PDA

View Full Version : southern michigan

jaggers
03-05-2004, 07:02 AM
hello -- i live in coldwater michigan and have no place to ride :mad: i have a honda 250x and like all types of riding. i am willing to drive a hour or so. please help! I DO NOT WANT TO SELL MY QUAD BUT I MAY HAVE TO

moto93
03-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Hey,

I live in Hillsdale and there really isn't anywhere to ride around here either. We have 22 acres with about 2 miles of trails but it gets old quick. If you're into motocross you can ride at Log Road on their practice days. Probably the closest riding area around is the Maumee State Forest (http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/Forests/stateforests/maumee.htm) near Delta Ohio. Another spot in Ohio is Radar's Harescrambles track, it's near Delta too. Both are probably a good hour and a half drive for you though.

Hope this helps,

Gasman
03-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Not to depress you any more, but I live in Northern Lower Michigan (the land of 100's of miles of trails), and if you do decide to sell that 250x give me a shout. I am looking for a four stroke sport like that to replace my heavily modded Blaster so I can ride a little more comfortably with my son and his TRX90.

Oh, and to stay on topic, there really isn't much in the way of public riding areas south of M-55, other than Silver Lake. Private areas and MX tracks are your best bet, but it can get pretty old seeing the same thing for hours on end.

Bob

jaggers
03-06-2004, 03:11 PM
MOto93 what kind of quad do you have? I have been to the Maumee state forrest, its pretty cool, some hills would be nice. I have gave log road some thoght. Im just not sure that my quad would be very competitive? Maybe a 350x engine would help!! I actually work in hillsdale, at hillsdale interiors. maybe we could get together some time. I do have a place over on lake diane i could ride. I just have to get permission, I also have a place on nettle lake thats pretty cool. has anyone ever been to the manistee state forrest, that seems like a pretty big trail system.

BKex
03-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, make sure to check out http://www.michigandirtslingers.com/ for a good michigan based site.

michigan rider
03-06-2004, 07:48 PM
what ^^^ said

moto93
03-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jaggers
MOto93 what kind of quad do you have? I have been to the Maumee state forrest, its pretty cool, some hills would be nice. I have gave log road some thoght. Im just not sure that my quad would be very competitive? Maybe a 350x engine would help!! I actually work in hillsdale, at hillsdale interiors. maybe we could get together some time. I do have a place over on lake diane i could ride. I just have to get permission, I also have a place on nettle lake thats pretty cool. has anyone ever been to the manistee state forrest, that seems like a pretty big trail system.

Hey jaggers,

We have a trx 90, Recon, 250ex, and a 400ex.
You don't have to be competitive at the practice days, just have fun!
I've never heard of Hillsdale Interiors?
I used to ride at Lake Diane years ago. I think the last time I was there was back in '95-'96.
Most of the trails up north are whooped out big time.
Ever been to the Badlands?

jaggers
03-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I have never been to the badlands but i have heard some good things about it. Hillsdale interiors is located in the old lucas 300 building, across from Purdy tractor dealership. Its a complete interioirs store from carpet, hard surfaces, installation, countertops, cielings, paint, window treatments, they sell it all. you ll have to check it out.

HondaChris
03-09-2004, 08:01 PM
hey guys...I'm in Hillsdale county as well, down Waldron way. I work in Hillsdale--Dow Automotive. (You too moto93?)--just a guess! I dont have too many trails to ride down here, a mile ro so tops, I do have a track though. It's not the prettiest thing, but its more than enough to have fun on. Maybe we'll all have to get to gether sometime somewhere and go from there.

toomey banshee
03-12-2004, 05:40 AM
Anyone want to hook up on the Sat. 27th. to go to Maumee State park? Let me know maybe we could hook somthing up.:D

HondaChris
03-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey Jaggers--where at around Nettle Lake, if you dont mind me asking. We have some friends that live right at the lake...was just wondering where at from their place..they live on Biscayne, on the south side of the lake.

DuneAholic310R
03-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey guys, I'm in Calhoun county and we actually have a few trails and pits to ride in up here... they get old for us but something new for those that have never been here there is actually 3-4 nice places to go so if anyone is up in the Battle Creek Area gimme a shout i'll show yah where to go... dont sell the quad yet! lol also is anyone running logroad this weekend?

jaggers
03-13-2004, 07:23 AM
red
Ok first off dune aholic whats up? I am always in battle creek. My girfriend goes to KCC. I have heard of some places to ride thier i just dont no where. I did notice a riding area coming down 69 just before you get on the penetrater? But could not find a entrance looks private. Honda chris, My buddy owns a sandpit. He lives on 49. at big bs carryout go to 49 turn left. first house on left. You just need to ask permission first. he's a old atc junke and he has some kick *** harlys. his name is hump nickname of course. I would meet up with you thier as soon as the wether breaks. 27 th weather permitting of course ill be there. Gee guys im not alone anymore, life is good!

toomey banshee
03-14-2004, 05:08 AM
So we can plan on the 27th. for Maumee.. How many is going for sure? Class let see some hands!! Let me know & I can make A list up & maybe I could get A couple bux. from everone & I will go to the store & pick up some things to make sandwich's, pop, chips, or if you have A special request.

Any questions fell free to ask.

AJ
sy1219@sbcglobal.net

moto93
03-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I heard they are logging out part of the Maumee Forest and you can only ride in about half of it now. Anyone know for sure? Anyway, how about going to Radar's Harescramble track instead? It's only a few miles from the forest. I'm scheduled for the day off but we're doing some mandatory overtime. Hopefully I can go. LMK if you guys are interested.
I'm also planning on hitting the Badlands sometime between April 5-9.

toomey banshee
03-14-2004, 10:51 AM
IM game! count me in!! Just 5-10 min. from the forest. We could ride at radars then go to the forest. What time?

AJ.

moto93
03-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I think Radar's open riding is from 12-6 and it's $10 a head on weekends there's no race. You should call (419-533-4447) before heading down. He usually has a recorded message with all that weeks info. Or you can email him at: radarraceme@aol.com

Hope this helps,

HondaChris
03-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Count me in for where ever we go. Hopefully I can jockey some hours around, and leave early to get a bit of sleep the night before. Anybody mind if I ask a few guys I ride with regularly to come along?

Mitch_McComb
03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I drive by a riding place at the end of M-66 at dickman road in Battle Creek all of the time on my way home. Does anyone have any information on this place? Its out by fort custard.
It looks private but there are always more and more people riding there. I get excited everytime I drive by it!!! Lot's of hills and trails!! Did I mention lot's of hills and trails !!!! I've just got to gather the balls to drive up there and ask if I can ride with them!! I see all sorts of ATV's, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki!! I'm pretty alone when I ride too except for when my wife rides with me. I'd love to make some new friends. Since I moved to Augusta I don't see to many people any more!!

dasheek
03-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I migbt be in for radards it depends on what my work schedule is going to be next week. If i don't have to work the 27th im in. How do you get to radars never been there?

DuneAholic310R
03-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I drive by a riding place at the end of M-66 at dickman road in Battle Creek all of the time on my way home. Does anyone have any information on this place? Its out by fort custard.

66& Dickman? I cant think of where you are talking about? what is near by? the one on the corner of 66 and I-94 is private but I got permission to ride there

Mitch_McComb
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I know I'm jumping into this post a little late but I have been waiting forever to find some other Lower Michigan EXriders to ride with. My post above seems out of place because I was so excited to see so many people reply. I would definately like to join you guys wherever you end up going.

Mitch_McComb
03-15-2004, 06:57 PM
DuneAholic310R:

Sorry about that. I was pretty excited to get a post out there.
I am talking about a place that is at the intersection of skyline and Dickman Road (Sky line is exit 92 off of I-94). I believe I know the place you are talking about riding at. I've dreamed of riding there for years. I just didn't know who to contact.

DuneAholic310R
03-16-2004, 05:35 AM
ohhh Statler concrete yup we have permission to ride there... also there is some good riding out on W. Michigan behind BAttle Creek rental (hae permission also...) let me know when you guys wanna go also there is a place kind of closer to you... you know where pizza parler is in urbandale? there is some places back in there... let me know..

Mitch_McComb
03-16-2004, 06:07 AM
Statler Concrete is about 5 min. from my house.
Are they the owners of the land? I would love to get permission to ride there. If you don't mind... Who do I ask to get permission. I'm very respectful of other peoples land. Maby I'll just get ahold of you to ride a couple times first, build up some trust with the land owner. I'll try to get ahold of you when I get my header back from being ceramic coated.
I'm not sure where the spot in urbandale is you were talking about but I'll surely go on a driving trip to check it out.

Thanks for the hot spots!

Mitch

moto93
03-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by HondaChris
Anybody mind if I ask a few guys I ride with regularly to come along?

Hey Man, it's a free country. Bring whoever you want!

moto93
03-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by dasheek
How do you get to radars never been there?

It's south of Delta Ohio about 5-6 miles, just off SR109 before Liberty Center.

dasheek
03-21-2004, 10:03 AM
well i worked it out with the boss and don't have to work on saturday so I will be at radards on sat around 12 long as the weather holds out. I looked at the forecast and the are saying 50's for the weekend possibly but that could change before then. It will probally be myself and atleast one of my other buddies there maybe a couple more to. I will post a pics of my bike in a day or so so you can pick me out.

So. lets get the roll call going who is going to be there??

HondaChris
03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Put me on the list to be there, with at least one other, maybe a few more. Depends on who goes with me on what we'll be driving down. I'll let you know in a few days, once I get an answer from my group.

jaggers
03-22-2004, 12:46 PM
:( well im still waiting on parts to arive. Ill be sure to let you guys know if ill be able to make it to radars.

toomey banshee
03-23-2004, 05:41 AM
The weather is going to be clear & 60 deg. Meeting around 12 Noon! I will have A Red & yellow Banshee.! I will have my Cell phone on me if anyone is having trouble finding the place, just give me A call. (734) 693-1753 Hope to see you all there!!

AJ.

dasheek
03-25-2004, 03:06 PM
this is my quad so you can look for me at radars on saturday. Will be there with a few other guys.http://members.aol.com/dasheek/quad

matt

DuneAholic310R
03-27-2004, 05:25 AM
Mitch_McComb

we possibly will be ridin this weekend if you got that thing back together let me know it will be after 5 today though thats when I get out and not sure bout tomm let me know if your interested

Mitch_McComb
03-27-2004, 05:55 AM
Duneaholic310R:

Everything is back together and I'm ready to ride.
I've got stuff to do early today anyways so an after 5:00 ride works perfect for me. I've got Sunday open also.
Where were you thinking of riding at?

I've sent you a PM with contact information.

Thanks for the invite. I'll see you later.

Mitch

robjohn74
03-27-2004, 07:21 AM
LEOTA IS A NICE PLACE TO RIDE. AND IT TAKES ME ABOUT 2 HR TO GET THERE FROM JONESVILLE

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Canyon/5730/

DuneAholic310R
03-28-2004, 06:11 AM
sorry mitch I never got the pm we went to statler yesterday afternoon (the place you asked about) let me know when you have some more free time...

Mitch_McComb
03-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Not a problem.
I've got almost every day free (except for april 03,04 - Silver Lake).
I'll have my quads with me today. Next time you head out give me a shout. Cell is fine.

Thanks,

Mitch

robjohn74
03-28-2004, 11:47 AM
I ALSO HEARD ABOUT A PLACE IN HANOVER THERE IS A GUY THAT LETS YOU RIDE ON HIS LAND AND HE HAS A LOT OF TRAILS I HAVE SEEN THE PLACE BUT IT IS HARD TO EXPLANE IF YOU DONT NO HANOVER .. IF ANYBODY WANTS TO NO I CAN GO GET THE ROADS YOU HAVE TO TAKE TO GET THERE IT IS ABOUT 15 MIN FROM JONESVILLE .......

moto93
03-30-2004, 06:44 PM
robjohn74, Where's this place in Hanover?

robjohn74
03-30-2004, 06:54 PM
if you take concord rd to renolds rd turn right then go to grover rd take a left go to folyer rd right go down and the house will be on your left on a corner you cant miss it

jaggers
04-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Any one riding this saturday? i live in coldwater i am willing to drive two hours for some good riding!

dasheek
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM
a buddy and I are going down to radars in ohio and then will probally end up going to the maumee state forest also. We are planning on geting to Radars around 2 or so on saturday. If any one else is going to be there let me know

toomey banshee
04-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Might end up @ the forest. Not sure what time though.

jaggers
04-18-2004, 07:10 AM
I made it down to log road this weekend. it was alot of fun. I am sore as a mo fo ! Now does it cost 17.00 every time you pratice there? It was sorta expensive! hell i can get into silver lake cheaper than that.

Acidburn
04-18-2004, 10:03 AM
i know where there is a track to ride it is private camp ground place i use to stay there but a new guy bought it and we couldnt afford to camp there and also be charged $10 everyday to ride, it is in rose city, Mi it is sweet i go there all the time it is far away but i love that place :) if you are interested in directions let me know, he has a track and there is LOTS of trails and most fun Hills to Climb :) it is great , if you go there for a weekend it is $15 a day to ride. i was just there on thursday i will get pics of track for you. if you are interested let me know.

-Gary

dasheek
04-18-2004, 08:09 PM
yeah I would like to see some pics of the place. my uncle has a place in rose city that we stay at.

Acidburn
04-18-2004, 09:32 PM
ok well i got some pictures of me riding on the track there so if someone would like to post pics for me that would be great :) there not good pics but sorta gives you an idea on it and i also got some small videos of me goin around maybe if will help a lil better but i dunno where i can post them at

jaggers
04-19-2004, 08:02 AM
yea i sure am intersted! If you could get me some directions and more info that would be GOOD:D

Acidburn
04-19-2004, 12:34 PM
do you have aim? or anything like that so it would be easyer

dasheek
04-19-2004, 05:43 PM
you can e-mmail the pics to me and I will post them
dasheek@aol.com

Acidburn
04-20-2004, 12:44 PM
directions, to

Owgamaw Sport And Trial Center

Rose city, Mich

I-75 to Exit 202
M-33 North 18 miles to Scribner Rd.
Turn Left
Go West 5.5 miles. Turn right on Lentz Rd.
1/2 mile on the right

web site:

Owgamaw Sport Center Website (http://www.ogemawtrails.com/)

page is not great

01lakota
04-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Acidburn
directions, to

Owgamaw Sport And Trial Center

Rose city, Mich

I-75 to Exit 202
M-33 North 18 miles to Scribner Rd.
Turn Left
Go West 5.5 miles. Turn right on Lentz Rd.
1/2 mile on the right

web site:

Owgamaw Sport Center Website (http://www.ogemawtrails.com/)

page is not great

I camped there this winter with some buddies. the DNR trials were fun we rode about 2 hours out. the riding park was closed to quads because the guy wanted it kept nice for the sleds. they also had two hill climbs that were fun.

I am live in souther Michigan also and ride up in flint, nothing around here unless its private land.

Acidburn
04-25-2004, 03:21 PM
yeah i know it sucks, but the guy can be a dick somtimes up there. and i know he wanted it closed because the quads would of tore it up its bs but still fun to ride there in the summer. and yes there is hills all over to clim. this new guy that bought it sucks *** because now some trails are 1 way is gay but compitetion hill is sweet it always changes and there is some other ones around there to :).