PDA

View Full Version : ATTN:Potential Predator buyers...read this

440exnacsracer
03-04-2004, 08:57 PM
well, my predator is an 03 model, i heard that polaris worked out most of the bugs,...lets hope they did, because my expierience has been pure hell. i have all of this documented, so if you dont believe me, i can prove it. i also do regular maintainence and keep this thing spotless, but heres how its been since January of 2003 and this is just a summary, things got really interesting in June!
JAN, 03, purchased the predator
FEB, 03 rear caliper bracket replaced after two weeks in shop
March, 03 rear brakelight assy. replaced, neutral light replaced
April-May- nothing wrong
June, 03 Main frame broke below seat in two frame rails, rear fender brackets broken, neutral light was faulty, front headlight bracket broken, tie rod ends bad, chain was prematurly worn by chain rollers in swingarm skid, front fender brackets broken, heel gaurd brackets broken,
Sept. wiring harness found torn from frame replacement,
Oct,03 requested wiring harness be replaced, it was temporarily fixed during which time i drove 2 hours south for a trail ride and rode 10 minutes and headed home
Nov, 03 transmission starts shifting funny and shifting on its own
Dec, 03 sent in letter explaining my dissatisfaction and need for wiring harness........no reply
jan 04 sent same letter and side letter stating i recieved no reply
and discovered my transmission was going bad
feb, 04, polaris states to send in an appeals letter, and they will get back to me....i have yet to revieve a reply
ALSO december - march nothing has broken....the only reason i can figure out is because i havnt been able to ride it

well thats been my year of hell, buy a new quad and cant ride it, members, if your gonna buy a new atv, i suggest you go to the honda or yamaha dealer, cause this is the biggest mistake i could have made

JDiablo
03-04-2004, 09:13 PM
that sounds like fun...dat sux tho

Hozed
03-05-2004, 05:37 AM
ya my pred has been through alot... but polaris has always been there to give me what i needed under warrenty... sorry your having so much trouble...

250rAL
03-05-2004, 07:40 AM
And then you advertise it for sale in your sig! Where does the line start?

PA440exRider
03-05-2004, 10:04 AM
sell it and get a 450. Predators are so heavy.

flyin#5
03-05-2004, 10:40 AM
thats why i will NEVER own a polaris... heck, there engines are made in my town... im suprized the plant hasnt blown up or fallen apart. :rolleyes: :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/p5b05d46653a8cdfda9a23cf166e59166/f96f6bf0.jpg

Predator19
03-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by PA440exRider
sell it and get a 450. Predators are so heavy.

haha....stock they are what? 415 lbs? Put on a slip on, new bars, drop the heel guards, and get rid of the lights and you are well under 400lbs.

03-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
thats why i will NEVER own a polaris... heck, there engines are made in my town... im suprized the plant hasnt blown up or fallen apart. :rolleyes: :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/p5b05d46653a8cdfda9a23cf166e59166/f96f6bf0.jpg

o god thats great lmao

TroyLeePred03
03-05-2004, 08:06 PM
the predator stock has a better power to weight ratio then the yfz and trx 4.09 vs 4.24 of the pred....hmm looks like the predators quite a bit better there....u can easily shave weight on it....everything on it was designed to take abuse thats why they used heavier steel things like all 4 aarms are steel no aluminum uppers, and no aluminum swingarm....most guys end up putting a heavy duty steel or chromoly swingarm on their quads to replace the weak aluminum....dont get me wrong yfz's and trx's and raptors z's etc.. are all great bikes...and so is the pred! u can point out the people with no clue who have never ridden one they bash it, and 440exnacsracer, wow u got a lemon....i havent had a single problem with mine besides the bent shock bolts but thats expected from the rough landings i had been taking while getting into atv racing:rolleyes: lol....theres lemons in every product line, a mass produced piece isnt always perfect, polaris works to test and make sure their quads and any other thing they produce is top notch, but sometimes u get a lemon, attn: predator owners was a real GAY thing to do because polaris has by far one of the most understanding customer services, and i kno many will agree if they have had troubles, QuadJunkies will tell u the same thing! i wrote letter to polaris for a writing class in school and they responded to all of them within a week or two and even sent me a free poster which i already had from the shop....rright now i am warrantying the frame simply because i want to upgrade to the 03 so i have no worries for racing, they have been taking their time, much like every other company does with bigger warranties, gave them a call today and they are makign sure the frames out monday they said, i really like all this polaris bashing, u honda riders seem to bash every non-honda brand no matter what, if its not red it sucks, wake up and look everythings competative with eachother, theres different bikes for different riders, theres nothing wrong with a yamaha, suzuki, polaris, kawasaki, arctic cat, etc.. hell the owner of the site rides a Z400!, why doesnt he race a 400ex!? he hasnt pushed too hard to get a trx450 to race asap....sometimes it just makes me wonder about people...do u ever stop and think?do u explore the entire market? do u even have a clue what you are talking about? and the answers are NO NO and umm NO if u went to seminars, did a comparison of the atvs, read up on them or even had a single clue what its like you wouldnt be 1 sided honda riders...im sick of every site bashing polaris, every site has and everyones shut up when they ride it cuz they realize hey its actualy a nice bike, i had my doubts and i have considered going for a yfz or trx(id get the YFZ) but i rode them both and i mean i love the way my pred handles but with $10,000 into a yfz id change my mind, lol...i have around $4000 into my predator and i still have some small things i want for it but im working on it piece by piece and im having some pc work done by pappy so i like to work the looks....i dont think youd bash my pred:confused: ...http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pb124a1412cdc2b6b1868616b8cb836f4/fa160a98.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p62671d012c76dd0007df5d4461472436/fa160a8f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p065f0d118d532845929ddbea2113dcb5/fa160a94.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p15d77a86b9c851c7043adb0d7a88db63/fa1606af.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p4ff5c5f7f0757ffbafeb602f3c59822c/fa1606ab.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p3650bb8d278bb1d08473412784a5d85d/fa1606a7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p824ca6695e1ccf7b4e54f2e2a76c04ae/fa16069c.jpg

~TLP~

roostin_dale
03-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5

haha the funny thing about that picture is that you own a blaster....:rolleyes:

anyways..my dads pred hasn't had any problems..at all!

TroyLeePred03
03-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
haha the funny thing about that picture is that you own a blaster....:rolleyes:

anyways..my dads pred hasn't had any problems..at all! i was gonna say it but hey i had one they were fun when i was smaller lol....but really i knew my place shouldnt be talkin **** about a bike that would run yours over when its at its top speed of 55 lmfao blasters r fassttt!!!:rolleyes:

roostin_dale
03-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
i was gonna say it but hey i had one they were fun when i was smaller lol....but really i knew my place shouldnt be talkin **** about a bike that would run yours over when its at its top speed of 55 lmfao blasters r fassttt!!!:rolleyes:

lmao...well i just thought i would tell ya you got a bad arse pred man!

beak7707
03-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear about you new pred being a piece man. That would suck to go out and buy a new bike and have that many problem. Hell, I have a 87R and haven't had any where close to the problems you've had. And TroyLeePred03 theres a lot of people on this site who don't ride Honda. Yeah people favor Honda, but look at the name of the web site EXRIDERS what do you expect. And people do have room to talk about the pred. For around the same price you can by a race ready 450, that doesn't weigh a metric ton, handles better, and is a much better bike overall. There hasn't been any changes made to the 450's and there probably wont be, because Honda and yammy know how to make a sport quad. I agree all manufactures will produce a few quads that have problems. But i have read a lot about the predator and hardly any of it is good.

K2Snow
03-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Ah yes, the immaturity of EXriders never dissapoints to show up in almost every thread. TroyLeePref03, I am behind you 100%. Allow me to pull up a post I typed in response to a bunch of whiny bitc**es on ATVconnection......

oh
boo hoo! all you brand loyalists are retarded. we're talking about riding quads, not politics and side (brand) loyalty. every manufacturer has their ups and downs. you should all be glad we have such a variety of bikes to choose from instead of bashing brands and the riders of those respective brands. whenever i go riding with a group i never take into consideration what kind of quads they ride. who cares, it's fun to ride either way. quit whining about people calling your bike a "craptor" and then firing right back and insulting their bike you hypocritical bitc*es. for all those who agree with me on this, thank you for being open minded. you're the kind of people we need to keep all these loyalist nazis in check and keep the concentration on RIDING and not BRAND ..............

it's pretty fu**ed up when somebody goes and spends well over 5G of hard earned money on a quad, only to have somebody bash it and call it gay. especially when 99% of you fu**ers are speaking form what you ahve heard or read. "oh yea, my friend told me he had a *insert quad here* and it was a POS, so it must be true!" HA! unfortunately with the internet, it's hard to keep kids and immaturity out. i'll bet more than half the people bashing brands on this site are under age 18 and being financially supported by mommy and daddy. the other half doing the bashing, well, they're just retarded. troylee, awesome quad bro and keep up the good work!

TroyLeePred03
03-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
I'm sorry to hear about you new pred being a piece man. That would suck to go out and buy a new bike and have that many problem. Hell, I have a 87R and haven't had any where close to the problems you've had. And TroyLeePred03 theres a lot of people on this site who don't ride Honda. Yeah people favor Honda, but look at the name of the web site EXRIDERS what do you expect. And people do have room to talk about the pred. For around the same price you can by a race ready 450, that doesn't weigh a metric ton, handles better, and is a much better bike overall. There hasn't been any changes made to the 450's and there probably wont be, because Honda and yammy know how to make a sport quad. I agree all manufactures will produce a few quads that have problems. But i have read a lot about the predator and hardly any of it is good. another person that sadly still does not know **** :rolleyes: .....ya theres a lot of guys that switched to other brands from honda on this site also....theres yes a lot of honda riders on here but theres also a good percentage of non-honda riders, but ive seen a lot of honda riders with no respect for anything else.....it says exriders not honda riders.com so why r we talking about TRX450r's? since this is an EXriders.com site?...and since when was a race ready 450 nearly the same price as a pred? obviously they r giving them away where u are and not making any money on it because a predators msrp is close to or lower than both 450s dealer cost...the average person doesnt realize dealers make diddly squat in the powersports biz dealer cost isnt like half of the msrp like most people think...thats why a lot of places charge freight and setup because they barely make enough on a sale especially giving deals and can barely afford to have the stuff set up...theres more money in parts, service, and accesories then there is in sales at all....a predator handles way better which proves u dont know jack...wider + lower= more stable, the pro steering has virtually no bump steer u can blast through a rutted corner on the throttle with no bump steer....and no theres been many problems with the yfz when it came out i remember reading all the problems on the bluetraxx forums....and i kno im bound to hear complaints and problems with the trx...honda and yammy have been building sport quads for a longer time then polaris ...polaris deserves a hand because its their 2nd year in the sport atv market and they have one of the top sport quads....its been a top seller and one of the best bargains...and being a first year quad, also being a first ever sport quad for polaris theres the expected lemons and people dont seem to realize that when they buy one!:confused: .....weighs a metric ton:confused: wet, the predator weighs less than a wet raptor....power to weight of a yfz 4.09 power to weight of a predator 4.24 looks like a winner to me!...u have read a lot about the pred on wat non-polaris or non-predator sites! and its those people that ruin it! ive seen so much **** on other forums on the pred and i make the seem speech to them to because im sticking up giving facts and making some sense out of all this...u one sided people r pathetic i give up with all of u because u obviously are never going to learn i dont kno wat it takes put a gun to your head and throw u on a predator to ride....see u dont kno **** about the pred u are going by wat u hear! not from your own experience...thats one reason u shouldnt be talking ****! ride one yourself not wat some little 13 year old prick wrote up while he was beating off to lizzy mguire on the disney channel....again im not saying the predators the best but polaris deserves respect and some props because its taken up a whole new market and its been doing awsome and the predator is an awsome quad i love mine ...again people learn about something before u talk **** about it...dont go off **** comments like this topic....look at facts not BS

TroyLeePred03
03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Ah yes, the immaturity of EXriders never dissapoints to show up in almost every thread. TroyLeePref03, I am behind you 100%. Allow me to pull up a post I typed in response to a bunch of whiny bitc**es on ATVconnection......

oh
boo hoo! all you brand loyalists are retarded. we're talking about riding quads, not politics and side (brand) loyalty. every manufacturer has their ups and downs. you should all be glad we have such a variety of bikes to choose from instead of bashing brands and the riders of those respective brands. whenever i go riding with a group i never take into consideration what kind of quads they ride. who cares, it's fun to ride either way. quit whining about people calling your bike a "craptor" and then firing right back and insulting their bike you hypocritical bitc*es. for all those who agree with me on this, thank you for being open minded. you're the kind of people we need to keep all these loyalist nazis in check and keep the concentration on RIDING and not BRAND ..............

it's pretty fu**ed up when somebody goes and spends well over 5G of hard earned money on a quad, only to have somebody bash it and call it gay. especially when 99% of you fu**ers are speaking form what you ahve heard or read. "oh yea, my friend told me he had a *insert quad here* and it was a POS, so it must be true!" HA! unfortunately with the internet, it's hard to keep kids and immaturity out. i'll bet more than half the people bashing brands on this site are under age 18 and being financially supported by mommy and daddy. the other half doing the bashing, well, they're just retarded. troylee, awesome quad bro and keep up the good work!
well said! thank god theres a lot of people that understand the way we feel and the way **** should be! of course like all things theres some lemons in the bunch and theres obviously a few lemons on all forums!

K2Snow
03-07-2004, 12:15 AM
ride one yourself not wat some little 13 year old prick wrote up while he was beating off to lizzy mguire on the disney channel....

haha, awesome. you and I need to start our own forum and take care of all the pricks that come in bashing brands. i don't mind somebody legitamately bashing a quad if they know what they are talking about. then again, there is a right way and a wrong way to express your opinion about a qaud. Right way: "I think the handling could be better out of the corners, quad might be better off sitting a little lower, I found it kind of tipsy". Wrong way: "This quad is a piece of **** and handles worse then a fuggin lawnmower, only an idiot would buy this poor excuse of a quad." See the diff? Be mature about it for God sake. It worries me that the stupid kids on this forum are all out operating potentially dangerous motor vehicles.

foxracingpredat
03-07-2004, 12:19 AM
people need to reailize that just because polaris wasnt all about racing when they started makign atv's that they can still be succesful in starting now..i raced almost 20 races with my predator now and ive been happy and succesful at the races..also very few things have gone wrong with my predator and polaris seems to have only corrected those problems for the 2004 models..Iam looking forward to Polaris to be a dominate force in the ATV racing scene in the future and then maybe some of you "know it alls" can eat the **** uve talked about polaris.

troyleepred03 check ur PM'S!!

Aussiequadrider
03-07-2004, 03:33 AM
TroyLeePred03

Mate you said somewhere in that book you wrote, that you did a writing class, did they mention that paragraphs make reading easier.
I got dizzy trying to read some of the good things you wrote.

I still have my pred but love my yfz.

Polaris would have the best warranty though.

Geoff.

Hozed
03-07-2004, 07:48 AM
keep this in mind too...
how many sport quads has yamaha and honda made compared to polaris...? for the first sport quad i think they got some braggin rights... and like aussie said... if it breaks.. it will be fixed and polaris will flip the bill most of the time.

K2Snow
03-07-2004, 11:07 AM
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/motorcyclenewsdetail/id=1820/newsarticle1820.htm

440exnacsracer
03-07-2004, 04:09 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ride one yourself not wat some little 13 year old prick wrote up while he was beating off to lizzy mguire on the disney channel....

Troylee, i really, really hope your not talking about me, do you know how old i am? your just mad because i told you off on your last post, i never thought this post would become what it is, i was just simply posting to warn others before they spend $6000 of theyre cash on a piece of crap, and k2snow, i belive i did go about it the right way, i posted all of the problems ive had with it so people would be aware, also, most of you who are complaining about people talking about polaris are polaris owners,...doesnt that say something? if you like your predator, thats great and im really glad for you, but for those of you thinking of buying one, i am just recommending that they look into it first

....look at facts not BS
i also think my first post had plenty of facts, and about the 13 year old, looks like you had to write a paper to polaris in SCHOOL, wow, looks like your not too far from 13:eek2: :huh

K2Snow
03-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
k2snow, i belive i did go about it the right way, i posted all of the problems ive had with it so people would be aware,

i also think my first post had plenty of facts, and about the 13 year old, looks like you had to write a paper to polaris in SCHOOL, wow, looks like your not too far from 13:eek2: :huh

wasn't necessarily referring to you

QuadJunkies
03-09-2004, 12:53 AM
. But i have read a lot about the predator and hardly any of it is good. then you have not been reading much cause there TONS of good and happy riders out there with theres!!!;) Not EVERYONE wants a Yami,not EVERYONE wants or can afford a new one, and not EVERYONE likes what others like...I guess what Im saying is.... Most love the new Honda and Yami, but its not for EVERYONE....My ole man perosnally didnt like the new Yami he lovedthe power but not the feel,same for a few I know with the new Honda......Polaris has done more backing on the Predator than ANYONE and that is publicly known......yes, it seriously needs to go on a diet.....its still competitive Hats off to Polaris for stepping up to the plate and taking good care of there customers and standing by there Quad!!!

Aussie~~~ nice to see you over here at exriders!!!!:)

QuadJunkies
03-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
well, my predator is an 03 model, i heard that polaris worked out most of the bugs,...lets hope they did, because my expierience has been pure hell. i have all of this documented, so if you dont believe me, i can prove it. i also do regular maintainence and keep this thing spotless, but heres how its been since January of 2003 and this is just a summary, things got really interesting in June!
JAN, 03, purchased the predator
FEB, 03 rear caliper bracket replaced after two weeks in shop
March, 03 rear brakelight assy. replaced, neutral light replaced
April-May- nothing wrong
June, 03 Main frame broke below seat in two frame rails, rear fender brackets broken, neutral light was faulty, front headlight bracket broken, tie rod ends bad, chain was prematurly worn by chain rollers in swingarm skid, front fender brackets broken, heel gaurd brackets broken,
Sept. wiring harness found torn from frame replacement,
Oct,03 requested wiring harness be replaced, it was temporarily fixed during which time i drove 2 hours south for a trail ride and rode 10 minutes and headed home
Nov, 03 transmission starts shifting funny and shifting on its own
Dec, 03 sent in letter explaining my dissatisfaction and need for wiring harness........no reply
jan 04 sent same letter and side letter stating i recieved no reply
and discovered my transmission was going bad
feb, 04, polaris states to send in an appeals letter, and they will get back to me....i have yet to revieve a reply
ALSO december - march nothing has broken....the only reason i can figure out is because i havnt been able to ride it

well thats been my year of hell, buy a new quad and cant ride it, members, if your gonna buy a new atv, i suggest you go to the honda or yamaha dealer, cause this is the biggest mistake i could have made and exactly where is your dealer helping you in all this????:huh A few of the things you mentioned we had warrentied and had them fixed within one week.......:confused: Also got a new frame ,wrist pin warrentied,ect...did you not purchase an Ext. Warenty either????? Im tellin ya. for new quad....you cant afford to NOT!! it was worth Every dime and pd for itself in one trip to get some things fixed.....We have spoken with Polaris a few times about stuff and they deal alot with the dealers why arent you interacting with them and having them get on this stuff when it was in the warrenty stages?????Im sorry to hear of all the bad stuff your going through I would be upset too.....:( But I cant understand why eveyone else has got there parts warrenited..........and yours not.........?????

beak7707
03-09-2004, 08:08 AM
QuadJunkies I didn't really mean to start a whole ordeal over this. I agree the 450's aren't for everyone, thats why I still have my R. What i was saying is for right at the same price you can buy the new 450's. I don't see how you can say people can't afford a new yammy or Honda when the pred is $200 cheaper then the Honda, and $600 cheaper than the yammy. That doesn't look like the pred buyers are saving much money, if they were to spend a couple hundred more they would have a race bike.
I am sure there are people out there who like the pred also. I didn't say there wasn't anybody that liked it, of course theres people who like them or they wouldn't be making them. I said I haven't read much good about the pred, for example shootouts. It is up against raptors, DS650's and now the v-force, and it's not even picked the all out winner over those quads. Its not the fastest out of those, It's not the most comfortable out of those, and the main thing usually brought up is the tranny problems. It does usually have the best suspension, but compared to the 450's I don't think it would be close to the best.
It's just the facts, I'm glad there are people happy with there pred, but this post was started by somebody who isn't happy with his. All i was doing was stating info about that. This wasn't an I LOVE PREDATORS post and i came in here trashing everything. It was a potential buyers be aware, and i stated a few facts that might help a new buyer buy a better quad.

QuadJunkies
03-09-2004, 09:52 AM
QuadJunkies I didn't really mean to start a whole ordeal over this. I agree the 450's aren't for everyone, thats why I still have my R. What i was saying is for right at the same price you can buy the new 450's. I don't see how you can say people can't afford a new yammy or Honda when the pred is $200 cheaper then the Honda, and $600 cheaper than the yammy. That doesn't look like the pred buyers are saving much money, if they were to spend a couple hundred more they would have a race bike.
I am sure there are people out there who like the pred also. I didn't say there wasn't anybody that liked it, of course theres people who like them or they wouldn't be making them. I said I haven't read much good about the pred, for example shootouts. It is up against raptors, DS650's and now the v-force, and it's not even picked the all out winner over those quads. Its not the fastest out of those, It's not the most comfortable out of those, and the main thing usually brought up is the tranny problems. It does usually have the best suspension, but compared to the 450's I don't think it would be close to the best.
It's just the facts, I'm glad there are people happy with there pred, but this post was started by somebody who isn't happy with his. All i was doing was stating info about that. This wasn't an I LOVE PREDATORS post and i came in here trashing everything. It was a potential buyers be aware, and i stated a few facts that might help a new buyer buy a better quad. A predator really isnt even in the same catagory anmore as the new 450"s .Its like comparing Apples to Oranges...;) you just simply cant compare them and really right now.. No one else DOES compare.......and I never said this was an I LOVE PREDATORS post not did I say ANYONE here was starting anything!!!:) I would just like to know why there is NO DEALER in the picture to help get things rolling???And to state that Polaris has really stepped it up with taking care of problems and doing recalls to me, thats more than Yami done in recent years;) I never once said you bashed on anyone:huh this thread reminds me of someone elses that got all screwed up........:confused: I didnt realize how much the Predaotr was in comaprison to the others, over here I tohught there was about 1000.00 in price difference with the Yami:huh

Predator38
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
must have been reading dirt wheels shootouts..dont believe what that rag has to say..they are the most biased mag out... :rolleyes:

440exnacsracer
03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Predator38- must have been reading dirt wheels shootouts..dont believe what that rag has to say..they are the most biased mag out...

Yes, i agree, they think that if it doesnt come from honda or yamaha, its crap, i mean, look at the gas gas....they basically say its crap, yes it may be slightly overpriced, but it is a very nice atv, with more horsepower than either the honda or yamaha.

K_lvl_K
03-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I got my 04' TLD Pred shortly after they released the 04" models last year. I have not had a single problem. Before I bought my Pred I rode a YFZ ( unfortunately the TRX 450R was not released yet so I couldnt compare it ) but I still ended up going with the Pred. My Pred was EXACTLY $1,168.00 less then a new YFZ ( through the same dealership ) which was Excel Motorsports in Denver Co. The pred had More suspension travel, the PRO steering on the Pred gives it a lot better handling especially in the rutted corners, the Pred looks extremely aggresive. Yes Polaris had it's problems with the 03' models but as a first year quad ( in an area that they have never tapped before ) some problems are expected. The most important part is keeping your dealer in the loop so they can help you get S**T straight. My whole point is that you should talk to multiple people before you make any decisions, do not ever rely on what one person tells you. Buy what fits you and your riding style best. But most of all KEEP ON RIDING no matter what it is you decide to buy!

4 WHEELS + MOTOR = Ride it like you stole it!

Mr.Offroad
03-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Oh, yeah, and don't forget to point out... Most of the bashers I see didn't lay out $5000+. Their dad or mom did for them. There's a HUGE difference in the way you view material posessions when you work for the money you spent.;)

QuadJunkies
03-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Oh, yeah, and don't forget to point out... Most of the bashers I see didn't lay out $5000+. Their dad or mom did for them. There's a HUGE difference in the way you view material posessions when you work for the money you spent.;) we work like white slaves for our toys...:(

K_lvl_K
03-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
we work like white slaves for our toys...:(

LMMFAO @ White Slaves!

TroyLeePred03
03-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Oh, yeah, and don't forget to point out... Most of the bashers I see didn't lay out $5000+. Their dad or mom did for them. There's a HUGE difference in the way you view material posessions when you work for the money you spent.;) i may be well supported for my everday life by my mom but i support everything i do for fun....i pay for my quad, snowmobile, truck, insurance, gas, trailer, race fee's, parts, accessories, riding gear.....i mean ya i get the few things of gear on christmas and the bday and some pocket cash...but everyone does no matter what your age...being 16 and keeping up with school, playing sports, working and racing and working enough of my free time which isnt much to save up to pay for things isnt easy sometime and i usually end up with more money spent than earned:confused: so dont point fingers "mr.offroad" because theres people who work hard in life to get wat they want and theres people that take handouts and are spoiled brats well i lay out the $6k for my quad plus another $4k in parts, i just sold my trail snowmobile for a race sled, im busting my left nut to save up enough for insurance on the truck and for gas money...i kno Tina has some nice quads and i can tell her and her husband work hard to pay for everything and even save enough to spend on their kid to ride atvs, i wish my parents would have gotten me all decked out and put into a youth snowcross class or youth atv-mx class....TLP