PDA

View Full Version : front spindle bent?

speedracer350X
03-04-2004, 03:52 PM
OK, bought my 400 EX new back in August, went riding about the 3rd week in Sept. Still was babying it at the time. Hit a stump in 2nd gear with right front, actually bent the rim on the inside and wheel woudn't rotate due to the dented inner part of the rim hitting the brake caliper. Got that problem fixed thanks to other off-roaders in jeeps with their tools. Anyways, been riding with no problems,(not steering to one side or anything) but I noticed yesterday when looking at my machine from the front, it seems that tire is leaning to the inside (castor/camber) more than the left tire. Check it by eyeballing it with a carpenter's square, and it seems to be about an 1" wider than the other tire. I checked the tie rods the best I could, and the A-arm seems fine, like I said, I hit it in 2nd gear, maybe at half throttle. It actually spun the bike on the right front when I did it, 'cause the dented rim prevented the wheel from spinning. I kinda think maybe the spindle is just bent, 'cause I tried adjusting the toe in/out, but it didn't really do anything, that's why I think the tie rod is OK. Anyways, any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I know it's tough to trouble shoot on the internet, tries to supply enough info. Thanks!!

4TraxRider
03-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Take the hub off and inspect the spindle, see if theres a noticable bend. Other than that, it could just look that way because of your plastic. One of my friends was convinced his frame was bent just because his plastic was crooked.