

2002_300_EX
06-02-2002, 09:56 AM
i was out one day at a trail and it started to rain so i figured i would go out on this four lane road to get home...maybe 1/4 mile away...i pull out and im goin in 2nd gear along the side of the road...then the **** hits the fan. I see 2...yes 2...cop cars following me with there lights on...but since i was almost home i just nailed the throttle and got home....so no tickets yet for me:D

06-02-2002, 10:37 AM
me and rdmex ran from the cops a couple of weeks ago. We were jumping outta big ditch and here he came. we ran. My freind just sat there on his bicycle and talked to the cop. If we would have stopped our bikes would have been impounded so it payes to run sometimes. We've also had a 4x4 truck try to chase us, but that guys has no luck, 400ex's vs. f-250 4x4 on rough terrain. now that iam running my stock pipe we havn't got any complaints, that WB was loud thats why

zoom11
06-02-2002, 12:53 PM
where i live i think its a law that cops cant chase you for more than 1/4 of a mile so if you can hold them off for that long your good!but if the do get you all you have 2 say is your going to this ladies house(personal friend) and they will let you off cause all the cops know her! the one time me and my friends came out of the trail and pulled up to a stop sign and here comes a cop,turns down the road we where on and didnt say a world! lol

06-02-2002, 09:59 PM
the cops are ok around here but 3 of em ride raptors :(

06-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Well esterday was my most interesting chase. We ride in this huge feild behind two connecting subdivisons. There are two dead ends each that connect in hte feild in each subdivsion. Thewy had one cop car at each one. Me and rdmex were basically surrounded my cops, not a good feeling. We both slowy idled our EX's into the thickest woods we could find and waited till after dark and called our parents on our cell phones to tell us if hte coast was clear. Finnaly a little after 8:30 or so i idle'd out of hte feild and jumped on it all the way home, my dad was waiting at hte shop door, as soon as i entered we shut the door and went inside. its was kinda fun

06-03-2002, 07:20 PM
now thats father son bonding

kinda brings a tear to the eye....

06-03-2002, 08:05 PM
lol

06-06-2002, 01:02 PM
i ride in athens ny and i ride on the roads all the time to get to the trails and i live in the center of town and always ride the roads to get there along with a couple of friends. It helps when your uncle is the judge and your cousin is the town cop. :devil

06-11-2002, 02:31 PM
They used to be pretty cool around here until my friend wrecked real bad at the local gas station, and they told us not to ride at night, but that didnt stop us. Once their was a road block And some helicoptors but they just told us to be safe and watch out for some crazy dud. lol the cops were in the helicoptor over us and scared the piss out of us. But its usually the people trying to be heroes in their 1973 Chevy truck that only goes 40 trying to chase us down, but we run.

Zero Z400
06-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Me and appleman got off our atv's and went to his house and came back and we saw 2 cops standing next to our 4wheelers. We were scared sh*tless but we went down and we talked and they said we're fine and that they wish they could ride. They wanted to talk to some dirtbikers that went down a bike trail, all they needed to do is walk their bikes down the trail. Appleman's bro is friends w/ one of the officers son so that helped too.:D

Later

Myke
06-13-2002, 09:21 PM
the cops around here just wave, or pull u over and tell u to put on a helmet and goggles

ive been in my share of trouble w/ the law for only being 14, and the best thing u can do is kiss there *** and do what they tell u to

loganB
06-13-2002, 10:15 PM
The cops around my house are asome one of them use to race mx and likes my 400ex he actuly helped me fix my seat lach. There is only two cops around my hous and the one that use to race told the other one to leve me alone. But the state Pigs Suck. But the DNR has chast me four times down a trail they havent got me yet.:devil

06-14-2002, 08:15 PM
yea just be nice to cops and they will usually not give tickets. But be a prick and they will be a**holes. but yea im like riding up norht with my friend on all the back roads that are dirt he and i have good times on those. There is one back road that goeas up and down about 4 mountains. Totaly hardback dirt. He and i fly up and down the road its a blast we have only seen 1 car on the raod to. Its a public raod but theres a sign that some kids but there that says stay out water main or sum thing like that. Well it didnt stop us and know we have some awsome back raods to ride on. And if the cops were to come anyway they wouldnt care. we road into the center of town filled up with gas parket at a general store went in got some foor and drink went out ate then we were getin ready to leave a cop drove by waved and took off. We were riding down the side of the road my friend being 15 same as me riding on "oversized quads" lmao. I was like damn i want to come and live up here.
killer
I cant wait to get a 4x4 ill try that slow farm vehicle thing. Because ill have tools on board so y not lol i hope it works!! Ill get one of those orange triangle things and put it on the back of the racks lol

Punk13rym
06-16-2002, 04:10 PM
what state is this place in t want to go there and drive around. the cops by me are horribe they have quads now and when your riding down a trail they kind of block you in and theres no way out. accept in the snow we can go where ever we want because no one can cautch you anyways.

toby400ex
06-16-2002, 10:38 PM
at first when i got my 300 the cops were kind of a pain in the ***. one nieghbor that we thought we were friends with started calling the cops. we found out they did that and one cop that we new came once and said they would stop coming over unless these people took us to court. the people never did and the cop we knew moved in next to us and now i ride with his sons on their yz's. now the people that called the cops just getting a friendly wave of the finger and we ride on.

4punksdad
06-22-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by quad_freak14
Cops around here are DICKS! You cant even push it on the road or ya get in trouble! We were runnin from them and we went in our garage on our quads and 4 cops came in and surrounded us! 2 pulled there guns!!!!!! Oh..and we only have 4 cops in our town! 3 of them werent even on duty!

:huh
4-3=1
you might be hooked on phonics, but you sure aren't hooked on mathmatics

06-23-2002, 09:06 PM
cops around here ain't too bad (NC) they just stop you and say "son, you know you're not supposed to be riding on the road, i don't want to see you do that again, k?" after that, they let you go, wait 5 min. then go back riding, they never stay around

CR125Rider
07-08-2002, 01:17 PM
out here where i live in the boonies, cops are never around, my dad my bro and i usually go to a dump up the road cause there is a few birms to jump, but cops never come through where i live, maybe one ever year or so, so its pretty nice.

87Warrior
07-09-2002, 01:57 PM
the rangers are the WORST

my friend almost got his old bayou impounded b/c he wasn't 16

in the town next to me at Murphy's pit the cops/rangers jump out from behind trees (litterally!!!!) and grab your clutch lever:(
but thats only if there was major complaining

i hear they just got worse over the summer, i also hear that they will let you off if you have it regestered with the township

roostin_dale
07-09-2002, 04:54 PM
that sux! That's not even right....they could make you wreck if they jumped out!!

Meek
07-12-2002, 02:54 AM
My brother-in law and were getting gas, when 2 cops pulled up behind us. They just asked us were we had been ridding, and wanted to know if we knew who had been at the local golf course the night before. They said that someyone on a quad tore up all 18 greens. The cops were cool. One of them wanted to take my Honda for a quick spin, but then they got a call and had to go.